Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the C-spam moderation good or bad?
This poll is closed.
Goku 31 14.76%
Goku 57 27.14%
Goku 73 34.76%
Goku 49 23.33%
Total: 156 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Loveshaft posted:

I tried posting in QCS about how the mods there need to crackdown on grudgeposting people spreading unhinged caricatures about different subforums and posters they don’t like as irredeemable, and predictably, it got buried in a sea of juvenile bile being hurled everywhere. Jeffrey of YOSPOS responded to me agreeing that toxic narratives which are allowed to fester is bad for the community as a whole before essentially saying the solution is more speech i.e. “Who cares?” Well, we’ve seen what happens to forums when crap like that it allowed to be repeated over and over again; people eventually start to believe them.

I’ve made some genuine critiques of c-spam moderation, too; namely how toxic idiots like Gaupo Gaucho and Grandpa Palpatine posting bizarre negative attention seeking and death threats are not at least banned from posting in c-spam — the latter is gone now, but frankly his bile lasted too long. The Greenwald thread had the same problem with people from other forums barging in to call Greenwald supporters right-wingers/fascist collaborators ad nauseam without anything being done. People are allowed to poo poo up threads with tall images with impunity, and six hour probes obviously don’t deter it.

From my understanding c-spam was supposed to be a leftist shitposting forum — emphasis on leftist — where you could discuss politics/current events without having to write long dissertations on different topics like in D&D. Start getting rid of trolls and negative attention seekers trying to turn threads into needless flame wars. Liberals have D&D, and right leaning people have GBS. FYAD has their own place for their stuff. It’s not to much to ask the c-spam mods to stop treating c-spam like some libertarian FREE_SPEECH zone where every kind of troll and grudgeposting against the subforum is allowed.

And QCS is toxic as hell and it’s a shame the mods there and Jeffrey don’t seem to give a poo poo about cracking down on obvious grudgeposting weirdos trying to turn the community against each other. At least this is my two cents on things.

At least for the glenn greenwald thread, my take is that glenn is the ultimate poster and all those who wish to follow the poster's path must hone their posts in combat unfettered by mods

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
More to the point glenn has said "gently caress the mods" multiple times this year so why would they want mods in their thread