Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kanfy posted:

So thread, it's once again up to you to decide what kind of poor bastard will have to deal with whatever kind of mess awaits them this time around. If more than one favorite emerges then we'll give it another go with the most popular choices. Choose:

1. Our sex: Male or Female
2. Our race: Human, Elf, Dwarf, Ork or Troll
3. Our archetype: Street Samurai, Mage, Decker, Shaman, Rigger or Physical Adept. You can specify a weapon preference if you like.
4. Our first name, last name AND street name: 2-14 characters. Not mandatory for voting on the character if you can't bother coming up with anything. As always feel free to be creative, though do also remember that we will have to look at these names for the length of an entire RPG.

We'll give it some good amount of time. No rush.

Much like Dragonfall was an amazing showcase for the mage, and Returns was a good romping ground for a Decker/Rigger, I feel like Hong Kong is the home turf of the Physical Adept. Whether or not you dip into other archetypes is up to you, of course.

Let's go with a female Dwarf adept, of any given real name you wish, but with a street name of Taz, because things are about to get Looney Tunes in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Soylent Pudding posted:

The street name also works if she's actually an Aussie immigrant to HK. On that note, if it's not gonna spoil the game, what are things like in 6th world Australia and the rest of Southeast Asia?

There's some dealings between Seattle and Sydney (which is basically the Mana Storm Capital Of The World now) and a fair number of Southeast Asian refugees that get assimilated into the country (Australia has somehow gone completely non-racial nationalist, not caring about species or origin as long as you just throw away your culture and become Another Aussie like everyone else) but it's, well.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the wildlife is even more australian.

To clarify this, the exact phrase I recall is "wombats the size of cars, kangaroos that can break the sound barrier, spiders big enough to have health bars that live in colonies of hundreds and drain your soul".

Oh, and Tasmania is absolutely alive and hates your guts.

I mean that literally, the island's ecosystem achieved sentience and is violently reacting against any and all metahuman encroachment. Hobart literally got consumed by The Wild ages ago.

During the time that Hong Kong takes place, 6th World AUS is prepping for a hell drought of... probably normal proportions, for Australia. Either way, in a year or two things are going to go full Mad Max and water is going to become a heavy black market commodity.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 8, 2020

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Gun Jam posted:

Buildwise, as long we melee (or whip!), we cool. (How viable is a gun adept?)

Not. Adepts in the Returns games are wuxia heroes, not John Woo heroes. Punching and swords are the name of the game. An adept with a gun is just a shaman without a totem or the ability to help allies, really.

In tabletop, there's absolutely John Woo options, though.

habeasdorkus posted:

Enough with this Dwarf stuff, consider how hard you can punch things as both a Troll (15 possible Str!) and an Awakened Chi magician. Could sink a battlecruiser with your fists.

Seriously, strongly consider it over the dwarf version which will still be fun but not quite as intimidating.

11 Willpower and 12 Strength versus 9 Willpower and 15 Strength means that it's mostly defense (avoiding hits, reducing damage) vs offense (soaking hits and making big numbers pop up) in a max-stats game. The 11 Body Max vs 17 Body Max is far more notable, considering you're going to be wading into the middle of combat a lot.

None of that actually matters unless you're practically drowning in Karma though, this game starts you at roughly the same baseline as the other two games.

That said, if there's enough support for a Troll over a Dwarf, I certainly don't care enough to rock the boat. :shrug:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AceOfFlames posted:

Last in this row if Female Dwarf.

I think these are all troll portraits and I can't remember if you can mix and match with the metaraces.

Anyway, I like #4 on this row enough that I'm willing to fully swing my vote to Female Troll over my previous offer of female dwarf. Give me that edgy trash goblin energy.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Dec 9, 2020

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Gun Jam posted:

E:apropos of nothing - anyone played both unarmed adept and a melee one, can make a comparison?

Unarmed adept is all about making sure that your buffs are up at ALL times. I mean, so is melee, but swords remove some of the stress of having to focus on things like Killing Hands staying active/relevant. They both do comparable amounts of murder, but the unarmed is much more focused on making sure all your chi skills are as high-grade as possible (like a mage with spells would be) whereas melee just far more cares about having the sharpest sword.

Attack-wise, unarmed is a little closer to Glory in the last game, mostly focused on flushing cover, AP damage, and a lot of quick, small attacks, whereas melee focuses on bigger blows, critical hits and things like bleed damage.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kanfy posted:

Out of curiosity, do you (or someone else) happen to know what in concrete terms is the Close Combat Defense Bonus ("defense bonus to non-magical ranged attacks made at close range") you get from having enough Close Combat skill? Glory had it and everyone always seems to agree that it's good, but I never paid enough attention to figure out what form the "defense bonus" takes or if "close range" means right next to the shooter or just within x tiles of them. My assumption is that it's an evasion bonus against shots from enemies next to you, but I've never confirmed it.

When SRR mentions "Defense", they always mean evasion (damage reduction comes in the form of Armor bonuses), but I'm not sure what "close range" entails in this case. I would assume it's two or three squares away, but likewise, I have no confirmation on the exact mechanics or numbers.

EDIT: Thumbing through tabletop sourcebooks, it seems that (at least in 5th edition), Close Quarters Defense is an extra die to your defense rolls against ranged attacks when you're in close combat, which means it doesn't matter how far away your attacker is, just that you're in hand-to-hand with somebody, not necessarily the attacker. A skilled melee fighter has to know how to use his opponents as meat shields, after all. I don't know how closely that got adapted to SRR, though.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 10, 2020

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kanfy posted:

As a lil' trick from ol' Kanfy for any other aspiring Adepts having trouble getting started, picking the custom archetype with at least 2 Conjuring gives you the Haste I spell which is very easy to put to good use while you're stuck cowering behind crates.

In general this LP is definitely not going to be a guide to min-maxing Adepts using every trick in the book, but there's definitely some good replayability there if you're trying to find the most nonsense things different archetypes can achieve.

Adepts in general benefit a lot from splashing the first couple of points into shamanism; not only do Haste and Heal Wound 1 help a lot in being useful before the kit catches up with other archetypes (haste naturally continuing to be useful throughout the game, at that) but a couple of points into Spirit Summoning gives you an animal totem, of which a decent amount are always-on passive helpful stat bonuses.

You don’t really need to touch Charisma after that for combat bonuses, though, only for being more of a charming, etiquette-filled bastard.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

raverrn posted:

Will we be seeing any of the director's commentary stuff?

I assume not until the end of the game if at all; there’s some pretty heavy spoilers throughout it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Servetus posted:

Specifically from Shadowrun 5th edition "Run Faster"

How much of this applies to Shin is open to question given that she and Duncan grew up in Raymond's household and her background with Duncan before that is not typical.

Oh, I'm sure that horn-carving and tattoos had their place in the lives of any young troll.

Poil posted:

Especially if you stand on a spot with two bounces. And your party is clustered together. And you used a high damage high -ap spell. That was a short fight and a quick reload.

Yeah, spell bouncing not discriminating between friend and foe, and just going from one target to another nearby target without any sort of consistent logic, is why it's just better to not cast some spells on dragon lines unless you know drat well you're out of the line of fire.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CheeseThief posted:

I hope you go down the non-lethal route with Duncan. When I played this last year I dedicated him to assault rifles and never touched anything else, so I'm curious if it can hold it's weight.

Subdue looks pretty rad, a shame I never used it.

Subdue’s biggest problem is a three-turn cooldown; if you can use it on more than two or three enemies in a huge fight, things have already gone hilariously pear-shaped, and I assume that’s even more the case in Kanfy’s modded game.

It’s also melee range on someone who prefers to hang back with rifles.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MagusofStars posted:

Apparently in a very unsuccessful manner, but this is what we tried to do.

There’s something to be said about throwing yourself in the line of fire so a friend can get out safely.

Since we’re an Academic, I can’t see us throwing poo poo away for revenge or opportunity, but I absolutely can see putting it all on the line for someone else, like a true martyr of myth.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

RabidWeasel posted:

Duncan's problem is that he's not only the most "normal" character in terms of the writing but he's also gameplay-boring, being "guy with rifle". All the other characters are far more interesting, even the token decker gets some cool guns to make up for deckers normally being boring / something of a liability in regular combat.

Weirdly enough, I don't think anyone had that take on Eiger in the Dragonfall LP, which is weird since she's "troll with rifle". If anything, Dietrich and Glory got more of the "ehn" vote, with Blitz being the combat dead-weight that you'd expect a Mandatory Decker to be.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Stroth posted:

4: If the client didn’t want you to kill thirty six people and blow up the building as part of one of those exit plans then they should have specified that in your contract.

4.5: If the client did specify that, then you waive your right to get sassy when they are very understandably upset at the thirty six people you killed.
4.5.5: Regardless, you should expect to have to kill thirty six people (at least) even if your Johnson wanted you to go as quiet as possible. Don't go anywhere completely unarmed.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Space Kablooey posted:

This will probably change as the game goes on, but my first impression of Duncan is that he complains a bit too much for someone that used to live in the streets. Having said that, I never got my support structure demolished like that, and now to survive he will have to be on the other side of the KE stick, so to speak, so it's understandable he is freaking the heck out.

It’s not just losing his support structure, but the fact that for Duncan, being a Barrens kid was the equivalent of hell incarnate, and he felt like he had finally gotten out of it.

Yes, he used to live on the streets, but he was so desperate to get away from them, so enamored with the idea that a corporate wage slave or rent-a-cop was “the good life”, that it feels like any return to former ways is like the relapsing of an addiction.

So, like. Yeah he bitches a lot but it’s entirely understandable especially considering this is all like, an hour fresh.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

tarbrush posted:

I always assumed you stayed to build an increasingly elaborate web of contacts and favours to protect you from the increasingly elaborate web of enemies and warrants you created by running.

No, that's how you become a Fixer.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Broken Box posted:

Which corp owns Tokyo Bay Fortress?

Red Lobster. It has been rebranded as the Cheddar Bay Fortress.

Shitposts aside, chances are if it's related to Tokyo Bay, it is 900% Renraku-owned since their headquarters are literally right there in Chiba.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

thats just bau1, theres 5 other tones and like 12 other meanings

its like meeting a dude named Do and saying that hes named after poo. Yeah you can say doodoo

People refer to Scooby Doo with poo poo jokes all the time. :confused:

Servetus posted:

Gobbet. Is0bel has made her feelings clear and let's play nice.

This. Shin grew up in the Redmond Barrens but that doesn't mean she would want to play tour guide if the shoe was on the other foot.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kobal2 posted:

So that was the Walled City in our reality.
Now imagine it in Shadowrun's world, where things like toxic city spirits exist and raw human misery or pollution manifest a physical shape once in a while to savage a motherfucker ; there's a zombie plague going around ; sewer rats might start belching magic acid ; people who can affort to eat Oops All Industrial Waste Nutripaste(tm) are considered swanky ; and drug addicts are actually in self-contained VRs that may or may not be beaming the psyche of a serial rapist in his death throes on the electric chair or something fun like that straight into their prefrontal cortex.

Yeah. There is nothing lovely in our world that the Awakening can't make shittier. That's really all you need to know going in. At its best it was the slum to end all slums, and its best was in the 1960s, about a century ago and well before magic re-emerged.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Lone Badger posted:

But she ran the odds and decided a wager was in her favour.

Aside from being regionally appropriate, recent streamers have taught me that mahjong is incredibly appropriate for someone like Kindly Cheng to play, because you do NOT get good at it by making unfavorable gambles. poo poo’s like the surreal love child of chess and poker.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

kaosdrachen posted:

That's just it

They do override their host, subsume their spirit and memories, and the person who's talking to you is actually an insect spirit wearing your friend's shape and memories like a meat suit in order to make the idea of getting your spirit eaten by an Insect Spirit sound more palatable.

Basically exactly what happened to Monika with APEX, in other words.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh, I think Auntie believes the ghost did it. I also think she's smart enough to see who sent the ghost in Bao's direction.

One doesn't become a fixer - or a triad hotshot, for that matter - without knowing just what any cutrate shaman is capable of.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

For stuff like we saw in Dragonfall sure. But for a big public spectacle like those in Aztlan? You want some notorious murderer or corrupt official or anyone else who'll get the crowd cheering as a Sun Priest rips their still-beating heart out of their chest.

Including whatever Aztechnology middle management people want to blame for accusations of blood magic. It’s just corporate restructuring, you understand.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Stroth posted:

Wasn't that a season of JJBA already?

One of our teammates last game did reject their humanity, but it was with metal arms, not a stone mask.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kobal2 posted:

I don't know about Racter - his characterization and all that is stellar, but dammit, you can't hype up your murderdrone so much and be so underwhelming in actual combat, dude. Read the murderroom.

He's Koschei the Deathless, not Koschei the Eviscerator. The most important thing is that our friendly neighborhood spider-mech makes a fantastic bullet sponge and can still competently contribute to a fight.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Unpatched Hong Kong's bugs aren't so much in "this skill is bugged and literally does not do anything" (like Kanfy says, Dragonfall and Hong Kong are pretty much even stevens on that, and a lot of it comes down to how the game handles NPCs and their level-ups) and much more in "this skill check is actually higher than it numerically suggests" or "the combat and inventory is bugged in such a way that reality breaks".

It's not "reliable" in the sense that you'll always see it in a casual playthrough (unlike, say, some of Fallout 2's unpatched bugs) but some of them happen often enough that you can suddenly end up breaking the game without knowing what exactly you did to trigger it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

bewilderment posted:

The interesting thing about Racter, relative to the other party members, is that his intelligence is a character trait that's useful to solving problems.

Like, in the same way that Gobbet can offer her opinion as a shaman in terms of analysing magical phenomena, Racter can sometimes offer his opinion as someone skilled in most of the hard sciences.

So if you're trying to cover your bases on a mission and you really want to take Gobbet and Is0bel for magic and decking, Racter makes a decent heavy hitter. Koschei tends to not quite be as useful as Duncan, but Duncan tends to not be as useful in conversation.

Koschei is still fun to use though and I enjoyed using it.

Yeah, each character in this covers some skill checks in dialogues that the player might not have statted out - Is0bel is obviously a decker and does decking things, Gobbet is a shaman and can both sense spirits and do a little astral perception, Duncan is your Eiger option that knows Security and being swole and... not much else. As for Racter, I'm sure we'll get into his specialties when he joins us on a run.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Stroth posted:

Hong Kong is undisputedly Lung's turf. But he's also the head of the Yellow Lotus's biggest competitor. He's not hiding out on their doorstep pretending to be a nobody. Dragons have more pride than that.

Also much more prominent astral signatures. You might be able to convince someone you're not a dragon easily, but "a nobody" is a lie that no mage better than Zak Flash would buy.

(See also: our absent friend Algernon, who isn't a dragon but also nobody actually knows what he is nor will he say)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

citybeatnik posted:

What have they done lately anyway? Other than Battletech i mean.

The most recent things they did were Battletech and Necropolis; they've been radio silent since wrapping up their roadmap for Battletech, though they've been constantly advertising for jobs so they're not dead yet.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Maybe a typo, maybe a joke, but funny either way.

You don't achieve immortality by having morals.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

paragon1 posted:

so that's where hospitals get all their money

On top of bootlegging organs, yes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Is0bel will get her time to shine.... later. Not so much right now. For someone who wants to get away from her past we keep having the option to drag her into it, don't we? Let's let her just stay at home on the Matrix.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I dont know posted:

I also played it at release and got the disappearing items bug. From what I remember, any items, including spells and guns, you gave to companions at the start of a mission they would have for the entire mission. However, when the mission ended their whole inventory reverted back to default, and anything you loaned them was gone forever. I lost a unique gun by giving it to Duncan, that way.

The bug persisted at least to when they released the FLC postgame missions. Maybe it got patched sometime after that?

This bug is also the flipside of another equally common bug of items appearing where they're not supposed to.

Let me tell you: you're not supposed to be able to use Matrix programs outside of the Matrix on account for the math being entirely different. It kind of shatters the game difficulty when you can do 75 IP HP damage a turn, basically for free.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

I never understood this question. I mean, trying to skin a person and then kill them just seems much more difficult. No one wants to have their skin ripped off, and I can assume that they would have fought back against said skinner if they tried the skinning portion first. Really, whoever did this was just being practical.

As for why someone would want their skin in the first place...that's a more pertinent question.

Yeah, I think it's just weird phrasing. The question isn't "why would someone kill AND skin them" so much as "if they wanted to skin them, was the murder anything other than practicality?".

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

One non-spoilery thing the dev commentary tracks point out that I didn't notice until I heard them: Strangler Bao wears board shorts.

Big, beefy, chromed-up enforcer of a triad and he looks like an extra in a surfer trid.

(To answer directly: yeah I've played the game but I'm trying to avoid spoilers at all costs.)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 26, 2021

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Magni posted:

BTL chips are functionally an electronic drug. You can basically treat this as the victim running his own little drug lab, and his stack of finished product got lifted alongside the cash.

In particular, the HBS games seem to equate an addiction to Better Than Life simsense/BTLs to something like meth, both in the longstanding health effects and the unpredictable nature of the addicts. Remember Simmy in Dragonfall, or the cafe we liberated Coyote's brother from in Dead Man's Switch? Yeah.

I assume a rig cooking up BTLs would be a lot less likely to explode than a meth lab, though.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

GhostStalker posted:

Also, HK is known for a variety of cheap, mass produced BTLs colloquially known as Kong Chips. There are also CalHots, which are BTLs tuned up to incredibly powerful stimuli, produced in CalFree.

CalHots are technically less dangerous than BTLs - they're incredibly loosely regulated due to being made in CalFree, as opposed to being completely unregulated due to being unarguable contraband.

It's the difference between buying something in a state where it's legal and then smuggling it to an illegal location versus buying something illegal in that illegal location where they can't get in trouble even if they mix the actual "drug" with all sorts of nasty, health-adverse filler that isn't technically in that drug.

calhots are in universe a regulatory arbitrage: california free state allows stronger simsense legally than other places, so buy em legal and smuggle them whereever. theyre not stronger than the illicit stuff

sr is the kinda ttrpg settin w regulatory arbitrages in it lol

e;fb, but basically this.

Kong Chips are absolutely the lovely, super-illegal stuff that is more "dangerous additive" than "actually what you're paying for", though.

The Lone Badger posted:

Once you've tried BTLs a few times, actual-reality starts feeling like a lovely low-res trid show. It just doesn't seem real anymore, like life is the dream and only in BTL are you awake.

Many deckers, incidentally, use hotsim to give them an edge. It works! You see more clearly, react faster. The downside is that decking becomes highly addivtive.

And yeah, while normal simsense chips and skillsofts can help you do things better than normal, CalHot versions of the same (or BTL-styled versions of the same, if you're really crazy) can help you do things technically outside of metahuman limits, in the same sense that amphetamines will dampen down the mental restraints that humans in real life have that keep them from burning themselves out/injuring themselves.

I guess in that way, the meth comparisons are really apt.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Workers, yes, but I can easily see managers and executives slotting illegal stat-boosting chips for that extra performance edge.

That already happens in real life, aka the less fun corporate-owned dystopia.

How many project leaders do you know that slam back three or four Five Hour Energys, Four Lokos, whatever just to cram that extra bit of progress into their crunch?

The one difference, I feel, is that slotting a skillsoft probably doesn't give you the turboshits.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, I feel like that's one thing lost in the shuffle of this discussion: simsense chips - which BTLs are explicitly a form of - don't provide you anything except an experience. They don't improve skills or anything, they're like movies for your brain.

BTLs are movies for your brain that are so "good"/potent that your brain looks at real life and goes "ew this is so bland".

While you can get skillsofts (brain tutorials, the stuff that makes Neo know Kung Fu) with normal limiters removed, those aren't the same thing with regards to how they gently caress you up.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Negative_Earth posted:

the one guy who was living his best Fantasy Sim Rerun life.

Hey now I'm gonna have to stop you there, King Philip was just an addict to watching the only trideo he could find on his company's defunct intranet.

(Trideos, or Trids as the case may be, are completely external and are basically just real life TV but with added holograms to make it more 3D.)

He's literally someone who ended up trapped in a building alone with nothing more than long pork to eat and nothing more than Naruto to watch for years on end; don't liken him to a BTL junkie because he thinks he's the next hokage. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

The Lone Badger posted:

Sounds like the sort of thing that would result in the player character finding a series of journal entries scattered around your home / basement lab.

Incidentally, it is also the sort of thing that would result in three keys and a towers of hanoi puzzle just to get in your bathroom.

What I'm saying is that for all its faults, the Umbrella Corporation wasn't nearly as effective in Shadowrun.