Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

The BMW driver also hardly brakes - that thing is capable of braking way harder than he did. It hardly even dips the nose. If he hadn't been texting and had actually braked as hard as conditions would allow it would've been a non-event.

I, too, fail to understand the American obsession with diving into the shoulder while half-braking for an emergency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

It seems like they just stopped turning? rear end in a top hat pass aside, that seemed totally doable if they'd actually turned the wheel at all...

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

No that wasn't "doable".

They were hard to starboard at nearly 60 mph and under-steered into the cliff.

It was never gonna happen and that was the "safest" possible crash they could have had.

"Doable" shouldn't be a consideration on the road. If you're thinking about what's doable in your car you probably drive like a dick. I can only imagine an aggressive and impatient driver thinking like that.

As someone who started street driving in water cooled Volkswagens, I’m very familiar with the concept of understeer. I totally missed the steering wheel icon, I was looking at the lateral G indication and assumed they just stopped steering for some reason.

I also wasn’t suggesting that doable is a street driving consideration, just seemed like one further staggering display of incompetence beyond the nighttime tailgating double yellow line blind corner pass.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

MrOnBicycle posted:

My god the Cybertruck is ugly.

The good news is they’re even worse in person!

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Amazing

edit: what the hell is the CG on that thing? lmao

Typical SUV CG, which is why they’re all objectively poo poo.