Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

People have been saying that this episode proves that Val Cooper is Mystique...

That had never occurred to me, but as soon as I saw it I realized she could just as easily be a different shape-shifter, someone as far beyond mutants as they are beyond us.

Anyway, I was really impressed with how good that episode was, for more reasons than I can really pinpoint or say why, so I hate to nitpick it, but...
since Roberto isn't out as a mutant to his family, why is he letting himself be shown on TV at the school for mutants on a TV special about mutants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

I hope Apocalypse turns out to be behind it. Not for storyline reasons as much as symbolism, because that episode evoked the book of Revelation better than anything the show has done with Apocalypse so far. I realized part of the reason I think that and appreciated the episode so much was fairly recently seeing the (horrifying) movie Come and See, which equated Revelation/The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse with Nazi genocide above all else.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think Apocalypse would send sentinels to kill a bunch of mutants. Sinister would make more sense along with Bastion.

Give it up, Beau, we know it's you. Sorry Rhonda Santis made Iger fire you.
Oh well, I didn't quite know it, but I guess I did want to see a sentinel as one of the horsemen. Maybe next year.

Music choice on this show has gotten Veronika Voss level weird and I love it.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

I cried.