Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I feel like there would be a lot less complaints if that 4th episode had been instead edited into the first 3. I liked them but I watch a lot of old sitcoms on channels like MeTV and AntennaTV and can see where someone who isn't familiar with what they were parodying would wonder what the hell they were watching. The Bewitched intro in the second one especially is really cool. Coming from that point of view the fourth episode actually seemed really out of place for me, but it was needed. They should've been cutting between the sitcom world and what we saw in the fourth episode the entire time. Like someone said earlier it's probably the way it is because the first three were sent out to critics and they wanted to avoid too many spoilers in those but in my opinion that's a stupid reason, just make the show the best it can be without worrying about spoilers. I don't care about spoilers and the people who really do can avoid them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Gonz posted:

I do not trust Agnes or Chekov’s Mailman.

The mailman I thought was just there to reinforce how she's controlling everyone but they're still somewhat aware of it. He says something like your mom wouldn't let anything happen she doesn't want to.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
This is how they're introducing mutants in the MCU. After the line about Monica's bloodwork, everyone in that town is going to come out a mutant.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

howe_sam posted:

Yeah, that's my feeling too. When they do get around to making an X-Men movie my bet is it will be the classic kid shows up as a new student at the Xavier School story and I don't think that works if mutants have just poofed into existence.

And hand to god I though MitM debuted in the late 90's.

I don't think that's a requirement at all. Spider-Man pretty much just poofed into existence and it's fine because everyone knows who he is. The next most well known Marvel characters are probably the X-Men.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I think Agnes is probably someone who knows more about what's going on that the average townsperson but she's just as trapped as everyone else. Herb broke character this episode too and he's been identified as a normal person, and so did Monica when she was inside. Her unhinged laughing in this one hit me as "I'm screwed and it's really ironic that I am!"

I don't see how they resist having Kat Dennings play the role of a sassy waitress in the next episode.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

...you're posting in the TV sub of a dying internet forum populated by obsessive 30 and 40-something nerds and you're surprised people are into TV history?

I think it's more people wanted to be able to say I remember thing! for this last one instead of a deep interest in TV history. It felt like most people didn't get the Dick Van Dyke Show references even when it was blindingly obvious like Vision walking through an ottoman and only slightly more got the Bewitched stuff and that's mostly because husband has wife with magic powers is one of the key premises of this show too.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
There's a post credits scene on Wandavision. That episode might've been the best so far.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
lol if the person Paul Bettany always wanted to work with was Kat Dennings.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

tsob posted:

I imagine the show's success, or at least it's ability to hold tension week to week will depend largely on how much of a thriller it is or if it's just straight buddy action/comedy. The trailers certainly play up the odd couple dynamic, but there is still suggestions of a larger political or social thriller story in the trailers, and if the show plays up that intrigue and/or leans in to the moral complexity of Zemo and his sympathetic qualities (or uses what I assume is Sin in a similar fashion) it'll probably be more interesting. Honestly though, my biggest fear about the show is how they'll blend Cap's shield with Falcon's existing costume. because anytime I've seen Sam holding the shield in comic panels or fanart while wearing the wingsuit the whole comes off as very visually cluttered. Even with the wing's stowed away in this one, it'll be rather busy, because the shield goes on the back where the wings are too. A smaller pack of hardlight wings or something that are only there when he's flying would honestly seem preferable, but I doubt the show is going to do that. At least this version is unlikely to have the ugly half mask thing that comics Sam Wilson has as Captain America.

There would seem to be a good chance it's more a thriller though, just based on the trend of the Cap films. The films had the Russo Brothers helming though, while Falcon & The Winter Soldier is directed by someone I'm unfamiliar with. I suppose anyone more familiar with Kari Skogland's output might have more input on the matter.

I just don't like Falcon in general. I know almost nothing about the comic version but in the MCU he's a petty dick, constantly insulting other cooler characters, I presume to cover up his own feelings of inadequacy. His abilities suck, especially next to Iron Man or War Machine who do everything he can better. His one redeeming quality seems to be he's loyal to Captain America but a lot of people are.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Kind of disappointed Pietro is apparently an illusion and not the actual Fox Quicksilver grabbed from another dimension.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

live with fruit posted:

Isn't that the chaos magic though? Everyone who's been created was created by Wanda, plus Agatha said her first option was necromancy. Still seems likely that she just grabbed him from the Foxverse.

I could've sworn she said he was an illusion right before she said necromancy wasn't an option.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Gaz-L posted:

It's actually unclear if the crew that came with him was in on it, considering almost all of them are in the Hex now, some of them might be old guard that he feared would side with Monica out of loyalty to Maria or the Avengers. And Darcy and the other nerds brought in were civilians, and Woo's a federal agent for another agency, so openly saying "Hey, we're vivisecting one of the people who saved the whole world like 3 times and the lady in that town didn't like that much" might have gotten a call to the press or the White House. Also, the people who think he's justified even slightly... if Captain America had died and this dude tried to reanimate the corpse because the super-soldier serum is 'government property', no-one would defend it. That's basically what he's doing seeing as everything the movies and the show gives us depicts Vision as a sapient being.

It is kind of screwy that even if everyone on site now besides Heyward wasn't at SWORD headquarters that day apparently no one who was there would gossip about one of the most powerful people in the world paying a visit then leaving mostly without incident. I don't know why he'd lie for the benefit of three people when he just has them detained later anyway either.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I'm pretty disappointed in the second half of this show. It started out weird, creepy and funny all at the same time then ended up being about as formulaic as you can get in the last few episodes. I wish they would've had the confidence to keep doing something different the whole way through.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Invalid Validation posted:

Most people who watched that movie were kids. It’s bad but in a fun kinda way. That theme song does do a lot of legwork though.

I watched it just a few months ago and still enjoyed it. It's a fun movie.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Yvonmukluk posted:

Have you watched into the Spider-Verse? She was Doc Ock.

I have no idea who Katherine Hahn is either. When someone said this before I could see it but that wasn't even live action!

howe_sam posted:

She was the lead in the HBO show Mrs. Fletcher (not a Murder She Wrote prequel), and was one of the co-leads of the Bad Moms franchise.

I've never heard of either of these things. I had to look up who she was in Parks and Rec and yeah I guess I remember that character. I'm always amazed people in this forum can just whip out relatively unknown actor's filmographies from memory, I don't know anyone but like the biggest names.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Falcon and Winter Soldier seems a lot better than I thought it would be.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Azhais posted:

They'll get together in act 2 of the final episode.

Just rewatched endgame, forgot that hulk brought everyone back, Tony just blew up Thanos. Still laughing at the idea of el capitan sneaking into Asgard and reinjecting the evil infinity stone sludge back into Jane

Then sitting around for 80 years while his wife goes off to work for nazis every day.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 22, 2021

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Since what exactly the public knows about what happened in Endgame seems to come up a lot during the part where Sam and Rhodey are talking to each other in the museum there's a piece of the exhibit titled "A Final Mission" that seems to say exactly that. It's just a little too small and blurry for me to completely make out on my TV though. Maybe if someone could get a 4k screenshot then zoom in on it or something it would be readable.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Lol that this thread is down to a 2 rating. Some people just don't like boat financing analysis I guess!

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

Rewatching Avengers has really cemented in my mind that the Loki show is a really stupid and weird idea. He’s a terrible murderer whose super power is lying, that’s not an Anti-Hero, that’s literally just a villain

It could be about time cops trying to catch him or something who knows.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Oh I just realized having not seeing any of the Avenger movies before Bust Rodd doesn't even know which Loki that series is probably going to be about. Sorry if I spoiled it somewhat with the time cops comment. Anyway watch Thor Ragnorak too, probably before Infinity War since Infinity War starts immediately after that movie ends. I'd say it's a gem like Winter Soldier. I like Infinity War too it's a really tight movie for how many characters are in it and how much stuff is going on.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I like Civil War too because I really like Steve and Bucky's relationship that carries over from Winter Soldier and I suppose into this show but I can see why people don't think it's as good as some of the other movies. Plus yeah Spider-Man easily beating up other heroes is always cool, he's always been my favorite.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Let off some steam, Bennett.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Wakanda can't be that mad at Bucky, they didn't take their billion dollar arm back.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I read it as Zemo already had it but had no real purpose or reason (or an opening) to get out just yet. Bucky gave him both a reason and an opening.

I read it as Bucky had put it there and was drawing his attention to it. I thought it was just instructions though, not a keycard, and he just got the keycard from the guard he took out. I might be wrong about that last part though.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

TheTofuShop posted:

IIRC, theres a scene in one of the Cap movies where he laments that he cant get drunk anymore because of the Serum's effects

Karli got shot and was fine later in the same episode last week too.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

"Hey man, the entire country is pretty pissed at you for breaking out our most hated war criminal from prison and then fighting us. Don't come back to Wakanda for a long, long time."
"Ok, that seems pretty straightforward. Can you you develop, test, and build a new vibranium flight suit for Sam in like 3 days and a super snazzy solar powered-charging case that's genetically coded to Sam... as a favor?"

What exactly does Wakanda owe Bucky that he can just request multi-million dollar experimental tech on a whim and even when he's seen as unwelcome or even potentially exiled the Dora still love him enough to be like "sure boo, White Wolf 4 eva!!! <3<3".

Is this something covered in a comic book somewhere or is it buried in Endgame/Infinity War?

Like I said earlier in the thread the can't be that mad at him, they showed him they could disable his billion dollar arm then just let him keep it. Bucky is a useful guy to be friends with and that sort of thing is probably what Shuri does for fun in her free time.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Its Rinaldo posted:

So Sharon totes sent Batroc to infiltrate the Flag Smashers and get them all killed for stealing the serum, right?

Batroc being some kind of double agent here makes the most sense to me, yeah. I'm not convinced Sharon is suddenly evil, it wouldn't make any sense for her character. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a post credits scene in the next episode that reveals she was working some kind of long game with Fury or like someone else said, is a skrull.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I posted before this show started that I didn't really like Sam since he came off as constantly sniping at other characters in the movies he was in, but since this series has painted him as a really empathetic guy I like him now. I guess some of that was in Winter Soldier but it was just sort of quick to get him assaulting a helicarrier wearing the wings.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Comics Captain America is just "Peak Human" too and it doesn't seem to matter to him.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

FlamingLiberal posted:

-The Bucky and Sam vs. John Walker fight at the beginning gave me some serious Cap vs. Tony Civil War vibes. I get that they are trying to make this guy sympathetic but he's really gone off the deep end and I'm sure it's going to get worse when he shows up next week as US Agent or whatever.

I got more an Iron Man and company vs Thanos feeling from it with how they were trying to take the shield from him like they were trying to take the gauntlet. Once the shield was gone Bucky easily beat him up.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Oh and Jason Alexander should be Mole Man.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

I started looking more of this guy up after seeing this, and holy poo poo Comic Baltroc is a complete goof but strangely competent: I want more of this style for him in the MCU :allears:

He's cool yeah. When you're called "the leaper" you gotta lean into the goofiness I guess.

He's in Gwenpool which can be pretty funny if you want more of that side of him.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

We will probably never get a Gwenpool live action series, but a animated one on the level of the Harley Quinn series would be amazing.

She's apparently really hard to write since to my knowledge everything she's been in since her first series has been garbage, and in my opinion even that started getting not so great towards the end. The first two thirds or so is really good though!

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

West Coast Avengers was pretty great with her having Kate and America to bounce off and Quire to get down with.

Not a fan, it was too "lol so random" type of humor for me. And Kate is really good too so it should've been much better really.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
I'm watching Winter Soldier again and the person who says Fury hired Batroc is Robert Redford when he's trying to convince Steve that Fury was a traitor.

edit: Oh nevermind Natasha confirms it later.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Apr 19, 2021

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

We really don’t have any idea what the disparity is in serums, but Bucky was working the entire time Cap was asleep. Even if both of them have have the exact same physiological boost, or even if Steve’s is just better, Bucky has 70 years of assassination muscle memory and live-combat knocking around in his noodle. Like... even if they only used him once a year, that’s more action than most would see in a dozen lifetimes. Bucky beats Steve pretty soundly at the end of TWS, I honestly pick Final Form Winter Soldier Bucky in a 1v1 vs anyone except for Strange, Banner, or Peter (or any of the first 15-20 Iron Mans)

Steve was winning and even choked Bucky out before he decided he wasn't going to fight him anymore.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Because Steve decided to ignore him. He could've caved his skull in with the shield like Walker if he wanted to.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Doronin posted:

In CA: The First Avenger, didn't Howard Stark say something about how the shield is made of vibranium and vaguely reference some "other material" in the alloy to keep it true to the source material? It was a bit of a throwaway line that hasn't been referenced since, but it was there.

Nah, the scene is even linked a few posts above.

howe_sam posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q23jpbSu3dQ

"Stronger than steel and a third the weight"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Ror posted:

Sam using his wings to make a support bipod when he’s blocking with the shield is super rad.

That’s all.

I thought it was cool when he held the shield over his head and used the wings with that to cocoon himself from damage.

Regarding Sharon She has to be a Skrull, right? I'm assuming Julia Louis Dreyfus saying "poo poo's about to get real weird" is a precursor to Secret Invasion.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Apr 24, 2021