Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

A trick of the brain. We try to create meaning for it, perceive it, contextualize it. Some say that the continued march forward for humanity was only made possible by our attempts to quantify time but the only ones tricked by this is ourselves, trying to force order on the chaotic forces of nature.

So, in short, that's why I'm "late" for work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheese Thief
time is physical thing (physics), the closer you move towards it the more it slows down.

biosterous

time doesn't pay

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

more falafel please

forums poster

boss makes a dollar i make a dime, that's why I spend half my day solving puzzles to free nut, even though nut was clearly posting the whole time

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Goons Are Gifts

more falafel please posted:

boss makes a dollar i make a dime, that's why I spend half my day solving puzzles to free nut, even though nut was clearly posting the whole time

Stoner Sloth

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

A trick of the brain. We try to create meaning for it, perceive it, contextualize it. Some say that the continued march forward for humanity was only made possible by our attempts to quantify time but the only ones tricked by this is ourselves, trying to force order on the chaotic forces of nature.

So, in short, that's why I "drunkenly" "fingerbanged your sister" and "peed on your couch".

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

google THIS

I just want to refer back to this classic joke_explainer post

joke_explainer posted:

wife: "well, good night dpimpjedi. by the way, it was my birthday. you forgot again."

dpimpjedi: *logs into byob* "what is time? an a priori notion, that together with space, allows us to comprehend experience. Just elements of a systemic framework that structures experience. True simultaneity cannot exist, neither physically or epistemologically. one cannot be said to have missed an event in such a structure"

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
What's the time, it's quarter to 9, time to have a bath!actually it's 17:35 here and I'm going to shower, but space and matter are also probably illusions

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i kind of thought i had the basics of reality sorted, before i learned how time/space bends tru gravitational forces. since then ive accepted that my limited monkey brain perceives the world in a certain way, and that epistemology is the road to madness

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
like, i'm seriously into theoretical physics. its just the monkey brain i've connected to a computer that has limited vision.

Heather Papps

hello friend

gravity isn't real it's sunlight exerting pressure, that's why they want you to go to sleep at night - jumping is slightly easier and more fun after dark

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Nosfereefer

night is just a scam by big gov. ever wonder why you see foreign peeps posting in the middle of the night like they dont got work in the morning??

google THIS

Time is an illusion but a wrinkle in time is an allusion

Nosfereefer

time is a fallacy

Prof. Crocodile

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

time makes fools of us all

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
The only time now is party time

Prof. Crocodile

If you are watching this in the future, know that time has had its way with us, and that we knew it would. And it will with you. There is no escaping this. In a strange way, it's what makes life so beautiful and strange, that nothing alive stays the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Nosfereefer posted:

i kind of thought i had the basics of reality sorted, before i learned how time/space bends tru gravitational forces. since then ive accepted that my limited monkey brain perceives the world in a certain way, and that epistemology is the road to madness

That's how I turned insane, imagine, some time ago I was normal but then time happened and now I'm an illusion