Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the C-spam moderation good or bad?
This poll is closed.
Goku 31 14.76%
Goku 57 27.14%
Goku 73 34.76%
Goku 49 23.33%
Total: 156 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Giga Gaia posted:

dunno but hopefully squizzle chooses more iks and overloads the system

we already have more ik on ik violence than any other forum, eventually it'll lead to a chain reaction where everyone's probed by someone else the moment their previous probation expires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
In much the same way that Spain was reclaimed from the Moors for glorious christiandom, so too must CSPAM retake QCS for the glory of yelling about D&D.

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

empty whippet box posted:

qcs is just an extension of fyad and it's just fyad trolling cspam mostly

It's mostly D&D, way more of those than the fyad people (most of whom are obviously joking)

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fluoride Jones posted:

What the hell are those qcs threads meant to accomplish anyway there's already 1488 mods of this loving board

Maybe encourage any of them to actually do something sometimes other than give themselves comedy sixers

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Snake Dance posted:

It's mostly D&D

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Crane Fist posted:

Maybe encourage any of them to actually do something sometimes other than give themselves comedy sixers

I'm not trying to make a judgement call or anything but it's weird to see someone that posts in the no rules forum (the canonically best forum on SA i guess) complain that other forums aren't enforcing rules.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Snake Dance posted:

It's mostly D&D, way more of those than the fyad people (most of whom are obviously joking)

For real I just checked the thread in question to be greeted by something like 3 or 4 long form essays on the ethics of forum use

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Dustcat posted:

we already have more ik on ik violence than any other forum, eventually it'll lead to a chain reaction where everyone's probed by someone else the moment their previous probation expires

good

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

crane fist getting mad that mods in another forum aren't issuing more better probations or even coming to qcs to explain themselves to crane fist

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Crane Fist posted:

is this what skelly would do

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
make c-spam a top level forum

its been at least 3+ years of being one of the, if not the, most popular places on this site (its older than that, but i can't speak to it being the most popular place cuz i don't remember); its time to make us our own thing, out from under d&d and all its bullshit

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

Well, they did kick you out of the mental health thread, so... baby steps!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
make me ik of this thread and make it a 'cspam drama megathread' thank u in advance

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Snake Dance posted:

It's mostly D&D,

this lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

empty whippet box posted:

make me ik of this thread and make it a 'cspam drama megathread' thank u in advance

seconded, we should have a drama thread, to both contain and nurture the drama

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
as IK, I will give a 6er to anybody who does not encourage drug use somehow in each and every one of their posts.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Honestly a bunch of posters are appropriately annoyed with CSPAM since this subforum does allow some pretty bad posting (click the here to see more bad posts) that goes without probations, but when i was IK i didn't probe bad posts either.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

Honestly a bunch of posters are appropriately annoyed with CSPAM since this subforum does allow some pretty bad posting (click the here to see more bad posts) that goes without probations, but when i was IK i didn't probe bad posts either.

jesus, those are some truly reprehensible posts

that rear end in a top hat should be run right out of cspam

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

as IK I would probe any and all "Good Posts" so we could shackle the privileged and create an equal cspam society like ayn rand wanted in that one story about the ballerina or whatever.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

make me mod so i can permaban myself

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

is it a coincidence that pick gets a probie and then vvg shows up?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

yes

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Lib and let die posted:

is it a coincidence that pick gets a probie and then vvg shows up?

yes

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

fair enough. i suppose it oughtn't be surprising that more than one D&D scold gets off on wielding mental health as a posting weapon.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

I'm not trying to make a judgement call or anything but it's weird to see someone that posts in the no rules forum (the canonically best forum on SA i guess) complain that other forums aren't enforcing rules.

you do know that it's possible to post in one more than one forum at a time???

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Probably Magic posted:

Well, they did kick you out of the mental health thread, so... baby steps!

They recognised that I was too normal and happy to be there. Me posting in that thread was like banging on the glass at the aquarium

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

They recognised that I was too normal and happy to be there. Me posting in that thread was like banging on the glass at the aquarium

What the actual gently caress is wrong with you.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Crane Fist posted:

They recognised that I was too normal and happy

yeah you seem like it

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Loveshaft posted:

From my understanding c-spam was supposed to be a leftist shitposting forum — emphasis on leftist — where you could discuss politics/current events without having to write long dissertations on different topics like in D&D. Start getting rid of trolls and negative attention seekers trying to turn threads into needless flame wars. Liberals have D&D, and right leaning people have GBS. FYAD has their own place for their stuff. It’s not to much to ask the c-spam mods to stop treating c-spam like some libertarian FREE_SPEECH zone where every kind of troll and grudgeposting against the subforum is allowed.

to be fair I don’t think there is really a solid consensus on what cspam is “for.” many posters, including myself, see it more as a spiritual successor to LF which while generally left wing, was by no means a forum for leftists exclusively. the most common shared trait in that era was the willingness to mock the absurd farce that is US/global politics, and posters with disparate political beliefs often set aside their differences to share in this joy. serious discussion is/was obviously fine, and even jokes often contain unironic points made subversively, but I think some folks find the joyless 24/7 serious discussion...but in lowercase...a bit tedious.

that’s not to say that cspam should become lf circa 2009, or that that kind of discussion shouldn’t be allowed. I just think this difference of opinion seems to be at the root of a lot of the conflict around here.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Crane Fist posted:

Like the way those goldfish do?

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fluoride Jones posted:

Like the way those goldfish do?

lol nice

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

banging on the glass at the aquarium is certainly what normal, happy people do

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

banging on the glass at the aquarium is certainly what normal, happy people do

Are you physically incapable of recognising a joke, because that might explain why you hate fyad so much

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'll admit sometimes I like reading the bird pic thread or the lunch thread in fyad but gently caress trying to post in either one of them imo

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Crane Fist posted:

Are you physically incapable of recognising a joke, because that might explain why you hate fyad so much

what's the joke

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

I'll admit sometimes I like reading the bird pic thread or the lunch thread in fyad but gently caress trying to post in either one of them imo

in all seriousness you should do it. it's good fun posting there

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

cpt obvious I’m not sure debating those CHAZ posts in QCS is a good hill to die on

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

what's the joke

I was using ironic hyperbole, where I say something clearly untrue in order to elide a greater truth, in this case that I am neither of those things and that would be a stupid reason to ban someone for doing something, the joke is in the contradiction and in the tension between my explanation and the observable reality, I hope this helps you on your path to becoming a real boy

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Crane Fist posted:

I was using ironic hyperbole, where I say something clearly untrue in order to elide a greater truth, in this case that I am neither of those things and that would be a stupid reason to ban someone for doing something, the joke is in the contradiction and in the tension between my explanation and the observable reality, I hope this helps you on your path to becoming a real boy

dude you went trolling in the mental health thread and then laughed about it as "banging on the glass at the aquarium"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

crane fist is like an animal in the zoo, throw him some chum every once in a while and don't be too surprised when he's constantly covered in his own poo poo