Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

For the record Dr. Doom is a loving god tier genius who is pretty much the intelligence GOAT of marvel along with Tony Stark and Reed Richards.

Dr. Doom also deeply gave a poo poo about the people in his country of Latveria. You hosed with them you dead.

Yeah he was also a power mad lunatic, but man found a way to save Earth in the collapse of the multiverse.

Yes I’m clearly a loving dork with comic books and Dr. Doom fanboy...but holy poo poo Dr. Doom would be awesome to have compared to Trump.

Oppressive and repressive yeah, but I mean one thing of interest is the people on Latveria are legit cool with it, cause no one fucks with Doctor Doom and they have a really good standard of living. Doom would have cured the drat thing himself. Honestly his greatest enemy is probably himself.

Yeah....I’ve only had 4 hours of sleep in the last 36 hours...but my point is still valid... about a fictional on comic book character.

Doctor Victor Von Doom is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

lightpole posted:

Trump goes into hibernation and isn't making GBS threads himself hourly and now you nerds can barely function without your schadenfreude drip.

And?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

So my tastebuds got jacked up from an uncommon side effect from surgery, but COVID wrecked what little bit I had left. The additional issues from COVID (I got hit back June/July) are finally starting to taper off, but my mouth still always tastes like sweat.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I guess I'm the last to realize Brexit is still shaping up

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Since 2016, the largest growing demographic in gun sales were people who went left, along with minorities. The biggest concern for me, in all arenas is the sheer lack of knowledge and training on all sides.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

When they start acting humanely, we can humanize them.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

That's why organization/logistics needs to take priority in that situation. Cell Structure and INFOSEC/OPSEC can be hard to defeat, so long as you maintain discipline.

And that would lead to an increase in singleton operations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It'd be hysterical and 100% on Brand for Trump to roll on his kids as soon as he realizes he can get ahead slightly.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I have no problem with most religions.

But all their adherents can go gently caress themselves.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mustang posted:

Nearly every religion is trash, certainly all the large ones. The sooner they all lose adherents and die off the better.

The religions themselves are just mythology. Most of them have cool stories, and decent moral guidance. So does Frank Miller's Batman, but I don't try and make everyone live by it's bullshit.

Their followers create the problem. It's not like we have followers of the Temple of Apollo trying to waterboard out the gay.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah, Tom played the game smart. 580mil RN, vs. ??? when Facebook inevitably went public.

And it's not like 580 million dollars is anything to sneeze at.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

In my experiences with Simp on social media, it seems most often used by Incels and MRAs if you say anything positive about a woman.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Woofer posted:

Do they think fort hood and fort bliss will suddenly become part of the Texas army or something

Don't worry the Texas State Guard will become their standing army.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It's almost like killing the people from the sky just gives you more people to kill from the sky.

I would rather risk troops to do hits rather than producing the next seven generations of 'terrorists' against us.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Miloshe posted:

I'm not calling you out on this, but through personal experience, the myriad articles and investigations (most recently Aussie SAS), and myriad anecdotes I've read in GiP (Shim's puppy stealing tale for one), I'm not convinced "surgical raids on HVI's" are any different and could be far worse in terms of traumatizing whole villages. Every raid I went on "jokes" were made about establishing job security, because if we kill everyone what needs a-killin' who on Earth are we going to kill? JPEL was an aberrant failure both in theory and practice.

Lastly, those good old American troops getting wounded and killed in the conduct of our raids have led to a lot of units on those tiers going full on berserker for the remainder of there deployments and transmitting that attitude to whomever they RIPed out with. Additionally their sacrifice ostensibly in the name of our nation and constitution provides ample and factually true anecdotes to serve the chicken hawks among us in their propagandistic efforts. Entropy.

I agree to a point; but part of the issue is that for 20 years, we've used them as sledge hammers, and then everything is a nail. There is also cultural inertia- once these attitudes sink in, they only way to get them out is gently caress off the lot of them and start fresh- which we can't/won't do.

Again, not completely disagreeing with you, but our policies put those attitudes in place in those dudes. And you can see the progression in wanton violence among those units as the wars progressed.

If that all makes sense

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Miloshe posted:

Thanks for clarifying; we're in agreement. I can tell you that when MARSOC (Now known as Raiders, RIP SOF Marine) was stood up by edict of Rumsfeld my first interactions with SF were eye-opening. They were terrified inviting Force Recon carte blanch into SOCOM would further move the mission set away from UW or FID. They were supremely disappointed in the mission set they had been relegated to, and saw the writing on the wall 15 years ago. 15 years ago. We don't have to think too long about who's running the show now and what "traditions" have been created and sadly the self selective process for volunteers now, never mind the cadre running A&S.

My first tour, we did a bunch of raids with SF, and later various other SOF elements. I remember thinking how loving professional the SF dudes were on raids. We tried to emulate that as much as possible in our own raids. We lived in the city- we knew that we could be over run and killed before any supporting assets would come to the rescue of our <Company strength encampment. We also knew that everytime somebody was an rear end in a top hat in our sector, we payed for it. We worked hard at doing things the right way. The general tone of all forces changed as it went on.

Nothing good came from the wars.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

You really think Sphincter Snake gives a gently caress about anything but himself?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Former Partners of Depp reported his abuse in the past, so not sure why anyone defended him.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Midjack posted:

The thing I really want to hear from Biden is what his plan is for bringing the Mexican Pizza back to Taco Bell.

gently caress. Yes. I will fight that fight with you.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Or get hosed up enough to get medically retired- the amount I pay for my family's insurance is obscenely low.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mayor Pete is apparently the new Sec of Transportation.

As of i needed another reason to hate this incoming admin.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mayor Pete occupies the same role as Trump to me. He has no values beyond personal gain. He does nothing that does not further his career. He's a rat faced leech who is the exactly the type of toxic motherfucker who got us to where we are.
I really can't stand the gently caress, and he is the 2020 of possible roles in the incoming admin.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm sure this isn't going to go over well, but I don't even think Pete is gay. I think absolutely every single thing about him is fake for an expected reaction and effect on his goals. I think that dude is just straight sociopathic, and not a single thing about him is real.

There is something about the vibe, or his eyes, or something that trips a flare in deep in my primate brain. Like Trump was a buffoon; this dude has by all accounts built his entire life towards a goal of as much power as he can get.

In my life it seems that those who wanted/sought/needed power or control were the absolute last people who should be given the position. Anyone who doesn't look at those sort of positions with fear or respect, who doesn't understand that it should be a burden, should never be given a position of authority higher that Shift Lead Fry Cook.

Then again, am an old Grunt who got retired at E4. What the gently caress do I know.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I don't think he values other human beings as a general rule. It's less about being gay, and more about him calculating what persona and image gains him the most.

It's not a 2020 thing. It's that everything about him screams out to me that he is a tin pot wannabe just as much as Trump, but actually capable of not stepping on his own dick.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I think I poorly phrased it, and knew it would be difficult to phrase, but I'm not sure where you misunderstood.
I don't care who you gently caress. No where did I equate gay with anything. I don't think he has any sexual preference. I honestly believe that every aspect of that dude is cultivated towards his goal. That's the impression I get from him. Like it or don't.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Steve- O was sober during 3, IIRC. After Dunn died, they took a break, and until recently, Knoxville was the major hold out from coming back. (All from various Steve O interviews)

Steve O has been clean and sober for a long time, is a vegan, and owns an animal rescue.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

::hastily scribbles down data point::
I'm starting to think that there is a link between truck culture and being unable to please a partner in bed.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

MRC48B posted:

Is this a True Lies reference :negative:

Probably more of a Vietnam nod. The CIA would borrow Greek Project Guys for operations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Ok, I'm starting to like the Orange gently caress. He's just going full potato, and it's fantastic. The perfect ending to the year.

Doesn't accepting a pardon compel you to testify?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

orange juche posted:

Not exactly, but accepting one carries an implicit admission of guilt that could be used as evidence of crimes related to the thing you got pardoned for. Example: if you got brought up on federal and state charges for the same thing but got pardoned of federal charges, then it could be used as a proof that you did it. It's basically waiving your 5th amendment rights not to self-incriminate.

Thanks for clarifying.

Maybe I'm the idiot, but pardoning all your conspirators when you aren't exactly free and clear seems like a tactical error. But I don't play 4d Chess.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

That fat Orange gently caress is going to grant clemency to loving Bales, isn't he?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Just going to jump over the probability that this is sarcasm, but the cops showed up before the RV went up so it was presumably empty.

e: Cops were on scene, bomb squad was en route.

2e: I'm assuming the RV was stolen, but if they wanted to hit the AT&T building, it means they would have had to rig the thing to transfer most of the force in that direction. That would take time right?

Nope. It takes no effort or training to create a directional charge- it is literally just how you stack them. This isn't OPSEC or anything- it's in numerous wiki articles.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

ISIL had specific recruiters to go after people with higher education, and specific fields. It's not uncommon to have jihadist go after that, but it looks more like White Guy poo poo to me. The mimicking of IRA tactics makes me think Angry White gently caress.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Watching that dude get concussed with (to steal the phrase from Gas Station Encounters) a female alcoholic beverage has been the highlight of my 2020.

More than having TRADOC Twitter like my comment that all officers deserve to be bullied.

E- Almost everything I drink falls into the same category.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The first time I saw it, I swore the White Dude was a former college classmate.
I remember walking him home (after he was asked to leave the bar for asking random people to slap him)- I was trying to keep things jovial, so I had my arm around him, and we are walking, laughing, everything is going fine. Suddenly, he whips around to stand nose to chest with me.

"I'll fight you"
"Mike, I will murder you in a fight."
1 second pause
"Yeah, you would"

I was incredibly thankful he realized that the dude who is a foot taller and has 100lbs on him, and is way more sober (while still being drunk) would hurt him. Though I'm pretty sure he would have been happier to be unconscious with how angry his wife was.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Going from body language, I think dude was gonna let it go after he dropped the can, but then White Dude tried to kick the can, and that was it- White Dude forced the issue.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

I loving hate this country more and more I realize it doesn't stack up to it's own bullshit fanfiction I believed.

Same.:glomp:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I saw another post that it was to allow them close to him time to grieve privately.

Since I failed civics (ha! Like my public school taught that) what happens if those 140 raging dickheads choose not to certify or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I hope the Proud Boys and Girls make peace and go on a retreat together, then all loving die before they reach their destination.

Of course your response is a camp. Where we could concentrate them all.

Who is the real bad guy here?

/s in case anyone wasn't sure.