Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

I refuse to watch Loki, am I ruining things for myself with the upcoming phases? I've watched everything else and was just tickled pink when they referenced Kingo in Ms Marvel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Okay, I'll bite. Why is Loki the red line if you've watched everything else?

Petty personal bias. Had the character ruined for me, much like you can be soured on a certain song after a relationship. I cheered when the dude bit it in Infinity War and the whole theater gave me the stink-eye, haha.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

This is Melvin erasure and I won't stand for it

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Everyone, stop trying to make 'pinched pee pee' happen, it's NOT going to happen!

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

You're definitely right and I wouldn't expect any new D+ series announced anytime soon.

Disney's most recent financial statement and business plan basically said they are:

- Spending $60 billion on theme parks and cruises over the next 10 years.
- Looking into getting rid of broadcast TV (ABC specifically, and potentially spinning off ESPN into its own company)
- Still losing lots of money on streaming.

So, they are most likely going to cut costs on streaming by slowing down releases, spreading out what they already have in the can, and being very selective on what they greenlight for exclusive Disney+ content (unless it is very cheap).

Apparently, they want to focus on theme parks, cruises, and movies.

And they want to ditch expensive streaming content, the Metaverse (they had previously pledged to spend $10 billion on metaverse content under the previous CEO, lmao), and (non-sports) broadcast TV.

That's what they get for going woke :smug:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can't just build a monster truck with pieces from a junkyard! totally broke immersion for me :colbert:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Better Call Saul, but with Marvel guys

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

The Punisher realizing who Matt was during the court room scene was amazing.

It's brought down some by "permission to treat the witness as hostile?"

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Give me 8 episodes of Jon Bernthal trying to shoot Tom Holland as the comics dictate, Marvel you cowards

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Let yourself be captured is a well established "super spy" trope if they are in a hurry and can't be arsed to find the big bad's hideout, I think the series calls back to it being one of Natasha's regular moves.

Kate just didn't know any of this and thought she'd swoop in and "save" Clint, making things harder in the process.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

What are you all talking about, I'm super hyped for Young Avengers with Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel and Yelena. I want everything to lead up to that, now

EDIT: The Hawkeyest :synpa:

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

live with fruit posted:

I don't get the impression that Yelena's going to be a Young Avenger. She's already a Thunderbolt and they've teased Kamala, Kate and Cassie Lang as the core of YA.

A low stakes street level caper with these three would be so much fun I can't believe it may not ever happen.

Shoehorn Jon's Punisher in there just so he gets his lights out like in that one Power Pack panel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

Marsupial Ape posted:

Fantastic episode. They've almost completely weened us off the 'pure' 90s aesthetics of the first 4 episodes and the show is now becoming 'modern' in its storytelling sensibilities. I am excited to see what it full matures into.

There's a shot of Rogue flying through the wings of a Victory of Samothrace style statue. We are now officially in the era of atavistic flying women.

That's el https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_of_Independence, ese! El Ángel is the quickest way to set up CDMX aka Mexico City. It's where everyone gathers whenever their soccer team wins. I think it's the first time I see it in US-media? Maybe? I'm a stoner with bad memory.

Soonmot posted:

Also loved that it dios de los muertos in mexico, just like it'd be mardi gras if we went to new orleans

Yeah! Honestly I was just glad to see Mexico city as an actual city even if it was brief. Disappointing that the dude was holed out in an stereotypical Hacienda-type house but eh, baby steps.