Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

KataraniSword posted:

Much like Dragonfall was an amazing showcase for the mage, and Returns was a good romping ground for a Decker/Rigger, I feel like Hong Kong is the home turf of the Physical Adept. Whether or not you dip into other archetypes is up to you, of course.

Let's go with a female Dwarf adept, of any given real name you wish, but with a street name of Taz, because things are about to get Looney Tunes in here.

Well, I know what train I'm on.

(Though I admit, I really love the idea of a Bruce Lee-inspired melee shaman/adept)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Now that the rough and tumble of the primaries is over...

Ling Black, everybody!

(if only because giving a troll the surname Fang feels a bit on the nose)

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

paragon1 posted:

Sometimes your corporate black site prison is a fenced in bunch of cargo containers in the trackless desert. Sometimes it's the humanities department at Reed. :shrug:

That explains SO much about getting my MA.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

paragon1 posted:

I mean if you replace program with rigger it doesn't really change anything. :v:

Blitz: *sighs and goes back to shitposting on Shadowland*

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

It’s not just losing his support structure, but the fact that for Duncan, being a Barrens kid was the equivalent of hell incarnate, and he felt like he had finally gotten out of it.

Yes, he used to live on the streets, but he was so desperate to get away from them, so enamored with the idea that a corporate wage slave or rent-a-cop was “the good life”, that it feels like any return to former ways is like the relapsing of an addiction.

So, like. Yeah he bitches a lot but it’s entirely understandable especially considering this is all like, an hour fresh.

Duncan is basically where I imagine Eiger was five years before we meet her in Dragonfall.

The Lone Badger posted:

You don't become a Runner if there isn't something broken about you.

Yeah, nobody becomes a runner because things went right.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

I vote Is0bel, for local color and also because the Matrix is very different here from the previous two games.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

The Exploding Ghost district has really gotten popular.

loving gentifiers.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

resurgam40 posted:

When we said we went to prison for helping a friend out of a jam, I'd say we painted a picture of loyalty for Shin, and when Kanfy chose Academic*, I believe that's indicative of someone who thinks at least a little bit about where and whom to punch before doing so, troll crime orphan or no. So I say Option 5 for the response.

*And I am so happy they did that by the way. Other etiquettes might get you more money and enable you to skip some confrontations, but if you really get into this setting and these character, really chew the juice out of them like a dog worries a ham-bone, then slap on that pocket protector, don your suspenders, and put on your taped glasses, because it's time to get your nerd on.

Oh, how I wish I had the photoshopping skill to slap a pair of nerdlinger glasses on Shin's portrait.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

It turns out 'how to fix deckers' was a very simple question all along: give them grenade launchers.

Honestly, isn't that the answer to most questions?

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

I love when this thread gets to talking about the SR universe. :allears:

:same:

I have nothing to contribute, because the old Genesis game/HBS games are the sum total of my SR lore, but it's great.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

Gaichu's combat style best described from my experience using him:

Miss
Miss
Miss
Hi- nah, just kidding. Missed again

Ah, the Eiger Effect.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

The greatest failure of Dragonfall was that you never got the chance to belt Duerr across his smarmy mouth.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Kanfy posted:

This ¥900 jar is coming with us too. Who breaks into a museum only to walk away without at least one cool jar or vase with them? That's the kind of missed opportunity a shadowrunner would regret for the rest of their lives.

Somewhere in Berlin, Rosa feels a cold chill.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Poil posted:

Also Gobbet is clearly a running disaster.

When you keep experiencing Total Team Kills every ten minutes, the problem might be you.

(jk love you Gobbet)

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Stroth posted:

And it ends with them at a terrible street food stand somewhere with Dietrich complaining that he's too drat old to eat this sort of stuff any more without horrible consequences and Gobbet gnaws on a chunk of unidentified protein the size of her fist.

He's scratching her rats behind the ears, she's calling him Uncle Dietrich. They'd be intergenerational shaman besties in five seconds flat.

quote:

Blitz would probably win on the net, right up until Is0bel drops a grenade into the network closet he's running his line through.

This is 100% accurate.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Xander77 posted:

At the risk of whirling off into the ether, as genetic manipulation becomes commonplace we'll have to rethink what eugenics mean (is it no longer eugenics if we're designing children by individual parental choice rather than a higher mandate?) and how to treat them.

But those parental choices wouldn't be happening in a vacuum - there'd be social and cultural pressures informing them.

In Shadowrun news, Racter good. Lucky Strike didn't deserve him, honestly.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

The material reality is that we live on a shabby boat and do the bidding of a local Triad boss. From the materialist standpoint, the strengths and weaknesses of Racter's ideology are irrelevant because he has no way of imposing his vision on society.

A true visionary is never recognized in his own time.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

achtungnight posted:

A bottle of enchanted tequila made by skilled Tijuana elves!

That's what it says on the label, anyway.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

On the one hand, I miss that the various armors don't have stat bonuses.

On the other, it meant that my adept could go full mirror shades.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Blitz accidentally starts a cascade failure of all AAA corps matrix security while arguing with some other rando about what combo of drugs it's best to be high on while watching Knight-Kings of LightningHold.

This becomes known as Blitz Day in running circles.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

By popular demand posted:

Dietrich as an individual may by no more but the Dragonslayer is eternal, the Dragonslayer remembers.

Dietrich goes down in a blaze of glory that is remembered in legend. :black101:

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Gaichu and Gobbet going to a big fancy party seems like the comedy option here

Agreed. Maybe take along Duncan for maximum awkwardness?

Quackles posted:

And I vote for the Shiawase StreetWare. I love turtlenecks.

Aw, it kind of reminds me of Monika's big weird collar. RIP Monika.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Is0bel's run is the best

BraveLittleToaster posted:

Take Racter along to the convention.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

We should bring Blitz. It's not his game, but I'm sure his terrible decision-making power will allow him to overcome.

Blitz would lose his thumbs so fast in Hong Kong.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Agaragon posted:

Lofwyr took the vase.

:smaug:

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

I have to love the way you can just enthusiastically tell everyone at the convention that you punched that guy. Taz is just so proud of herself.

When your skillset is Punches Real Good, and you got to punch a guy Real Good, that seems justifiable.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

We should have dropped Blitz's name.

Sounds like a good way to get shanked real fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

That's it - doing my next playthrough as a shaman of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.