Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'm going to abstain from voting but I'll cheerfully thank the devs for making the physical adapt a much more fun choice this time around. If you're playing along at home you may want to try a ridiculous troll adapt build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Kanfy posted:

our lucky winner receiving a fully paid-for trip to Hong Kong will be the female troll Physical Adept, Shin "Taz" Black from Seattle! Congratulations!*

*Ticket is one way only, expenses are not included, enjoyable vacation not guaranteed, make your own accommodations, watch out for hostile groups including but not limited to: megacorps, gangsters, awakened beasts, non awakened beasts, tourists.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

They are all competent and interesting characters but I personally find the Dragonfall crew more appealing as a group.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:mad:"You betrayed me for the last time! "
:weiner:-"How could I have known your teammates are so hot? "

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I lost my grandma recently and it was not unexpected but hard, if I suddenly lost both my best(only) friend and companion *and* my entire identity I think that I'd be an inconsolable sobbing wreck.
Duncan is taking this in stride, and it's not really spoiler to say that he is ready for action on the next (first mission)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I imagine that every once in a while some well off failson tries to get in for the action, probably leaving the 6th world within the first hour or so.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

paragon1 posted:

You stay because it's the only job open to you where you can get 3 months wages for an afternoon of of effort.

And that's just for beginners, highly skilled veterans can live like rockstars for long periods of time.
which probably serves to encourage a circle of danger seeking lifestyle. kinda like Caribbean privateers going all pirate all the time.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

"Well gently caress you!" I shouted as I threw the flashbang in his direction. It went wide, but distracted the corp agent sufficiently that he failed to notice the salamander escaping its cage.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Fortunately we are useful dirt, and as long as that's true we have nothing to worry about.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That's true. put Is0bel in, show everyone the matrix.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Kobal2 posted:

Oh yes. As hellholes go, it was probably one of the most hell-like on Earth. Look it up some time, you're in for a wild ride.

I can't blame Is0bel not being real hot on going back there. Hell I wouldn't blame her if she got into a back-and-forth rocking fugue state at the mere idea.

Nonsense, going home is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amR6-neQBPE

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

One of the great promises of any Shadowrun game: meet interesting people, get betrayed, go on a killing spree in nondeterminate order.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It also establishes that anyone double-crossing the triad and not properly covering up will come to envy the pitiful old man who got roughed up.

Ain't nobody loving with the Yellow Lotus Triad, nor more to the point dear old Aunty.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cythereal posted:

So my guess for what's going on is this:

Sounds like a recipe for a good time!

I can't of course comment on the accuracy of your guesswork but I think you'll enjoy the twists and turns the plot has for us.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I have no trouble believing that, FASA dropped the ball almost every step of the way.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

House additions, really? did hookers and blow just got declared over and done with after the 80s?

Yes I am griftshaming.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Have this comprehensive review archived from these very forums: https://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/hyphz/shadowrun-sixth-world/

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Just to reiterate: no edition is actually good, if you wish to play just grab your favourite RPG and modify it.
It's a lot easier than trying to fix Shadowrun's ruleset.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

BTW: that review came from this thread: Your one stop for arguing the minutiae of bad RPG design.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Hopefully when they go bankrupt from all this mismanagement the license would go to someone qualified. For a change.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

As you may remember from from Eiger's mission and Glory's on the last game destructive cults are a definite thing in the sixth world.
That said, unlike Lovecraft you don't find them under hiding every rock and behind every evil scheme. Kind of a rare thing, a lone toxic shaman is a much more common problem.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

True.
I was remarking on the rarity of such cults, not the destructive power.
Aztech is arguably the biggest destructive cult to ever rise on the planet.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

kinda strains the metaplot believability that people are still unaware of blood magic.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

You don't need an excuse to hate on the Megacorps but Aztech is practically writes phonebooks full of reasons to start fighting.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

There's probably also some neo-Aztecs (Aztec revivalists?) Who would very much like to destroy the central authority that brutally runs everything and has no tolerance for any differing opinions about how the religion could move ahead.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Hey now being a troll has nothing to do with your upbringing or your DNA, it's all about finding who done you wrong and performing some sickass dental surgery with your fists.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Let's Play Shadowrun: Hong Kong- Welcome to the shadows, Dickhead.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I bet that even in the sixth world lovely Asian instant food is still kinda good.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Maybe not from their totem but the lifestyle definitely gets them a cast iron stomach.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Must be pretty rare, considering that the metatype lineages are partly genetic IE: an ork union usually begets orks and the occasional mainline human.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Lifespan measured in the hundreds and emotional intelligence measured in two low digits.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Ibblebibble posted:

Sounds dope, as a Malaysian I'm used to us being forgotten about in sci-fi/fantasy stuff set in Asia which is almost always Japan-centered.

Actually since the Malay identity and culture changed so much in the last 600 years I think someone should really use it for inspiration for some epic RPG, most fantasy games deal with cultures that stayed roughly the same for millennia so there's new ground to cover here.

:shepspends:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I never met a bigot brave enough to make a thing out of a magical assassin monk's gender identity.
But if there were some I'm sure the bodies will never be found.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

There are definitely some interesting people you meet and have a chat with and then never see again.
Quite a bit more realistic than you'd expect in a crpg.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

KataraniSword posted:

The one difference, I feel, is that slotting a skillsoft probably doesn't give you the turboshits.

BRB Starting a Butthole Surfers/G.G.Allin mashup band.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:v: and it smells even worse!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The sixth world has a tremendous disparity between the rich and poor and also advanced technology and magic so I'd assume that the sheer scale of different drugs manufactured for different niches would fill an encyclopedia.

If I were to GM SR I'd just rule that if you can define a need then someone is making drugs for your taste. Maybe make some rules about the quality vs. cost.

I.E. Premium uppers probably don't crash you as hard and won't destroy your heart.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I had to look that up and

quote:

+3 Body, +3 Agility, +4 Strength, +1 Willpower, +5 Initiative, +High Pain Tolerance 3, Berserk
if you go Berserk, make an Edge (1) Test, failure causes permanent Berserk.
So yeah, definitely only use when your death is almost assured.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

GhostStalker posted:

There’s an equipment package in 5th Edition’s Run Faster sourcebook (it’s the base rules supplement) called the Instant Army PACK that has injectors of K-10 and cheap assault rifles, for when you just want to round up some gangers, give them guns, shoot them up with combat drugs, and then send them at their enemies.

If nothing else the bundling of assault weapons and possibly mind loving combat drugs sums up the mood of most of the sixth world.

:scolbert::chaostrump::jihad:Cheer up everybody, we're not there yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Does a berserker still have the wherewithal to use chi powers? I just imagined it as supercharged Leeroy Jankins.