Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

The_Doctor posted:

So honestly, it looks like Disney+ plans to continuously air a Marvel show week on week for all of next year. Going by the dates, it seems as if WandaVision will finish, and then F&WS starts up the following week, then the same with Loki.

That honestly sounds like a great idea. I'm really excited about all these series but I'm looking forward to how they do US Agent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Apoplexy posted:

Didn't really want to bump the poor dead thread for the completed series but... re-watching Agents of SHIELD again and god drat did they get so many things right with that series. I hope that we eventually get to see it acknowledged within the extended continuity, at least as a splintered reality stream that 'occurred' within the context of the MCU as a whole once it goes multiversal. Even if just acknowledging that SHIELD still exists to defend Earth as Fury and SWORD or whatever go on their merry way.

I was always hoping they'd at least get to show Phil meet up with his Avenger friends again. :smith:

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I loved this so far, it's so kooky and weird, but it absolutely nails the I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke, Bewitched vibe so well, with an OVERWHELMING sense of fear in something's really messed up.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

Dunno if I should spoiler this but I would loving lose it if Michael Fassbender showed up. I don't care if he is like just 10 years older than Elizabeth, just loving put some white streaks on his hair and call it a day. Who cares. Gimme more nazi-killing spy Magneto from First Class

It wasn't until much later after their introduction that we found out that Magneto was their father, I don't know if they'll go in right out the gate on this show to bring that in. Granted Fassbender as Magneto - before Days of Future Past is excellent.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Interesting they didn't go for black like US Agent in the comics. I'm guessing there's something in the storyline about getting this version in the public consciousness as the new Cap instead of/ahead of Sam and/or Bucky.

I fully expect US Agent to turn over a new leaf and become like the covert face of Cap America, so he'll switch to black.

Also, I really hope Disney does not want to switch off this different style in WandaVision, I love it so much, having those amazing sitcom call backs with that sense of dread throughout. It'll be a godawful shame to not have something like this now and then. Although I'd be fine if they gloss over Carol being unwillingly raped and father her mentally controlling husband while all the Avengers clap and are happy for them.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

As Cap's biggest Stan, I loved it. You feel the weight of Steve not being around, I do wonder how they'll explain it, if he just died against Thanos or what?

I hope that Not-Cap is an ok guy, he's a gruff guy in the comics and a villain sometimes but maybe he'll be alright, just not Steve.

Also in the end credits I think I saw Isiah Bradley

One thing I wonder, as someone already pointed out with the comic image from above, if they are setting up some kind of "New Avengers" ala like East and West Coast from the 90's based on the characters/changes they're introducing.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

badjohny posted:

So they are already hinting that new cap is a good solider, but maybe not a good man. I am wondering if He gets his hands on the Super Soilder Serum and it makes him worse

I donno, I like John how he's portrayed here, made me feel bad at all the people making fun of him last week meme-ing him. I HOPE that John, is a good guy, just a VERY strong believer that's easily manipulated.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Goffer posted:

I still like the theory that the super soldier serum has always been right, it just reacts differently for everyone depending on their internal being. Cap, Red skull, hulk, abomination, all reflections of their interal character.

That's a really good theory.

It also makes me tickled that the whole Vita-Ray contraption of Stark's in the MCU didn't do crap.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I'm thinking JW being off the charts in human abilities, he's already got the serum, and we'll get the reveal how he got that way, and it'll be evil

I do really like him somewhat, he's already an experienced military man, who says he wants to do good, he's trying to give the olive branch and it gets smacked in his face, it'd piss me off too.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Time travel and a charismatic, self-deluded, godlike being as the protagonist? Welp, sign me up. I'll take 5.

In seriousness though, I kinda hope Loki isn't self-contained (it kinda seems like it might) so that he can pop up again later on.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Another person missing altogether was Sean Gunn's other character Kraglin. I imagine him wearing Yondu's mohawk/arrow thing would've come in handy at some point, or am I missing him altogether in Infinity War/Endgame?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

If anyone thinks that Walker is getting anything but praise after this episode y'all are more idealistic than me. The Flag Smashers killed Lamar, his best friend, it doesn't matter if it was the girl or not, a "true patriot" died to a terrorist. Falcon and Bucky will be lucky to not be wanted for aiding them at this point.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Quill should be fun just for the 'trying to impress girlfriend's sister' element. And Thor should be cool with her too.

I'd honestly like to see Quill being more bisexual in the movies, as he is now in comics, I imagine it'd make Chris Pratt squirm a bit, and that'd be fun enough alone for the backstage drama.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

We have figures!

I think this is probably the first Marvel Legends set that I would want the entire line of.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah, but I bet he had to spend hours in the makeup chair every day of filming.

I'd be ok with Michael Keaton being double cast as Mephisto.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

This was a pretty good ending to the season. Wasn't perfect, but it was satisfactory overall.

"Not you, Tony" - after a season of being killed and generally poo poo on, this made me literally LOL

The fight scenes were legit entertaining. the Sphere of Mjolnirs was hilarious, but a little disappointed with Zombie Scarlet Witch v. Infinite Ultron. Still think last episode's brawl was lights-out the best fight in the entire run.

I fully expected Uatu to end up stripped of his powers due to breaking his oath. Either it happening via the oath itself, or by being apprehended by others of his race. Kind of disappointed breaking his oath was consequence free (so far)

Something I kind of expected to happen at the end:

I expected the oath to only watch and observe be revealed to a variant of Kang or the Council of Kangs and the Watcher having to go to trial, to tie everything together more.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Everyone posted:

I was rooting for the Cars franchise to continue into Ships and finally Subs so we could finally get

Sub Tour Guide: "...and this is the Marianas Trench, the deepest part of the ocean and also where we tossed the bones of the humans when we killed them all in the Great Uprising after the comet awakened us to sentience."

You know, just confirmation that the Cars franchise is the distant sequel to Maximum Overdrive.

I thought they already confirmed that the whole Pixar universe is connected due to Lightning McQueen showing up in another movie?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

All this talk about Kang and Doom and the MCU overall makes me just remember the best version was in Earth's Mightiest Heroes which lead to that cast playing the same roles in Marvel Heroes.

It all comes back around.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

live with fruit posted:

Secret Invasion should've been a movie and Eternals should've been a show but Marvel didn't recognize that with either.

Eternals was prime TV show material, had a good concept that could go through multiple seasons with great reveals and an ongoing antagonist with an every man in Jon Snow.

Secret Invasion just needed a few more super heroes, hell getting Sam-Cap's feet wet and having a tense dynamic with Bucky of who's a skrull making the reveal they already show on the show more out of left field.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I really hope about Thor and Loki, they get their day in the sun. :unsmith:

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Is everyone outside of the timelines ageless? Does Loki have to worry about his lifespan (it is said Asgardians live 5000 years or so) to keep holding things together forever?

I imagine if you're living outside the timeline, how would you even measure the passage of time? It's probably some deus ex machina poo poo that you're ageless because you're not impacted by time, which is why the TVA doesn't change.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I do like that this about the ending:

Loki being the being over time itself could fall into that meme/belief that Tiktok users are all about, that Loki is the Christian God playing a "trick" on everyone.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

At this point, with the exception of Loki, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, did a much better Kang Arc.

In fact, the MCU should just be the live action of that.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I was so upset that Charles is alive and now is gonna do his thing.

I can't wait for him to gently caress things up even worse.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I like how every single person has an active reason to tell Charles he's a loving blind idiot and Magneto says the one thing I wanted to always say: "Shut up."

Wolverine:

We get my man's beautiful brown and yellow suit and I have to relive one of the most loving traumatic things in comics along with it. drat.

I think we can all agree though, Fatal Attractions kicked so much loving rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Azhais posted:

Fatal Attraction? Did the Prof do the leg cross?

e: I'm thinking of basic instinct aren't I

I mean....he could have done it during that storyline cause he used his brain powers to lift his legs like he was walking for some dumb reason.