Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Is0bel, Gobbet, Duncan

Ninja suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

Astral perception cannot take in 'abstract' information. Try to look at written information astrally and it's just scribbles with maybe some colour indicating the emotional tone of the writing.

So Gaichu can't read?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

As awesome as this mission is, the one thing that bothers me is the RFID. I'm pretty sure that didn't exist at the time this edition of Shadowrun came out, and the amazing cyberpunk future was all magstrip cards and keypads.

Just a tiny incongruity/editorial oversight, but still a bit grating, given how quickly RFIDs replaced keypads in the real world.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Mindopali posted:

I also believe the developpers have a thing with food. Between Gobbet the recycling bin, Gaichu who describes the way he prepares sashimi, us taking bites and sips when food is already prepared and there's nobody around, and Ku Feng professing her love for steamed buns, I suspect they put some of their own love for food in game. And I won't complain.

The devs are based in Vancouver, which has an excellent food culture, especially for East and Southeast Asian food.

So yeah, it tracks.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Psion posted:

HBS is Seattle, not Vancouver. The logic still probably stands, though.

Huh. Don't know why I thought they were here. But yeah, Seattle is pretty similar food-wise.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah I'm down with Racter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

I mean, 80% of the studio got laid off last summer and Lamplighter's League appears to have been a massive bust, but they aren't technically dead yet.

IIRC the layoffs happened well before they were even done making Lamplighters' League, so it was released super unfinished.

Not even sure where they go from here.