Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Ground floor! :woop:
Here's to the next 3+ years. :getin:

That said,

KataraniSword posted:

Let's go with a female Dwarf adept, of any given real name you wish, but with a street name of Taz, because things are about to get Looney Tunes in here.

punch every single goddamn thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Female dwarf, portrait 4.

:emptyquote:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Let’s get this over with, then. Changing my vote from female dwarf to
female troll with the portrait above.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

Is there like a big old post or website I can read for funny examples of the IJN and IJA loving with each other?

I think there were one or more effortposts about this in one of the old military history threads, but I don't know which one and they're all enormous.

My favorite IJN/IJA fact is probably that the rivalry went so far that the IJA had their own ships and the IJN had their own infantry units. :allears:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

System Metternich posted:

I mean, the US Army operates ~500 ships and several hundred planes, until I think the end of the Cold War the US Navy required every ship to maintain a "permanently organized naval landing party" aka infantry and they still have hundreds of aircraft, the "US Air Force Security Forces" number like 40,000 soldiers and there are still a small number of ships operated by the USAF, and I'm sure the Marines and Coast Guard also have tons of stuff you wouldn't immediately associate with them

Yes, but AFAIK the reason the USAF Security Forces exist isn’t because some army generals told the AF chiefs of staff to gently caress off and die when asked for support.

The IJA/IJN thing would be more like the US Navy suddenly refusing to let their ships be used to ferry the troops on D-Day, so the Army has to build the USS General Patton themselves if they want to get across the channel.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

HereticMIND posted:

This isn’t a War in the Pacific thread.

Go home, admiral Halsey, you’re drunk.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Kanfy posted:

Speaking of Hong Kong, Mel Odom wrote a 452-page novel version of this game with the dialogue taken directly from it and everything.

How do the fight scenes read?

"Hostile Corp Agent #2 was standing right in front of me, but I didn't have enough AP was too disoriented to do something about it. Fortunately, as I froze in mid-step, the next member of my team overcame their sudden paralysis."

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

tbh this would be a far more interesting party member than the Racter we get in the game

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Cool, they made Elon Musk Big Yud an insufferable Silicon Valley techbro into a playable companion!

Is there a way to have Gaichu eat him? I'm willing to write the mod myself if there isn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

I keep a medieval Greek monk chained to a lectern beside my desk to hand-print all my important work documents.