Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

BYOB needs a rebrand. No longer can we be known as the kinder, gentler forum--we need to be known as comedy innovators. How else will we gain market share of forum posters?

I'm gonna need y'all to brainstorm some ideas. I want the whole world to know about BYOB. I want most posters than Facebook. I want to consume Amazon with our posting. This may require dioramas, jokes, art, and venture capital investment. Do you best. BYOB needs you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

vanisher posted:

three words

virtual avatar streaming

You? You get the coffee. You're a closer.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What if--hear me out--we did, say, a diorama of the SA offices entirely from memory circa 2005? No cheating, no looking at pictures.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

magic cactus posted:

for real authenticity steal a local kid's toy Mustang

You're a closer, you get coffee.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I 'member the terrible bathroom. It was bad.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Picture this: a sunset skyline, the silhouettes of two people in love exchanging rings. The rings are decoder rings and have a hammock cat on them, upon slow zoom. The BYOB logo fades slowly at the bottom of the frame, in that classic font, Comic Sans. A single tear is shed by one of the silhouettes. When it hits the ground, a man appears behind the logo and starts singing the DeBeers strings. A woman is heard screaming JUST POST. Terry Harrison makes his television debut by strolling on screen, saying "hello there! I just love nuthatches!" A large college dog swoops by on a skateboard. What is he doing? Oh shoot it's a kick-rear end rail grind along the top off the BYOB logo. Stickers fall out of the television. Everyone is so happy! Just post! Please, you must!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What if we did an ad campaign that was like a used car salesman, but for on line???? Just a guy in a cheap suit shouting YOU WON'T BELIEVE THESE INCREDIBLE POSTS! and throwing money at the camera while dogs driving funny cars zoom around the parking lot behind him before one of them crashes into a large potted ficus, which causes a neighboring building to burst into flames. The flames then set off a fireworks display that says JUST POST IN BYOB. The man is still throwing money at the camera, but now he's screaming NO COUPONS, NO DEALS, JUST POSTS. TFR superstar poster Cyrano, in his cameo, shoots the man with a paintball gun. The man explodes, comically, into confetti. The confetti is all :rznv: faces. The dogs are barking to the BYOB reggae. A hammock cat can be seen, chilling in his hammock, through the flames. A 900 number flashes on screen with CALL NOW TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN POST. The 900 number is a direct transfer to Jeffery of YOSPOS's cell phone. Ringing can be heard. A beleaguered "yes, hello?" joins the line. Dogs are barking louder, more insistently, to the BYOB reggae. Jeffrey is crying. Nut's obituary is being read aloud while everyone else laughs. "YOU WILL POST, AND YOU WILL LIKE IT," booms the voice of God from heaven. God is played by Michael Fassbender. The commercial abruptly ends when GaG closes the tv channel.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stoner Sloth posted:

apple mac's 1984 ad but instead of 'big brother' it's jeffery of yospos on screen and then excellent and completely alive forums poster nut runs in an throws a hammer which smashes the tv and frees everyone

NO COFFEE. COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

HP I need you to photoshop a juul into hammock cat's hand, we're trying to appeal to Gen Z

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Heather Papps posted:

i'm worried that there's already a new generation

Congratulations, Mr. Vice President of BYOB Design

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

We could also leverage our cross promotion with Wendy's Breakfast Menu to maximize brand awareness and customer entergagement.

I like it. We put our brand on Wendy's breakfast Frostys. We put our logo on the Breakfast Baconator. We open palm slam our huge posts right into the patties as they cook. You're a thinker. I like it. Call Dave Thomas's ghost, I'm gonna need a meeting.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

That's good. That's real good.

Call Steve Apple, I need this to be slick and raspberry scented.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

This is what we need:

Brand tie-ins.

We need Wendy's to partner with us to create a while new Trashed menu--trashed fries, trashed burg, trashed Frostys, trashed chicken. Hell, let's trash the entire breakfast menu!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We're gonna sponsor the Goodyear blimp with Wendy's and I will personally touch every burger we throw from the cockpit down to the fans at the big game

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Burgers will need to be glued together so they don't come apart while reaching terminal velocity

I'll glue them together, carefully, with lick n stick.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Okay I'm gonna need GaG to be our hype man. Billy Mays has nothing on GaG's enthusiasm for both posting and butts.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I need you to help bring a vision of BYOB and the cutting edge forum for the hottest new butts and butt-jokes. I'm prepared to offer you a handsome compensation package including the following:

-free snacks
-unlimited time off
-a pool boy named Robert (he's very nice)
-your own personal rear end-istant
-several boxes of not-TOO-expired tea bags
-a hot water kettle
-so much bread (the bun car is on site)
-dogs to pet (they're very good and only she'd constantly)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

She'd constantly...

You'd she'd constantly too if you only coul'd

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Glutes Are Great posted:

I was alerady on board when you said hot butts, so count me in on providing butt based assistance!!
Username, av and sig not yet related, unless it is

Welcome to the team. I'm gonna need you to post like you've never posted before.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Glutes Are Great posted:

Okay, let's start with butts, introduce with butts, keep going with butts, then make a really strong turnaround with butts right in the middle, get to the highest point of excitement using butts, follow-up smoothly with butts to catch the butt-based excitement before via butts and finally we transition to a solid, flexible butt-based ending that blows everyone's butt off.

butts

Synergize the butts, we must synergize the butt to butt pipeline!!!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Brb, gotta head to the employee smoke hole to break up the Dicksuckers Local 69 union attempt.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

They're are no lurkers.

They're are only posters that need motivation!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FutonForensic posted:

how about you all beat my rear end to death with rusty tire irons on a livestream? haha. i mean, i'm not into that sexually, i just thing it would wig people out. wig people into posting about it, here,

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We're gonna need to track down this comedy genius and offer them a job. I don't care what it takes.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

canyoneer posted:

the seven words you can't say in GBS!

• friendship
  • sunshine
  • lollipops
  • rainbows
  • emptyquote!
  • butts
  • gingersnaps (GBS mods HATE this one weird trick!)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I ask you: what has more edge than razors? Perhaps we should offer free razors to posters?

I feel like this would encourage shaving and we're a very beardly place. Hmm.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Let's don't do that in this thread. Or any thread. Ever.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

The Walrus Cancer posted:

The solution is simple: we add a new rule: no browsing BYOB unless you're sleep deprived, drunk, or high.

Yes I have a request, what if there's a "yes" button to answer that question on the user agreement

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

wimsy posted:

Can we just cut to the part where you throw a fit and disappear for six months because that's my favorite part

Stop. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Making a big push with corporate sponsorship of the guy that lives next to the circle k on the edge of town because he has good weed but also it's marketing baby put those stickers on those quarter bags, we need fresh posting energy