Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Kind of a bad look that they are respecting his wishes tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They usually reserve that to stop COVID

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I feel like Easterby will get more crazy as he gets more power and becomes more paranoid he will lose it.

That’s how these things tend to go

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well I mean him burning the bridge is quite a bit different than trying to pretend Bill was completely against the guy who turned out to be insane

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

surely even the most incompetent mcnair recognizes that this isn’t even kinda sorta how you run a business

But it is how you run a monarchy and that’s more fun

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nah it’s actually funny the evangelicals have sold out so much they are basically along for the ride now.

Trump showed how far they have fallen in actually dictating versus just rubber stamping

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Knowing football it might be easier to make money fielding a poo poo team

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I want more medieval politics so Easterby declares himself coach only to get counter couped by the assistant coach.

Go full war of the roses

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah there is something really sad that your franchise is getting owned by a guy in a position I’m pretty sure only exists in kindergarten classes

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I think the problem is assuming Jack wants a good team rather than a little fiefdom

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Is he still a character coach.

Because that being a title is still crazy to me

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I don't doubt that DeShaun dislikes Cal but my impression as a casual outsider was that it's more about how poorly Houston has managed it's assets (and rightly, he doesn't want to waste his physical prime on an awful team) is that not correct?

The thing that started this was him getting iced out of the coaching search after being promised input

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah Easterby is pretty racist but this would have happened if like Josh Allen was QB

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean if your a burner you absolutely should post through it. Stopping basically confirms it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kaep was good enough and this off-season shows how much a competent QB is valued

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He was 100% in the top 15 that’s some radical revisionism

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

There was a pretty solid argument he wasn’t. No point in revisiting the subject of Kaep imo at this point because either way it doesn’t have an effect on Watson.

That’s true but I think people are way overestimating how many competent QBs are in the league at any one time. 20-25 is way to high

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

molestrios posted:

Well that and he actually wants to play football and not use it as his own personal platform for hyperwoke bullshit. Huge difference.

What Watson was on the BLM train which is the exact same one Kaep was on at that time

It was a point of conflict before Easterby became the center of everything

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The browns are incompetent but they were never this

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Probably the best answer to go with honestly.

Though these types of cases tend to become character assassination pieces so we will see how that goes

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Especially in this case where unless the dude has a bombshell waiting it will be a she said he said thing. That leaves a lot of whiggle room for the flexibile regardless of outcome

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Phobeste posted:

Thirteen million terminal cspam brains zipping in to say WHAT IF THERE'S A CONSPIRACY like those star wars guys asking if there's a points threshold for halftime

Do you think CSPAM is gonna support the sports boy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ah your just kind of weird

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean we already know that colleges use college girls as prospect bait so realistically this is nothing new

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

What the gently caress does this even mean

That schools use college girls and women in general when trying to woo prospects.

Have you seriously never heard of this extremely common thing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2328217-perception-reality-and-the-role-of-college-football-recruiting-hostesses

5 years ago but after 2020 who can blame folks for having a poor memory and forgetting it. How is this comparable, though?

I should have quoted the post but I was replying to saying what did Dabo know.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Phobeste posted:

No see I'M really cool and worldly and as such I know that colleges pressure students into having sex with recruits or hire prostitutes and some massage therapist ads are actually fronts for prostitution and a lot of athletes engage sex workers and also do sexual assaults and rape. I'm really smart and cool and grown up for knowing this stuff and I'm gonna say it a lot, in here, this thread for talking about how this one specific guy has sexually assaulted at least 22 women

This is a weird thread to do whatever it is your doing here. Not every thread has to be about you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

good podcast

dabo fuckin threaded that needle

Yeah honestly it’s a pretty good response from Dabo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean if he has some evidence it would but saying they totally did this trust me is.....not very convincing

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

This guy is supposedly really good but maybe he went full Rudy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It should be stated apparently the copy she produced was completely blank. Which is weird.

I’m not sure what the point of doing that is

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Mar 26, 2021

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean the dude clearly has a fetish and it’s whatever the gently caress that is

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Woah SI doing some journalism

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah you aren’t seeing anything for a civil suit.

Maybe a year or two you will get a juicy comeback story about how he’s grown and its all on the past now

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah I don’t think you can blame Sports media for not seeing this coming.

Hell SI doing some research once it came out was honestly more than I would expect

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I think it’s more likely this dude sees this as a way to become a celebrity and is trying to be cute for that purpose.

Which is not good for his plaintiffs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

There is no real reason. As things aren’t going to be meaningfully different if you do it at some later date

Plus you know he said he was gonna do it then backtracked

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

How....how did he think that would work.

I don’t assault everyone I meet isn’t as airtight as you would think

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I’m not even sure how that makes sense, if Watsons lawyer was smart would that mean he’s innocent?

I get the urge to own goons but it’s got to make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It’s probably his account but being the guy who knows it isn’t unlike the tubes is the thing people love to be