Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

If anyone would like to watch the film in a friendly place full of wonderful people, I'll be streaming it on Sunday :toot:

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

:spooky: Sunday Chill Stream - Friendship is Magic :spooky:
:rip: Only on the CineD Discord :rip:

Each film in this stream has been selected by our much-beloved Forums/Discord regulars, as something they love and cherish, and would like to share with everyone :3:

All times in EST and may not reflect reality

0900 Mata Hari (1931)
1045 Ms. 45 (1981)
1215 Slither (2006)
1400 Why Don't You Play in Hell? (2013)
1620 The Fountain (2006)
1805 Lady Bird (2017)
1945 Dial Code Santa Claus (1989)
2125 Amer (2009)
2305 Daniel Isn't Real (2019)
0055 It's Such a Beautiful Day (2012)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

I think the most interesting things about the film is the character arc of Thomas. He begins with a fantasy of a Rambo-style murder spree, and by the end is completely torn asunder mentally by tragedy and violence, and it's not shied away from at all despite that constant almost-whimsical tone. I really got the impression by the end of the film that Thomas was going to have a Michael Myers-style trajectory after the credits closed, and would one day return to bring terror to innocent Mall Santas everywhere.