Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Yeah it was really interesting. I dont think the players were that far off comparing it to Game of Thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

AsInHowe posted:

As a Christian, THAT ANALOGY DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE.

Are you saying that a game in which a pigskin is festively tossed around doesnt have parallells with Jesus being crucified?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

6 hours?! How many commercial breaks do they need?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Pershing posted:

Coach Pilate replied "you kept getting nailed on crossing routes"

Jesus runs comeback routes even better than Michael Thomas runs slants.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Belichick opened Pandora's box and all of these evil little monsters flew out and landed on other teams.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol someone found what’s probably Easterby or maybe Casserios burner

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnCPrepper98/with_replies

This a weird fucker whoever it is.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

dirty shrimp money posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnCPrepper98/status/1365033424709431298

Watson might be dug in but hard to see how anyone could be more dug in than a super religious person/organization that thinks they're right in God's eyes

That account has got to be fake/troll

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's caserio's burner.

No it's not.

It's the same as Matt Patricia's "burner"

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lmfao forever if this was Easterbys end goal. I’m not saying the allegations are lies, I’m saying Easterby tipped off the lawyer about what happened to start a process to banish Watson from the team without losing any money.

A hosed up thing to think about is what if the Texans knew about Watson's proclivities (if true) and were covering this poo poo up right up until the point where Watson demanded a trade.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

My conspiracy theory since everyone is asking for it is the Texans knew or had at least some idea that there was some dark poo poo in Watson's past as all the incidents are alleged to occur in 2020.

The Texans either were going to cover it up completely or wait until the trade was finalized to take their revenge. They always intended to trade him but wanted to give it time to drive up the price on desperate teams

Somehow Buzbe (who I don't believe has anything to do with Texans/McNairs) got wind of it in the meantime and filed suit at literally the worst time for the Texans. The timing of the suit (slightly after when the Texans said they were open to the trade) is a disaster for them. They are petty enough to leak poo poo after the trade but not before.

Thanks for reading.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

General Dog posted:

If our bedrock assumption is that the Texans are staggeringly incompetent on all fronts, the Occam's Razor answer is that they didn't know anything about what Watson was typically up to and are just as blindsided by this as everyone else.

I agree with the Occam's razor assessment but I don't know that the Texans are completely incompetent in all areas. They are incompetent in almost all matters relating to running the football team.

But it's not hard to believe Easterby, a man who is compared to a GOT character by Texans players, would keep a close eye on those he perceived to be a threat to his power or a potential liability.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

holy poo poo.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I think even Buzbe is like wtf at this point.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Watson just making Easterby look like a literal choir boy and hijacked his thread.

This series of events has to be one of the craziest things to happen all to one team.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is now the biggest story in sports and it’s still being treated like 3rd page news everywhere.

Yeah... this is loving terrible.

Intruder posted:

This also doesn't make Buzbee any less scummy because presumably he wouldn't have gone public at all if Deshaun had paid up and no one would know anything

That's what Watson or his attorney said.
I can't find where Buzbe said he offered a settlement so he actually may have been legit trying to be a voice for these women. We don't know.

What we do know tragically is that Watson is a monster.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Can anyone else believe how hosed up this got in the span of just days?

I mean....Jesus it feels like a week ago Watson was potentially going to be in like one of the biggest trades in NFL history at like 25 years old.

It's a stunning fall.
The media just doesn't get how big this is.
I think the people here get it though...

I can't believe I'm saying this but I feel genuinely bad for the Texans fans like this has got to be loving you guys up right now.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, tepper is the wealthiest owner in the NFL by a lot.

Imagine if this had come out next week and Carolina had just pulled the trigger yesterday or the day before.

I mean if that trade had gone off and this came out after that...

Carolina would go after Houston like a bunch of real-life panthers and I think the league would have to get involved.

In some ways its a blessing for the league that Houston didn't trade him.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Greetings really cool and worldly and as such I know that colleges pressure students into having sex with recruits or hire prostitutes and some massage therapist ads are actually fronts for prostitution and a lot of athletes engage sex workers and also do sexual assaults and rape. I'm really smart and cool and grown up for knowing this stuff and I'm gonna say it a lot, in here, this thread for talking about how this one specific guy has sexually assaulted at least 22 women, I'm Big Ol Marsh Pussy.

Alright that's the first laugh I've had in pages.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

nah posted:

Nah. It’ll be forgotten by the draft. Then it’ll be brought up occasionally during the next few years about how he had to face some adversity. SA is more progressive than most of society, your average fan doesn’t think this is a big deal

I mean the dude is Cosby-ing by the hour like the number of accusers is multiplying like some rpg slimes.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

quote:

I don’t think people are giving him a pass for the assault allegations,

If by "people" they are referring to the media at large that they are a part of then they pretty much are giving him a pass by refusing to report on one of the biggest stories in sports.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

JT Jag posted:

I think a lot of people are just waiting to see what the league does.

That's fine for most of us btw but not fine for the media.

By ignoring the poo poo they are being equivicating cowards picking favorites based on who they like or dislike which has long been why alot of Sports Journalism sucks.

The media doesn't even have to bother investigate this poo poo they have to be able read the complaints and maybe add 1+1 together to figure out holy poo poo there is a pattern here.
It's almost like this is obvious predatory behavior that is described/alleged in explicit detail.

Outside of the Houston metro it feels like this story hasn't even pierced the national consciousness yet.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

wyoak posted:

IDK, lots of people I know who aren't total sports geeks are talking about it here (Denver), that's totally anecdotal but the story is making the rounds, and it's on the front page of the sites I checked (espn, nbc sports, cbs sports). I guess the algos haven't amplified it enough yet though?

I mean by the time they started reporting it there had been more victims than original Pokémon but no your right they are right on top of it, nothing gets past these intrepid reporters.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Florio is being a dumb poo poo as usual. I'll be a bit contrary and say that I think Buzbee has actually done a great job here. He's kept the attention and spectacle firmly focused on him, which means he's getting a lot of the flak that would otherwise be directed at Deshaun's victims.

I think your right.
In someways Buzbe being loud and obnoxious is a feature not a bug.

I think the women that hired him are actually really smart because people will see the lawsuit filed by this crazy Trumptard who parks a tank in his front yard and expect it to be bs right up until the point they read the first complaint.

Buzbe's reputation and outrageous behavior is like a lure for people to read the complaints.

The complaints are what is devastating and perception altering and powerful.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

Depending on how quiet people who knew about it were it might not be journalistic malpractice; word of it might just never have reached a reporter's ears until suits were filed

It's not malpractice it is just incompetence. They have to care enough for it to be malpractice. They were so busy writing the hagiography of Watson because he supported all their favorite causes, that they couldn't bother to actually get to know the guy.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I guess we will see when all of the details come out but this seems like something you wouldn’t find if you weren’t specifically looking for it. I can’t really blame a journalist for not going around asking everyone they could find if Deshaun Watson is a sexual predator as part of their coverage of his support of BLM. That would raise a lot of red flags.

I'd say yeah in general, but it's a really weird disconnect or perhaps neglect that like you have the numbers of women that you do in this case, and then nothing but fawning articles in sports journalism about the guy.

And then being pretty silent about the accusations until they got so bad they had to cover them.

I mean this dead forum had way more info and analysis for weeks than what was even being reported as out there.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

Because of the specific method he used I just don't see how you can expect journalists to know if someone didn't tip them off

Ok Devil's Advocate but why wouldn't journalists worth a poo poo have sources/people to tip them off?

With 20+ women was Watson's apparatus that well set up that nothing leaked when this was happening pretty regularly?

Like people whose whole job is to be a Texans 'insider' and they are sitting there with the same wtf expression as everyone else. Its surprising how many words they wrote about him and how little they really knew.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Like imagine Easterby demanding that Watson, immediately after settling, admits it all, converts to christianity and becomes some huge jesus show horse or something

The scariest thing about this is how much sense it makes.

I hope the real Easterby doesn't read this thread.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

K8.0 posted:

Massage is not exactly a hard science,

It is for Watson

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

As much as I want to poo poo on Florio I can't say he's not covering this pretty in depth.

Also it's been on all the SAS and Bayless type shows.

really queer Christmas posted:

I assume its because media people are afraid of making a stink one way or the other and then a smoking gun comes out proving them wrong. Because journalists are cowards.

Yeah they wouldn't want to go out on 22 limbs.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Tyrod says Tuh-rod lol

Well he'd probably get more starting time if he stopped.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Based on that depth chart I think it will be very smart for the Texans to run the football and not try to do much else.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ok that's kind of nuts to have Watson take up a roster spot.

Are they really that worried him in the exempt list will tank his trade value?

I think the exempt list is something the NFL not the team puts you on but I love that the Texans now have this Albatross around their neck.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Yeah "Account" me in for your tweet is bullshit dude.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Play posted:

I guess I assumed that in most cases sexual criminals were mainly driven by anger and frustration at not getting laid rather than some sadistic need to take power over another person.

Stupid as gently caress to think that, honestly, now that I'm pondering it

Yes goons and highly successful celebrity athletes have vastly different motivations for sexual deviancy.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Play is actually a machine learning posting algorithm, so cut him some slack he needs more datasets.

It's true he just learned that horrible ppl committ sex assaults even if they aren't incels. You've got to let the OS go from Jelly Bean to Eclair.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

The Lady Snyder is the best because she's such a Protector of the Shield

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

King Hong Kong posted:

Minute 25 of the 48 minute video is him saying Jesus on the cross was the greatest game ever played.

This thread definitely took a dark turn after such humourous beginnings.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Can't believe Belichick listed JC as Doubtful with stigmata and then of course he "spiritually" recovers just in time for GameDay.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

I heard on NFL radio they are talking about fining him too. What would that look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

The greatest game ever played was when the romans cast lots for Jesus' stuff.