Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Female troll, portrait 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

There's only one possible name:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpw8ITbjfVo

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

True. But this is also the game you can really break wide open the easiest.

Hell, even the options that don't "break" the balance feel great in terms of fun \ dickishness towards enemies.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

RIP Gutshot. Died doing what he (presumably) loved

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

and the other one whose name i cant remember and im not gonna bother remembering
Paco?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

IS.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Keldulas posted:

The problem with that is that it's really guesswork as to whether leaving the Decker behind is the case. And given that money is problematic, it's a risk with real consequence.
Like I said before, a fan mod was literally the one Shadowrun thing that was kind enough to go "yeah, you probably won't need a decker for this graveyard haunt".

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

It's CGL now. And 'dropping the ball' is a massive understatement for what CGL's been up to the last few editions.

Possibly 'set the ball on fire then spiked it into a wood-chipper' ?
On the one hand, I dread the torrent of opinions that is likely to erupt. On the other hand, you kinda have to explain.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Whybird posted:

I think I posted this in an earlier thread but I still chuckle every time I think of the time I decided that my PC had picked up an unflattering nickname from his previous running career and not been able to shake it free, and then this happened:

One day some goon working on an AA rpg will heed my words and do a brief rewrite to dethrone BG2 as the champion of references to the PC's name. Until then, Hemorrhoids the Bhaalspawn reigns supreme.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Very handy for a player decker, in Is0bel's case there is the minor catch that one of her two Lvl 4 crew abilities gives her a version that's twice as good and won't stack with it.
Huh. Really twice as good? Should I update the "before I play" wiki?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Kanfy posted:

E2: I adjusted the BIP wiki page a bit myself, there was a tip claiming items given to companions disappear in this game which is not true unless there are some specific circumstances for it happening that I don't know about.
Wrote that based on personal experience. Very consistent.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

they patched it in the bugfix patchmod that kanfys rollin with, i thought?
Wouldn't know. I last played this in 2016.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

With further info, BTLs seem a lot like Slug.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Quackles posted:

I admit I'm a fan of the SecureTech Armored Clothing. That trench coat looks gooooood.
:same: :same:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

both the cyberpunk authors sr cribbed from and the russians cribbed from larry niven, who in turn cribbed from robert heaths unethical experiments with a brain implant a gay dude and a hooker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Galbraith_Heath
I suppose Niven (whose first published work was in 1964) might have conceivably shared some early drafts with (at the time) only moderately well known Russian sci-fi authors.

But FCP (link to English translation on authors website) explicitly calls out its inspiration in text:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_stimulation_reward

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Kanfy posted:

But the tidiest of veneers often hide the dirties of secrets,
Wow, I don't remember pretty much any of this. I mean, it's the start of the game, but still. Feels like the missions here are just not as memorable as Dragonfall.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Kobal2 posted:

Pointless factoid :
Well, "factoid" is correct.

"Galina" is a Russian name (hailing from Greek, like a lot of old-fashioned Russian names).

"Gallina" is Spanish for chicken. Gallina Blanca has a fairly major market share in Russia (or at least a lot of annoying commercials).

I can imagine someone named Galina being teased (though only in a 21st century that went the way of our reality), but that doesn't have anything to do with what the name means in Russian.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

MadDogMike posted:

Woof, armor piercing discarding sabot (APDS) rounds are ridiculously hard to source, and expensive as hell (something like 7 nuyen a round before any black market markup, last I remember from the rulebooks), those cops had to be insanely well geared up if they were using those. HKPD is probably VERY irked they lost all that stuff (I suspect the dead officers have to be from a rather elite SWAT unit equivalent to boot if they had any sort of access to that stuff, unless the police have some sort of monster hunter unit instead). Might help explain why they didn't come back, that's a pretty significant sunk cost already for any corporation to swallow.
I wonder whether Gaichu is going to be capable of taking down a full SWAT team on his own now that he's a playable character. Stay tuned for an utterly shocking conclusion.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

wiegieman posted:

Later in its life, in the real world, the Bradley performed well against contemporary opponents. What more do you want out of a piece of equipment?
Yeah, and the M-16 is a perfectly fine weapon, if you're picking it up in the 21st century.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I actually used a few backer runners (due to reasons yet to be revealed) and was quite disappointed they didn't seem to have any mission dialog. Why not go that extra step, as long as you're tempting the player to use them?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

By popular demand posted:

There has to be a niche for weird masochistic BTL chips, possibly those are less addictive than the common stuff.
also on lower than true BTL level there has to be pain intensifiers/diminishers for every kink level.
For some reason, youtube apparently doesn't have the opening to Strange Days (1995). Pretend I linked it here (and go watch that movie if you haven't already)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Well, at least you don't need the mummy for a certain achievement.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Man, take your time. Real life takes precedence (he said, hopefully about to ditch work to finish some extras for an LP of a game everyone involved hates)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

Yeah, Racter is IMO the most interesting party member because of how he views the world. I do find it funny that he says "well, of course eugenics are monstrous" as if he accepts that's an argument he won't win... and then turns right into "but what if we could do techno-eugenics?"

e: also, always happy to see an update in this thread!
At the risk of whirling off into the ether, as genetic manipulation becomes commonplace we'll have to rethink what eugenics mean (is it no longer eugenics if we're designing children by individual parental choice rather than a higher mandate?) and how to treat them.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

We never take Duncan anywhere, Rachter is our most charming party member, and it's no kind of fancy party without the Killuminati running it.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Kobal2 posted:

But noooo they had to make some random, no-name, piece of poo poo game like Battletech, a game so awful I barely played *checks notes* 195 hours of it.

Is that game good, btw? Seems like every LP of it on SA avoids the campaign like a plague, which seems like a warning sign.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

"Is it any good?" I ask the person who has played it for nearly 200 hours. "The multiple LPS of it on these forums don't seem to play the campaign, which I consider a red flag and not a positive sign that so many people want to lp it(as in a normal lp, not a point and laugh at all the bad lp)."
I have 10,000 hours of TF2 under my belt (most of it idling) and would never recommend it in its current state. Other people hate play management games etc for thousands of hours.

The LP addendum is just weirdly poorly thought out? If people value the game for poo poo that I don't care about and don't like the things that interest me, it's a really obvious "this game is not for me" flag.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Kanfy posted:

She's right. We can't fight in here - Dr. Shenyang told us that we wouldn't get paid if we did.
Gobbet, no!

I mean, what the *gently caress*, Isobel?

quote:

What about Dr. Shenyang? What are we supposed to tell him?
Fucks sake, would everyone stop revealing our client's name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

smh

Yet another reason why, as awesome as this game is, Sleeping Dogs is the best Hong Kong based game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS-hEkBgF8Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQizakVJX_o