Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I wanted to vote female dwarf, but Male Troll 4 is just too goddamn handsome. I cannot resist. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Going to vote for Female Troll 4.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I think our last name comes automatically from our dad in this one? I might be mis-remembering.

Taz is a good street handle and seems like the choice of the people.

e: switching my vote for pic, see below.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Dec 9, 2020

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

I think our last name comes automatically from our dad in this one? I might be mis-remembering.

Taz is a good street handle and seems like the choice of the people.

I like portrait #2 above, just one bad mama.

nah, you're adopted

its why duncans last name is wu

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you all should read this bit about names btw, we need to get less boring

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/10/hong-kong-loves-weird-english-names/263103/

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

nah, you're adopted

its why duncans last name is wu

Right I had thought it was Wu from being adopted siblings w/ Duncan.

PMush Perfect posted:

Female troll, last portrait in this row, because that family resemblance with Duncan is uncanny.

:hmmyes:

Edit: Let's go with Ling Black , because the idea of a troll adept with a name that means "dainty" is loving hilarious.

Yeah, I'm with all of this. Ling "Taz" Black, Troll Punchwoman Extraordinaire.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

PMush Perfect posted:

Female troll, last portrait in this row, because that family resemblance with Duncan is uncanny.

Edit: Let's go with Ling Black , because the idea of a troll adept with a name that means "dainty" is loving hilarious.

Switching away from Female Dwarf to this. Female Troll, Ling Black, last portrait in this row

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Female dwarf, portrait 4.

:emptyquote:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Oh my god we’re doing it already aaaaaaa

female troll, “shin black”, second Asian portrait

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I'm properly excited for this LP, the last two were brilliant, and Hong Kong has so much content that I'm sure I missed on my first playthrough. One interesting improvement from Dragonfall that's already been shown is that they changed the models for male orcs so they arnt all hulking slabs of meat, although trolls remain appropriatly bulky.

Female Troll, Portrait 4

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Alright, I'm not going to call it yet and probably not even today since people are still showing up, but by my count Female Troll and Female Dwarf are real close to each other with the former slightly ahead while Male Troll's handsome portrait has kept it in the race too, so if you want the crew's dwarf lady to have a buddy or get some troll representation in, you can definitely make a difference still.

For the time being I've converted votes for other combinations that haven't been changed into their closest equivalents of these three, e.g. a vote for a Male Dwarf as either Male Troll or a Female Dwarf being fine. Feel free to change your vote if you'd rather see something specific.

Portrait-wise, like I said there hasn't really been an "official" vote for them but everyone's wanted the same for the Male Troll so he'd probably end up as this guy:

Female Troll has these two completely neck-and-neck, so if we end up there and neither of them (or any of the others) manages to get ahead before that I might just poll it because there's a limit to how many voting posts is reasonable to ask of people before the LP's even started. :v: But like I said, all the options are still on the table, these are just the ones currently ahead.

Hasn't been a lot of opinions on the dwarf portraits so they're still completely up in the air, I think it's about 2-1-1 right now between these three, so likewise we'll probably do a quick and dirty poll on the ones that have come up if that's where we end up and nothing happens until then.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 9, 2020

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Shin Black

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

poisonpill posted:

Shin Black

Gonna vote for this too. Female Troll Portrait #2

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Male troll is just too goddamned handsome.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Cythereal posted:

Female dwarf, portrait 4.

Can I antivote?

That's too much makeup xD

if it has to be dwarf female

is my fav

Negative_Earth
Apr 18, 2002

BeiiN AlL ii CaN B

This one if we're going Cyber-Affinity

This one if we're going pure Magic

This one if Dwarf.

Livewire42
Oct 2, 2013
Male Troll 4

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

BrotherJayne posted:

Can I antivote?

That's too much makeup xD

Nope, that'd be a bloodbath and there's going to be more than enough of those in this LP as it is. We're all gonna play nice here.

Just so that no one can claim they aren't able to make informed decisions, here are the three choices in-game (the personal features may vary of course).

Side-by-side with a male ork and a female elf:

Holding the starting Machete in combat:

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 9, 2020

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

My portrait choices.

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

Male Troll

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

poisonpill posted:

Shin Black

this with the troll portrait quoted gets my vote

good luck with the lp kanfy, the last one was really good

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

Yes this.

Female troll, last portrait in this row.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Changing my vote to male Troll adept using the popular handsome portrait:

Kanfy posted:

Portrait-wise, like I said there hasn't really been an "official" vote for them but everyone's wanted the same for the Male Troll so he'd probably end up as this guy:

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

System Metternich posted:

Changing my vote to male Troll adept using the popular handsome portrait:

Female troll!

there's already a female dwarf on the crew

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

BrotherJayne posted:

Female troll!

there's already a female dwarf on the crew

First of all, if you've already made your choice then chill and let other people make theirs in peace, and second of all, there being a female dwarf in the crew isn't a spoiler since I've said as much myself.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Kanfy posted:

First of all, if you've already made your choice then chill and let other people make theirs in peace, and second of all, there being a female dwarf in the crew isn't a spoiler since I've said as much myself.

apologies, I thought we were doing a runoff after the side-by-side post

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

There's only one possible name:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpw8ITbjfVo

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

BrotherJayne posted:

apologies, I thought we were doing a runoff after the side-by-side post

Nah, it's still the same vote, I just figured people might want to know what the choices look like in-game especially as there have been some model changes from the last one.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Throwing Anita Fang into the hat.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Hannibal Rex posted:

Throwing Anita Fang into the hat.

Agreeing with this.

I had put a vote for Troll before, but I am now adding a vote for this picture and name.

Servetus fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 9, 2020

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

OK, I like Anita Fang as a name. Changing my vote to that.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Quackles posted:

OK, I like Anita Fang as a name. Changing my vote to that.

+1, that name and avatar is dope!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
goddamn it i used to have an anita fang as a client and she was a giant fuckin rear end in a top hat

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Alright, it's about nighttime here, we'll call this sometime tomorrow and maybe actually get started working on the actual LP or something, but just so everyone knows where we currently seem to stand (and I'll double-check everything tomorrow to make sure the counts are accurate):

The leading name is Ling Black at 5 votes, followed by Shin Black at 4 votes and Anita Fang at 3 votes. Regardless they will be a Physical Adept using melee weapons and going by the street name Taz.

The leading character is currently Female Troll at 33 votes, and as for the portrait, well, both of these portraits still appear to have the exact same amount of votes (11) somehow so we'll see where that ends up. Maybe I'll just flip a coin if you can't figure this thing out.

Currently in second is Female Dwarf at 25 votes and this portrait, though the difference is still neglible (3 vs. 2 for the next)

Male Troll is third at 20 votes. It would 100% be this guy. Literally.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Let’s get this over with, then. Changing my vote from female dwarf to
female troll with the portrait above.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Now that the rough and tumble of the primaries is over...

Ling Black, everybody!

(if only because giving a troll the surname Fang feels a bit on the nose)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Sure, I'll swap to this one. I like the other one more, but not enough to help drag the vote out. As much as Kanfy deserves a break, I'd prefer this not be how we give it to them.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Swapping my vote to this portrait, along with Ling Black as the name.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Sure, I'll swap to this one. I like the other one more, but not enough to help drag the vote out. As much as Kanfy deserves a break, I'd prefer this not be how we give it to them.

Please choose whatever you personally want to choose, I already said many hours ago that we wouldn't call it today regardless and I see no real reason to do any further polls either. This isn't extending things in any way, we'll just pick whatever is #1 tomorrow and if there's a tie somewhere, we'll let fate decide between 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

Fighting Trousers posted:

Now that the rough and tumble of the primaries is over...

Adding my vote for female Troll.