Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:getin:

I don't really care for the protag so my vote is for whatever Kanfy likes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Xander77 posted:

Female troll, portrait 4

This, real name Ling Black

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It's a job

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Part 04 - Between Nothing and Nowhere

[Turth.] I've got a friend in a bind, Duncan. That's all I can say about it. I *have* to go help.

Got a typo here.

This will probably change as the game goes on, but my first impression of Duncan is that he complains a bit too much for someone that used to live in the streets. Having said that, I never got my support structure demolished like that, and now to survive he will have to be on the other side of the KE stick, so to speak, so it's understandable he is freaking the heck out.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

I'd heard that a lot of the "oh it's a crime riddled slum" thing was overblown? Like they didn't let police in and it wasn't exactly a great place to live, but it was not that much worse than many other places. It's just that it was considered "ugly and makes us look bad" that it was torn down, not out of any humanitarian concern for the people living inside it.

I think it was like some favelas in Rio where they are/were.. relatively safe because the gang that controls the favela wont steal from their own neighbors, and rival gangs wouldn't just randomly mug people in there without setting off a huge turf war.

All bets are off if you are a stranger to the favela, though.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

habeasdorkus posted:

btw, if Manhattan had the same population density of peak Kowloon Walled City, it'd have 74m residents. Really gives you an indication of how off sci-fi writers are when talking about world-spanning cities. Asimov biffed this hardest, he had Trantor's peak population at 40 billion. Star Wars apparently has Coruscant at 1 trillion, which is much closer but even at just Manhattan density Earth would have 13 trillion (covering oceans) or 4 trillion (just land area).

I got curious and ran the numbers for a planet-spanning (land + ocean surface) KWC and it clocked in at almost one quintillion people.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I can't help but hope that the researcher's test strip went bad super quick because she was all messed up herself, and her fixes actually did a little something to help. :smith:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Part 10 - New Crew Who's Who

Are we one of Gobbet's rats now? :v:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Science fiction author: "The official name was COVID-19, but among the suffering people it soon became known as Deathlung."
Millennials in 2020: yeah I got the rona

:emptyquote:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Skip Duncan

Kanfy posted:

Part 12 - Hello to Heoi (Part 2)

My buddy R3dSt0rm wrote that. [...]

That must have been a mouthful for him. :v:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

resurgam40 posted:

I was going to go traditional with the Monk outfit, because I think Taz might go for that (stereotypes be damned), but- no shoes. I don't care how traditional it is, you need shoes in the city of the future, especially the places Runners go.

So this is the opposite direction entirely, but I think I have to throw my hat in for the Ballistic Cloth Suit. Yes, I know the Securetech is more suitable and more cyberpunk, but daaamn.

I like girls in suits.

This.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

That tasty long pork

Kanfy posted:

Part 16 - The Monster of Whampoa Garden

The words say "All police are dogs."

hell yeah

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

If that's what it takes to not deal with ink cartridges I'm all for it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I don't know. Bolthole

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kanfy posted:

Part 21 - Talkie-Walkie (Part 2)

I've got it down to a science. You just need the right technique. Matter of fact, I caught a guy just last week with a phosphorous grenade in his leg compartment.

And what did you do?

Disarmed him, of course!

But he had a leg compartment! :v:

Cythereal posted:

Is0bel, Gobbet, Duncan

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Why wouldn't they? It's a grid-based turn-based tactics system - which have been done to death in home consoles and portables - and as such the pointing interface doesn't need to be precise, and you have all the time in the world to make your decisions. Plus the Switch has touchscreens when undocked which would help on menus and dialogue choices.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Oh goddamn it's still being updated.