Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

FizFashizzle posted:

Not sure I do.

This guy is rich as poo poo. What does a sub 1 million dollar settlement do for him?

Are you kidding? It gets him more money. You think rich people aren't greedy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The first lawsuit mentioned punitive damages so the $500 is kind of irrelevant. Although obviously if it's all true then that sucks for the jane does.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/status/1372628399844438017?s=21

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Goodness, nine women. For fucks sake watson. Also don't read the replies.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

yikes

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I guess we'll find out.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1372652635178868750

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Pershing posted:

I wonder if this doesn't diminish his trade value but just changes what teams would trade for him.

steelers dialing in

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Waiting on that "Texans release embattled QB Deshaun Watson" tweet

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

dirty shrimp money posted:

Waiting on that "Texans release embattled QB Deshaun Watson" tweet

I wonder if he has a conduct clause in his contract that would allow them to void guaranteed money.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wonder if he has a conduct clause in his contract that would allow them to void guaranteed money.

Lmfao forever if this was Easterbys end goal. I’m not saying the allegations are lies, I’m saying Easterby tipped off the lawyer about what happened to start a process to banish Watson from the team without losing any money.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm still catching up but man this is all really hosed up and I don't think anybody comes out of this looking good

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lmfao forever if this was Easterbys end goal. I’m not saying the allegations are lies, I’m saying Easterby tipped off the lawyer about what happened to start a process to banish Watson from the team without losing any money.

A hosed up thing to think about is what if the Texans knew about Watson's proclivities (if true) and were covering this poo poo up right up until the point where Watson demanded a trade.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

pasaluki posted:

A hosed up thing to think about is what if the Texans knew about Watson's proclivities (if true) and were covering this poo poo up right up until the point where Watson demanded a trade.

But then you trade him first and then leak the info so your new draft picks get even better.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why not just trade him then. You still don’t lose any more money and get massive assets in return.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

Why not just trade him then. You still don’t lose any more money and get massive assets in return.

Because the team is now a cult and you don’t get to leave the cult.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

shyduck posted:

I'm still catching up but man this is all really hosed up and I don't think anybody comes out of this looking good

There are a lot of turns this could take and they're all pretty terrible so I'm gonna try not to think about this one too much.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Diva Cupcake posted:

I was under the impression that if they traded him this year the dead cap money would be massive for the Texans.

edit: this Watson stuff should probably have its own thread as it’s barely related to my favorite jesus man Jack Easterby

b0ng fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 18, 2021

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The biggest reason I believe in the whole settlement offer story is the time frame. If you forget about the Texans and just think about the suit as the time when Watson has the most incentive to not have this poo poo hit the news, It's more or less a day after the story broke. The night before this became public there were multiple credible tweets saying that the deal with Carolina was basically over.

Other than right before he signs his mega deal that's probably the most vulnerable Watson is to a publicity hit and so he would have had the most motivation to settle.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

AsInHowe posted:

where do the Texans move to, now that LA has two teams? St. Louis?
Oklahoma City

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Oklahoma City

Send the Seahawks to Oklahoma City and move the Texans to Omaha Nebraska

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
This is how the NFL gets a team in London.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

b0ng posted:

I was under the impression that if they traded him this year the dead cap money would be massive for the Texans.

edit: this Watson stuff should probably have its own thread as it’s barely related to my favorite jesus man Jack Easterby

This should just be a general Texans Shitshow thread

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ches Neckbeard posted:

This should just be a general Texans Shitshow thread

Yeah the maelstrom has grown and encompassed everything within the team now.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Imagine what this must be like if you're like their second string linebacker or something. Just some normal dude on his rookie Deal watching all this poo poo go down. You've got two years left on your contract. Your quarterback who wants out may be a serial rapist, The most powerful man in the organization is a dime store huckster, your coach isn't able to talk about the weather without answering questions about who is quarterback is going to be. All your family is asking you what the gently caress is going on and you're like "dude I've just been on zoom calls I have no idea."

Has to be a trip.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Yeah I don't foresee a happy ending for anybody in this mess.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Imagine what this must be like if you're like their second string linebacker or something. Just some normal dude on his rookie Deal watching all this poo poo go down. You've got two years left on your contract. Your quarterback who wants out may be a serial rapist, The most powerful man in the organization is a dime store huckster, your coach isn't able to talk about the weather without answering questions about who is quarterback is going to be. All your family is asking you what the gently caress is going on and you're like "dude I've just been on zoom calls I have no idea."

Has to be a trip.

I remember thinking something similar during the Vick case

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

General Dog posted:

Yeah I don't foresee a happy ending for anybody in this mess.

This was the source of the problem.

Nov 6, 2002

b0ng posted:

I'm sure they'd much rather have like 4 first round picks and dead money this year than no QB, no draft picks and no dead money.

The Texans being involved in this makes no sense.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'm sure they'd much rather have like 4 first round picks and dead money this year than no QB, no draft picks and no dead money.

The Texans being involved in this makes no sense.

The Texans insisting they're not trading him and taking no offers doesn't make sense and neither does handing the team over to lovely preacher. Rich people being unqualified and vindictive to what should be their own detriment is down right presidential.

The world is so dumb that it's plausible.

Nov 6, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Texans insisting they're not trading him and taking no offers doesn't make sense

Of course it does. Why would you announce your intention of getting rid of a player and decrease your leverage? Not to mention if they thought they could still convince him to stay announcing he's available for trade would not help.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Well hi there Tytus Howard. I’m sure this will go well:

https://twitter.com/levelstothis_2/status/1372667547342999553?s=21

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Of course it does. Why would you announce your intention of getting rid of a player and decrease your leverage?

What leverage? I'm being serious. It's a matter of time till it happens (or was). Just sitting on him and hoping he breaks isn't a great plan when you'll get the most return before the season especially before the draft.

Vulgarian
Oct 2, 2011
I don’t think there’s a single scenario that doesn’t completely tank the Texans fanbase. It’s impressive that Cal McNair managed that. A football franchise is basically the equivalent of knighthood in the United States, and Cal’s going to try his best to lose one.

FWIW, I don’t think it’s worth trying to think of the Texans as ‘rational’. The situation reads like cult. Cult’s can be both evil, and their detractors also be evil fuckups.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FizFashizzle posted:

:lol:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

BOOO

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

FizFashizzle posted:

Fuuuuuck :golfclap:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

But then you trade him first and then leak the info so your new draft picks get even better.

Yeah I've spent all day wondering if I can express how agog I am that the Texans managed to turn "hold on to your disgruntled star too long and tank his trade value," already a bad story, into a horror show, without seeming like I'm making light of sexual assault

The second we were 24-0 against the Chiefs will probably represent the high point of this franchise until the 2030s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fast cars loose anus posted:

The second we were 24-0 against the Chiefs will probably represent the high point of this franchise until the 2030s

Just in time for the stadium lease to come up!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

b0ng posted:

Well hi there Tytus Howard. I’m sure this will go well:

https://twitter.com/levelstothis_2/status/1372667547342999553?s=21

Pretty sure there are!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

If the Texans had just traded him two days ago for a king's ransom they'd look like geniuses now.