Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the C-spam moderation good or bad?
This poll is closed.
Goku 31 14.76%
Goku 57 27.14%
Goku 73 34.76%
Goku 49 23.33%
Total: 156 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Peanut President posted:

why do people read qcs

pretty much the same reason one reads half the threads in cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

in conclusion, telling people to commit suicide is a land of contrasts

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i will get my sworn forum enemies exiled by sending dear jeffrey transcripts of my weekly therapy sesh if they dare to mock me. victory is at hand, for these foolish capitalists have sold us the rope with which we will hang... ourselves :evilbuddy:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

seize the means of posting

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

every iteration of tiduslaugh.wmv is a god drat work of art

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

all I will require in return for my dread reign will be a small posting dacha for my retirement

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

*thinking extremely hard* postapo. gestapost.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

gentlefolk, you can't flame each other in here, this is the posting room

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Good soup! posted:

if there's a subforum I don't like, I don't read it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

it is my solemn vow to you, cspam posters, that my posts will always be cringeworthy as hell

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

indigi posted:

what’s this

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

fwiw, i think the idea of just running an issues focused candidate is seductive because it lets you rehabilitate a large segment of the american public instead of having to grapple with who they are. i think one of the best features of progressive ideology in general is a fundamental respect for the individual and faith in eventual progress, but i find that hard to reconcile with data that shows, for example, that young hispanic men are voting for trump explicitly because they like how he gets to speak down to women. if thats true then the best case of running the progressive issues candidate is that a group of voters who still hates women decides to vote for a candidate who can help them out of self-interest... but still hate women the day after the election. probably the more cynical take is the future of politics is the democratic party picking amongst demographic groups which hold objectively horrid opinions and hoping they can temporarily buy their votes in exchange for material gain. on one hand i guess its good when things get better for everyone, even chuds, but also its kind of depressing to know that the future of identity politics is trading picking your poison between racism, xenophobia, or sexism.

i think the other lesson of this election is that previously unactivated voters aren't just better people who are turned off by the problems of the system. for every first time progressive the democrats turned out, trump as activated a first time chud. i don't know if a strategy premised on winning through activating unengaged voters is even viable anymore, unless it can only be used by one candidate.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Crane Fist posted:

Maybe encourage any of them to actually do something sometimes other than give themselves comedy sixers

is this what skelly would do