Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Apparently zero shot Miami gets Watson because why not so gently caress where does he go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

https://phinphanatic.com/2021/01/14/deshaun-watson-will-not-be-a-miami-dolphins-quarterback-next-season/ If Dolphins fans' reasoning for why there's no chance they get him is really "cap is definitely real (ignore how it hasn't stopped the Saints for the last decade)" and "they gave Tua a pinky promise", :lmao: there's absolutely a chance they get him

Where did you get either of these things from my post

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Okay i love the Texans now

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy shitttttt Houston

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Those bullet points are hilarious lol he’s saying the same exact thing multiple times.

This dude makes 500k a year+ and he’s rocking college level presentations

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good god what’s his title? That’s more than most GMs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The more I read up on this dude, the more blown away I am.

Man, just... does anyone know how he got his initial start into the league circles?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

indigi posted:

afaik they can only go after a pro-rated amount of it based on how many actual games you hold out

Yup

Any money he already had been paid is his. They will obviously sue him but he’s still sitting pretty with all that cash.

He can absolutely afford to wait them out. I guess they technically can, too... but who knows. Game of chicken.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

I'm increasingly of the view he's getting Kaep'd out of the league by pissy owners if he actually holds out.

No way. Too many owners want that asset.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

He was 100% in the top 15 that’s some radical revisionism

There was a pretty solid argument he wasn’t. No point in revisiting the subject of Kaep imo at this point because either way it doesn’t have an effect on Watson.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 26, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Five owners (ish) have a chance of trading him, 27 are petrified of and and furious at the idea that a player might beat the system. None of the big owners are in play for trading for him.

That we know of. I feel youre overestimating the current owners.

He won’t get blackballed.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

molestrios posted:

Well that and he actually wants to play football and not use it as his own personal platform for hyperwoke bullshit. Huge difference.

Lol what on earth

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

is this an rg3 rereg or lordwafflebeard?

That sentence is far too coherent for RG3.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wonder what his discord username is

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ve got good news about the lack of draft capital buddy. You can turn that team into the Nick Caserio Project reallllll quick

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They’re filed every single day. They’re extremely common because the average person is very stupid.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And... SCENE. Cut.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Metapod posted:

Yall don't have to dive head first into an opinion here so you can be smug if you are right. You can just wait until the details are more clear.

This post should be the background of TFF whenever there's a criminal or civil accusation involving athletes, imo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good god some of these timelines are insane. A lot are much more recent than you’d expect

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The timelines are just insane. It’s like he was doing this to a new person every other weekend

I wish that attention seeking attorney would just expand on his communication with the HPD

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Q_res posted:

I think it's safe to say, the only galaxy brain move here is opting not to jump on the settlement offer. Because, holy poo poo, that would have been a good idea.

The attorney did say that they wanted the exposure more than the money, and I don’t believe he’s openly said they requested a settlement from Watson (which would obviously directly contradict the earlier statement) so you’ve only got Watson saying they tried to get money out of him. After the first accusation. When everyone was still pretty much “yeah... but let’s see her evidence” and now you’ve got a flood of professionals saying they’ve experienced the same thing. In the next context, I’m inclined to think Watson fabricated the settlement offer

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why are we assuming he started this in 2020 at this point?

No one is. We’re simply extrapolating the pattern based on the filings. For all anyone knows he’s been doing this for a while although it’d be odd if he randomly just started up this behavior so you’d expect at least one of the 22 is prior to 2020.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

That schools use college girls and women in general when trying to woo prospects.

Have you seriously never heard of this extremely common thing

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2328217-perception-reality-and-the-role-of-college-football-recruiting-hostesses

5 years ago but after 2020 who can blame folks for having a poor memory and forgetting it. How is this comparable, though?

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 20, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Snitches lose their tips in the tebow gang

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There’s a manager for her too, so that’s another witness.

Watson is toast. Good lord, this really took SUCH a hard turn... what was he doing before this Instagram / masseuse predatory poo poo. You know he didn’t just go from good dude to rapist.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah to me... it became way more about the criminal charges

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

PupsOfWar posted:

i think it is considered bad practice to open a competing/redundant case to suits that have already been brought for the same thing

like if you were one of the women and tried hiring some different lawyer, that lawyer would probably just tell you to join the existing case since buzzbee has already been putting together the resources, files, and paperwork

within the same jurisdiction i don't know if the judicial system would even hear both cases

... what state is this? What? Thats literally a constitutional violation lmao explain more now

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

PupsOfWar posted:

Well, why have a lot of the high-profile multi plaintiff #metoo cases been handled this way, then

If there is no legal reason for it, there must be a practical reason, such as the first attorney to file having all the info and paperwork together already

Oh so blind conjecture is your precedent.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

PupsOfWar posted:

cosby, weinstein

many plaintiffs sharing an attorney seems to be the done thing in cases like this

I mean, Gloria Allred didn’t even represent everyone so nope this isn’t right either.

Take a knee. Hit the showers.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
(Don’t actually punch the showers)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well I was discussing Weinstein for one.

And how exactly does it not? Because this was your original claim

quote:

within the same jurisdiction i don't know if the judicial system would even hear both cases

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Pups my friend there’s a huge mountain of difference between “huh it sure seems like a lot of the plaintiffs in these cases use the original filing attorney. Must be easier on paperwork” vs completely fabricated statements like “most attorneys will tell you to go to the other lawyer”

There are like 4-5 attorneys (myself included) that post here so it was especially funny.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Okay sure.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The only time I’ve seen the common man at FH (50s, from south Florida, mad at the world) defend Watson was against these women so... i can’t imagine what PFT comments look like

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Despera posted:

Hardins such a poo poo lawyer and its not hard to figure out who the accusers are when they loving set an appointment and billing at a specific date/time.

Wait - just to clarify - you want the defense to guess who the accusers are?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

I know nothing about civil law, are the plaintiffs obligated to share anything at all before showing up in court?

Or rather is it common practice to do so before you're forced to? It'll all come out eventually, I just don't know if they usually share at least some things early to speed the process along.

Anyway Magary wrote a thing if anyone's interested.

Yes, you absolutely are. Think about it - what are some of your basic rights? You get to face your accuser. Presumption of innocence.

The process is known as discovery. It’s a media/Hollywood myth that there are smoking guns in court. You can’t introduce new evidence without opposing counsel having an opportunity to process and review.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I imagine Texas has a pretty similar schedule to Florida, right?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Every single one of Watsons best legal moves going forward are going to seem brutal

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

His lawyer is going to drag each woman through the mud. Every one is going to be painted as if they are doing this just to chase a paycheck, and that any interactions with Watson were discussed before and after and parties at the time agreed they were all consensual.

It's going to be some of the worst victim blaming poo poo we've ever seen, and it tragically might work depending on what evidence Watson has to support his argument.

^

They’re going to immediately try to discredit them, no matter what, starting from
“they don’t exist” literally to
“ they don’t exist” they’re not victims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So Watson just thought that this method of convincing women to come over for money then eventually talking them into a handjob was like some sort of predator lifehack?

He was seriously averaging one per 14-15 days.