Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nunsexmonkrock
:effortless:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

You see, first of all, it's pronounced "BYOB" and furthermore,

nunsexmonkrock
I am eagerly awaiting the furthermore!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

City of Glompton

here is everything you need to know

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

pecan

are u familiar with good? lol i'm just kidding of course u r, u just posted in byob!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

The byob was in you three whole time!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The ethos of BYOB is, truly, :justpost:

biosterous

step 1 be kind
step 2 post
step 3 return to step 1

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
you ever get tired of your brain? well byob is what happens when your brain loses structure and slips out your ear to go kick back a few brewskis with other brains in the brain trust. just a nice congential group of diupshits bretending to be smart people pretendbgding to be dupid

crimes

google THIS

When you stop trying to understand you'll understand

man

Twenty Four

Basically the chill forum where we are all nice to each other, mostly make jokes in funny threads, sometimes post interesting stuff in semi-effort to reasonable effort threads, and are in general pretty laid back.

There's a chat thread, a drinking thread, picture threads, story threads, goofy threads, but most of all we just have good natured fun here.

It's pretty much the best place on the internet.

Jinh

Twenty Four posted:

Basically the chill forum where we are all nice to each other, mostly make jokes in funny threads, sometimes post interesting stuff in semi-effort to reasonable effort threads, and are in general pretty laid back.

There's a chat thread, a drinking thread, picture threads, story threads, goofy threads, but most of all we just have good natured fun here.

It's pretty much the best place on the internet.

thanks so much cda <3

nunsexmonkrock

biosterous posted:

step 1 be kind
step 2 post
step 3 return to step 1

So it's like Groundhog Day?

----------------

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

nunsexmonkrock posted:

it's groundhog day, but the groundhog is obsessed with a jpg of a sexy snail

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

nunsexmonkrock posted:

more like ground and decentralize your hog day

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
breaking my dick up into 100000000 smaller dicks and making copies and distributing them at random between my peer group until all have a complete copy of My Duick

crimes

SIDS Vicious

:sidvicious:

google THIS

It's like Groundhog Day and ButtTheShitmanFart is going to post on February 3rd

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

breaking my dick up into 100000000 smaller dicks and making copies and distributing them at random between my peer group until all have a complete copy of My Duick

Redistributing my rear end to the masses as a form of mutual aid, brought to you by BYOB.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Kief Richards posted:

Redistributing my rear end to the masses as a form of mutual aid, brought to you by BYOB.

feeding the transporter's data log into the replicator in order to use the warp core to clone only the sexiest parts of me

crimes

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
the ship launches into warp, propelled by a meaty spray of my toes, elbows, and friendulum

crimes

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

feeding the transporter's data log into the replicator in order to use the warp core to clone only the sexiest parts of me

Grinding myself into a dense nutrient paste so that everyone may enjoy my posts, internally

nunsexmonkrock

google THIS posted:

It's like Groundhog Day and ButtTheShitmanFart is going to post on February 3rd

I set a reminder on my computer - if she/he doesn't I will be sad.

----------------

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Kief Richards posted:

Grinding myself into a dense nutrient paste so that everyone may enjoy my posts, internally

me, smiling at the bottom of my 3-chamber grinder, smiling at the rich bounty of crystalized Good Posts

crimes

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

me, smiling at the bottom of my 3-chamber grinder, smiling at the rich bounty of crystalized Good Posts

Quietly dissolving myself into an acid-rich protein bath to dip the new threads into for better post adhesion to the thread organism.

google THIS

Growing shrooms on my shitposts

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
using wonder twin powers on myself to become a shovel and packets of seeds in order to grow a garden of witty aphorisms and bon mots

crimes

Twenty Four

My first post was accurate and sincere, but my favorite response to "what is byob" in recent memory is:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The sweet feet, neat Pete, bouncy bungus zone. This is where all kinds of stuff happens, posts, quoting posts, editing posts, replying to posts, getting your posts replied to. There is no greater variety than this, dog, fam, homie, friend, pal, dude, etc. You've reached the peak buddy, this is the zone, the one and only zone, the greatest zone. When Kanye said don't let me into my zone, friend, this is the zone he spoke of. The forbidden realm, where within its forbidenness the only thing forbid is forbidding posters from having a good time, posting, getting posted at, quoting posts. You won't believe what you've come across. We've got backgrounds that aren't grey, we got dudes with sigs longer than a post about Bayonetta's ladyfeet in Games, we got avatars of guys freaking spinning legs, avatars with freaking hands and eyeballs and avatars with freaking snowglobes that got a little house in em. You've found the gift that is too precious for even Santa to give out. You've found the one egg so chocolatey and delicious that even the Easter Bunny won't willingly poop it on your lawn. When Jesus said this bread is my body and this wine is my blood, he left out that this zone is his soul bro, and even Jesus wouldn't give it away.

You ask what you found bro? Bro you found it, you found what the whole world craves, you found the place where you can just hang out and post also it's getting deleted tomorrow.

just lmao

Prof. Crocodile

BYOB is a very easy way to enjoy funny people on the internet, and posters may expend as much or little effort as they want in making/responding to threads. Generally there are three types of BYOB threads:
  • A premise, upon which the posters riff. Some riffs are very clean punchlines derived directly from the premise, while others are abstract references to movies, books, other threads, etc. (see 'i just tried to eat a cold burger king burger')
  • A chat thread. These move very quickly in BYOB, and posts rush by at the speed of light, so don't get offended if no one seems to notice or reply. (see 'Welcome Hello & Chat Thread [Lurkers Must Post]')
  • Interactive threads like CYOA's, joke probe threads, and secret santas. (see 'ik present: the great and terrible goblin gumball manchine')

Also:

Twenty Four posted:

My first post was accurate and sincere, but my favorite response to "what is byob" in recent memory is:

just lmao

Heather Papps

hello friend

understanding i think might be less important

what i want to know is "do you like byob?"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

more falafel please

forums poster

BYOB is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In BYOB you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Welcome, Hello, and Chat" is the BYOB motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

but unironically

i mean there's plenty of irony and satire and whatever humor but the chill/friendly poo poo is literally not ironic at all

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Goons Are Gifts

I love the op and everyone posting ITT and in every thread of this forum

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

reacquaint yourself with BYOB

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Escape From Noise

Basically just post and the being friendly and nice thing isn't some sort of meta irony or anything.

Thank you for :justpost:ing

posting smiling
the goal of byob is essentially to keep posting so much that someone writes an saclopedia entry about you (a nice one. compliementary/respectful. not another kind)

posting smiling
then you can die knowing your post archives will be in the library of congress

Goons Are Gifts

The BYOB goldmine is the library of congress basically, only a lot better in every single way

posting smiling
don't forget to file your thread with the [goldmine attempt] tag or else it may get lost in the paperwork

nunsexmonkrock

google THIS posted:

Growing shrooms on my shitposts

I had mushrooms growing next to my tree. Should i eat them?

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I had mushrooms growing next to my tree. Should i eat them?

Probably not, unless they're designated edible or fun guys.