Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Desperado Bones posted:

Didn't the Mandalorian drop its first episodes earlier than expected? Or was that The Boys? I don't remember.

Anyways, it's gonna be like 2:00 am over here when it premieres. Just gonna sleep and wait until early in the morning.

(btw hello MCU TV thread, I'm here for my needed MCU dose)

That was the Boys. Disney Plus stuff drops at pst midnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I'm not far into the first episode I think there are going to be a lot of confused MCU fans. I'm very curious to see where this goes.

edit:

Lol, after watching the first episode I understand why they released two. This is going to be interesting to see reactions to. The first episode does almost feels like a lost Bewitched knock off that could have been on Nick at Nite in the early 90s. People can't say all MCU stuff feels samey anymore.

The credits are at least 6 minutes long.

The first episode is about 22 minutes long and the second episode is 29 and a half minutes.

edit 2:

lol the intro/episode is actually going full Bewitched.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 15, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The second episode is better than the first. Vision's gum plot is just ridiculous

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I believe just this week.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lol just saw an ad for this on tv that made it seem much more like a normal marvel thing. There was no hint of the sitcom element. That’s going to really confuse people.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The first episode felt much more like a 50s sitcom episode than the second did a 60s sitcom episode. Outside of the magic show, almost every scene in episode 2 had people acting strange/not in sitcom mode.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I wonder what sitcoms are they going to reference for the 00s or 10s.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

So for later episodes they said there would be office or modern family influenced. I hope Quicksilver and/or Magneto shows up then. I doubt they'd introduce MCU Magneto on this show but I'd love it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Everyone posted:

I don't see Magneto showing up because he was no relation to this version of Wanda. In the comics Magneto is the father of Wanda and Pietro/Quicksilver. While Quicksilver might show up, I think it'll be late in the series. Right now they're trying to play up the mystery of what's happening. Is this something somebody else is doing to Wanda and Vision, etc? If Pietro, Wanda's killed onscreen and left a body brother shows up alive that kind of gives away the game that Wanda is (maybe unconsciously) doing all this herself.

spoiling bc speculation based off rumors and a brief mention about someone that showed up in Mandaloiran s2. (just warning in case someone hasn't seen that yet)

I know Magneto is their father in the comics. They could easily retcon Wanda/Quicksilver's parents in MCU considering they did so in the comics. If the rumors are true about Fox Quicksilver showing up, I feel like all bets are off. Especially considering Wanda seems to be warping reality. Magneto isn't likely to show up but this would be a great time to start to bring mutants into the MCU. If Ahsoka can show up in Mandalorian without leaks, I feel like we could be in for a big surprise here. Probably not, but it's fun to speculate.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Captain Snaps posted:

Ahsoka was absolutely leaked before the season even started. Luke however was not

Did not realize the first part. Glad I missed that Mando spoiler.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

episode 3 thoughts

The names of the babies will make a lot of comics fans flip out. The 70s stuff looked great. I don't think this episode was as funny as the previous one. However, this is my favorite episode so far. The glitch/rewind effect was cool. I enjoyed the bits of the main plot that happen at the end of each episode. Quicksilver getting mentioned was a great moment.I wish the episodes were a little longer and had more of the main plot/things going off the rails. Wish Disney would have released all of these at once.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 22, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Gavok posted:

I can't believe they got away with doing an episode partially based on what's considered one of the worst storylines in Marvel history, Avengers #200. It was Carol Danvers in the comics, but doing a storyline where one of the Avengers goes through a mysterious and super-quick pregnancy and nobody seems to bat much of an eye about it can't be a coincidence.

I think this might be taking elements from The Vision and the Scarlet Witch 1985 series. Read what happens in issues 3 and 4 of that series. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Vision_and_the_Scarlet_Witch_Vol_2_3 https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Vision_and_the_Scarlet_Witch_Vol_2_4
edit: On further glance, the pregnancy wasn't short in that series.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jan 22, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Considering a casting spoiler I hope Evan Peters turns out to be playing Speed and not Quicksilver just for the surprise factor

How many Vision/Scarlet Witch stories has this show been pulling from? It seems like so far it's been House of M, The Vision and The Scarlet Witch (1985), and Vision (2015).

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Yes, it's a stylised version of the logo for SWORD, a sister agency of (obviously) SHIELD in the comics. We also saw it on the toy helicopter and beekeeper guy and the control room from the first 2 eps.

What about Agnes's necklace? It looks like 3 people with the middle one holding a scythe. I'd guess Agatha, Grim Reaper, and either Mephisto or Nick Scratch. However, I haven't read many stories with those characters so I don't know much about them.

Desperado Bones posted:

I have all my money on Hydra doing something to control her. Although I'm also considering Swarm as other goons said. They are using too many hexagons in their intros. He probably is working for Hydra?

I think that actor is a few years older than Elizabeth Olsen...so it would be a hella weird casting.

It'd be weird but this show is already weird and Evan Peters could get away with playing someone in their 20s. It's not the most solid idea but it'd be fun.

GPTribefan posted:

Some elements or themes from Avengers Disassembled, as well as some of John Byrne’s West Coast Avengers run.

Thanks

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 22, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

This episode was fantastic. I'm really curious how this show is going to end. Dream Scenario we get a Jackman Wolverine temporarily pulled into the MCU for DS2 hook at the end. It's unlikely to happen but it'd be cool if it did.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Have animals/bugs only shown up in Westview around intruders? There was the stork around Monica in the first episode and the bees around the beekeeper/SWORD agent in episode 2. Am I missing any? Are animals/bugs some kind of warning system about outsiders? edit: I guess there is also the Rabbit in the second episode.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

At least one, potentially 3 major leaks are out/starting to come out for the show. Please don't post them here or if you do put a warning outside the spoiler tag. I accidentally saw one but won't make any reference to it in here.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Ignis posted:

I dunno about the bigger spoilers, but there's already official trailers with Wanda and Vision's Halloween costumes

The bigger ones were def not in any trailers I saw, be warned.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

bentacos posted:

Chiklis as Ben Grimm

Unreleased Fantastic Four movie cast.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Karla Soften AKA Moonstone is a therapist. I am am thinking she'll be the villain of Captain Marvel 2 so a good place to introduce her and set in that she desires powers.

That's a good guess but I feel like with the way it's kind of being hyped up, it's going to be a character that would be familiar to movie watchers.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If WandaVision wanted to go with a real fun twist, I wish it would be the following Have Michael Fassbender show up in the final episode to rescue Wanda near the end. At one point briefly have him seem to move metal objects with his mind. After he leaves with Wanda, the last scene of the show reveals this isn't Magneto from the Fox Universe, it's MCU Doctor Doom. The metal that was moved by him eariler was due to science or magic. I know they'd never do something this insane but it would own so much.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

zoux posted:

I'll note that Olsen didn't say "there will be a cameo on par with the Mandalorian", the interviewer was like "Oh are there any surprises in store, like with Luke" and she was like "oh, yeah." So I'd moderate my expectations and not expect Iron Man and Steve Rogers to drop in.

I think people are more hyped because of Bettany's comment about an actor he's always wanted to work with showing up as a surprise that hasn't leaked. Her comment/the story on it came later so some people are probably combining the two stories/actor's comments for their speculation.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

That episode might be the best yet. Great balance of sitcom, outside the bubble, and sitcom gone wrong/creepy.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If there is a big surprise coming later in the series I think it will be one of the following characters: Magneto (either version), Prof X (either version), MCU Doctor Doom, MCU Doctor Strange, Fox Wolverine, MCU Wonder Man, MCU Reed Richards, MCU Quicksilver (raised from the dead), or Tobey Spider-Man. I feel like expecting one of any of these characters is setting myself up for disappointment except for Strange.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

Spoilers for this episode, Vision asking Wanda where the kids are was the creepiest moment in the MCU so far I think (not a high bar tbf) and a very good question. Since I doubt they're going to have a character be responsible for a bunch of kids dying or disappearing, I wonder how they're gonna explain them coming back or whatever when this series ends.

Spoiler from something I noticed in the previews
there are a bunch of kids running around trick or treating in the halloween episode so I think what happened to the town's kids will be solved within the next episode or two

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh gently caress yes, the best X-man is back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NefSYpuIRoY

This show is giving me everything I want.

He filmed that scene over 17 days doing all his own stunts.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Sir Nose posted:

Legion has been mentioned a few times now...

I loved Legion season 1, couldn't binge it fast enough. But then a few episodes into season 2, I completely lost interest in it. I can't articulate what happened because I'm not sure myself, but over the course of just a couple of episodes, I was like- I've had enough of this, this sucks.

So, any reason to go back and try again?

Apologies for the (hopefully minor) derail...

I would finish Legion, when it's great it's really great. There probably won't be anything near it's tone from a Marvel X-Men property for a decade or more.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

lomzus posted:

Patrick Stewart has already said that Feige asked him about coming back and he turned it down.

https://twitter.com/screenrant/status/1353742106314080260

Sometimes actors lie about roles with the MCU. While I don’t think he is, it’s always possible.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

The problem with time travel in Endgame is now I'm just wondering why they didn't go back in time to get Vision. The technology still exists.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

enki42 posted:

Jennifer Lawrence seemed like she was increasingly done with Mystique with each successive X-Men movie, I don't think she'd be super interested. Also I could see Mystique in particular as a character that they'd want to start fresh with, there's a lot of background characterization with that version of her that might be too much to incorporate into the MCU.

Fassbender or McAvoy would both be great, and probably plausible in terms of star power (for eventual movies, I doubt we'd see either on Wandavision).

From the commentaries of the later prequel X-Men films, it seemed like her main problem was the makeup but found everything else fun.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I think the aerospace engineer might be Justin Hammer. He is one and this show has brought back fan favorites with Darcy and Woo already. He’d fit right in

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Ignis posted:

And also in jail

Maybe not, he was arrested 13 years ago in the MCU.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Why has SWORD not contacted an Avenger yet?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Ignis posted:

I mean I like Sam Rockwell too, but his character's too much of a douche to be friends with someone like Monica

(they should put him in anyways)

She might have been loosely using the word friend. The only thing I could think of is maybe Hammer and her met through her mom. It probably won't happen but he matches the description.

Then again, maybe one of Hulk's PhDs is in aerospace engineering.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

What Avengers are even left? Falcon, but he's off having an adventure with Winter Soldier. Spider-Man is technically an Avenger, but he's in school. Thor hosed off with the Guardians. Natasha is dead. Hawkeye probably retired and is also off having an adventure with Hailee Steinfeld.

Dr. Strange probably would be helpful, but he's not technically an Avenger. That just leaves Hulk, who admittedly probably could be helpful and they probably should call him.

Everyone at the final battle is technically an Avenger by implication due to Cap saying Avengers Assemble when backup arrived. (If Tony can declare someone part of the team in the field, so can Cap.)

This is before Far From Home. Spidey is finishing the school year. Thor would be offworld, Nat would be dead. Cap is an old man. War Machine should be around and the US gov should know how to contact him. Hawkeye probably isn't on his adventure with Steinfeld yet. Winter Soldier and Cap might be starting their adventure already, if not they should at least be able to contact Falcon. Hulk should be around somewhere. The government should know how to contact Ant-Man and Wasp. No idea if they have anyway to contact Strange.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is it possible Rhodey is the aerospace engineer? He went to the Air Force Academy and then met Tony at MIT.

If he isn't it and it's someone that's been in the MCU, I'd guess it's one of the Hulk, Justin Hammer, or Talos' daughter. Hammer and Talos' daughter could know Monica through her mom due to military connections. Hulk is less likely but he's the only other character I can think of that has a ton of degrees. Ideally, they'd be introducing us to MCU Reed here but I doubt it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Boxman posted:

Does the MCU have enough villains that lived through their movies' endings to do a Thunderbolts? Introducing a bunch of heroes then saying "TWIST they were villains" when we didn't see them be villains seems...sorta dumb.

EDIT: I actually thought about it. Zemo, Batroc, let's say Yellowjacket from Ant-Man survived, one the Damage Control guys from Homecoming, Ghost as 'the one who actually wants to go heroic'.

Sure, that's enough.

Don't highlight these spoilers unless you want to know about characters in the Hawkeye show or the Black Widow movie.

Thunderbolt Ross and Justin Hammer. I've read about at least one character cast for Hawkeye that would work Swordsmanand there is a character from Black Widow that may work but it depends on if they survive. Taskmaster

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Just going to throw this out there. Endgame is where the multiverse first was explored on camera but nobody seems to have realized it. They weren't actually time traveling but going into different universes that were very similar to the main MCU one.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Speak posted:

It was kind of a bit of both, right? The whole point of Hulk's promise to the Ancient One was that he had to return the stone specifically because it otherwise would have created a new universe with very negative consequences for it.

Those other universes continue to exist with altered history. The negative consequences of not giving back the stone to the Ancient One are Dormammu would beat Doctor Strange and rule that universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Andrew Verse posted:

Bruce borrowing the Time Stone from the Ancient One and Steve returning it doesn't create another universe because that is how that sequence of events has always happened.

Loki grabbing the Tesseract and escaping though, now that's a split universe.

Andrew Verse posted:

True, but my point is that the temporary removal of the Time Stone doesn't actually do anything because it has always happened.

Something needs to actually change, such as Loki escaping, for a split to happen.

Loki escaped in that same timeline/universe, Hulk went back to the battle of New York with the others. That is not the past of the MCU, that's a different universe.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 9, 2021