Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This game doesn't have a proper mage as a party member, and I strongly suggest it. Female Dwarf Mage (who should put enough points in Shaman to at least get a good totem, eventually).

Physical adept works too, I don't think there's a proper adept party member either.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Ling Black, with this portrait.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah there's one fight in particular later on that I'm really glad I had Duncan around for because it involved someone who was utterly unrelated to the investigation and didn't deserve death.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

There's also more mundane explanations for Lau's situation than him being a secret spirit or something. Well, mundane for this setting. Maybe he's a human who grew up poor in this part of town, made it big with one of the local corporations because of his likely magical talent, and could afford a leonization.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Racter would go on about the fact that modern cooking methods completely eliminate the risk of brain-prion disease.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I played as a mage when I last ran through Hong Kong, which meant Duncan and Gaichu both got a decent amount of work for me.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

bewilderment posted:

I assume he basically left with no warning, possibly even with runs they'd already planned. Breaking a deal without warning is pretty rude - Shadowrunners expect to be dicked around and ghosted by the people ghosting them, not by their teammates.
Yeah, he got the news, started packing and ghosted the crew the very next day, quite possibly a day where they were scheduled for a run and had to suddenly do it down their rigger. That sorta unexpected change gets Runners killed.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

A run where you get paid, none of your teammates who care about their essence get maimed and you don't get an APB standing kill order put on you by local security is a good run.

Unfortunately our team here is ahead of things in terms of that last one.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

achtungnight posted:

Speak for yourself. I got a Johnson on speed dial, a drone controlled via my cyber arm, and a team looking for a decker*.

* Must be competent, not use combat stims, able to operate a moped, willing to speak up loudly when the team is in danger and he doesn’t have a turret under control.
My dad just bought me a Fairlight Excalibur, does that work

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

achtungnight posted:

Can you use it? Hack the Ares mainframe, make it look like Lofwyr was responsible, plant data that will lead them to Aztechnology’s latest scheme regarding insect spirits and blood magic, then we’ll talk.
I edited the company logo on the Ares intranet to be a dickbutt guy wearing the helmet and it took their resident deckers five whole minutes to revert it back, does that count

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 23, 2022

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

citybeatnik posted:

The Philippino SL convo is easily one of my favorites, coupled with the drone costume one.

Which, I think, was posted by Gobbet?
I'm just imagining Gobbet trying to find a moment when she can get to Koschei and put a cat costume on it without Racter noticing, and failing every time

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Can't the rats do it while she distracts him?
It's a bit more complex seeing as on a certain level Racter is Koschei

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Glad to see this back.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

achtungnight posted:

That’s it. Next time we get a TPK, we’re blaming Gobbet. Even if she’s not in the party at the time.
Especially if she's not in the party, because once again she survives in the end

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Duncan tries to challenge Eiger to honorable close combat and gets sniped from 100M away

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

MJ12 posted:

I'm not sure, Blitz is supposed to be almost as hot-poo poo as he thinks he is, and he thinks he is ludicrously hot poo poo. His problems aren't that he's a bad decker, but that he makes incredibly bad decisions in every other realm.
He utterly eats poo poo if it comes down to meatspace combat though

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Gaichu strikes me as a guy who it would be exceptionally unpleasant to talk politics about

He still seems to view Red Samurai indoctrination and Renraku philosphphy favorably

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kith posted:

To be fair, most of the characters from Dragonfall were confirmed to be super dead because of the Flux State's collapse.
I presume Dietrich in particular is super-canon dead, for the obvious reasons

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Gaichu and Gobbet going to a big fancy party seems like the comedy option here

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I voted for just Gaichu and Gobbet already, but voting for Racter as my third.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I think Racter makes the most sense--- he's not a decker, but he'll probably have insight into the tech that Is0bel would normally provide but can't because she'll spend half the run elsewhere.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

wiegieman posted:

Blitz isn't incompetent, he's actually pretty good -- keeping up with runners means you're novahot. He's just not as hot as he thinks, and Is0bel is probably better.
Yeah, this is something that people lose sight of: literally any runner who survives while doing regular runs for longer than like 5 years is a scary motherfucker. The biggest failson of any given Shadowrun team is still probably one of the best dozen people at what they do in that city

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Same, these Shadowrun games are some of my favorite RPGs ever and you do a great job presenting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah, a decker convention of *all* places is the absolute worst place to drop Blitz's name