Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Since no one else is willing to post the thread I guess I will

Drew McIntyre (c) vs. AJ Styles (with Omos) Singles Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match for the WWE Championship[27]
"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (with Alexa Bliss) vs. Randy Orton Singles match[28]
Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Asuka and Lana Tag team Tables match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship[29]
Roman Reigns (with Paul Heyman) (c) vs. Kevin Owens Singles Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match for the WWE Universal Championship[30]
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Carmella Singles Chairs match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship[31]
The New Day (Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) (c) vs. The Hurt Business (Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin) Tag team Stairs match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship[32]

quote:

The show will comprise matches that result from scripted storylines, where wrestlers portray heroes, villains, or less distinguishable characters in scripted events that build tension and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches. Results are predetermined by WWE's writers on the Raw and SmackDown brands,[9][10] while storylines are produced on WWE's weekly television shows, Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown.[11]

At Survivor Series, Team Raw (AJ Styles, Keith Lee, Sheamus, Braun Strowman, and Riddle) defeated Team SmackDown in the men's 5-on-5 Survivor Series elimination match without any member of their team being eliminated.[12] The following night on Raw, WWE official Adam Pearce said that one of Team Raw's members would get a WWE Championship match against Drew McIntyre at TLC and allowed each to state their case. Last was Strowman, who became enraged over Pearce's use of the phrase "last but not least" and attacked Pearce; Strowman was suspended indefinitely. Former WWE Champion Randy Orton, who wanted a rematch after losing the title to McIntyre on Raw the previous week, and United States Champion Bobby Lashley, who was the only Raw champion to win their Champion vs. Champion match at Survivor Series, each individually confronted Pearce backstage and also stated their cases. Pearce scheduled three singles matches for that night, with the winners of each facing off in a triple threat match the following week to determine the number one contender. Riddle, Lee, and Styles advanced to the triple threat match by defeating Sheamus, Lashley, and Orton, respectively.[13] Styles subsequently won the triple threat match to face McIntyre for the WWE Championship at TLC in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match.[14][15]

After winning the WWE Championship from Drew McIntyre at Hell in a Cell on October 25,[16] Randy Orton appeared on Alexa Bliss' talk show "A Moment of Bliss" on the following night's Raw—several weeks beforehand, Bliss aligned herself with "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt. During the segment, Bliss referenced Orton's past rivalry with Wyatt at WrestleMania 33 in 2017. McIntyre then came out and attacked Orton until the lights went out. When they returned, Wyatt's alter ego The Fiend was standing behind Orton on the entrance ramp while McIntyre stood in the ring. McIntyre continued to brawl with Orton while The Fiend departed.[17] Wyatt would continue to threaten and attack Orton over the next few weeks; Orton also lost the WWE Championship back to McIntyre on the November 16 episode of Raw.[18][14] The following week, The Fiend caused Orton to lose an opportunity to regain the title.[13] Orton then appeared once again on "A Moment of Bliss", claiming to know The Fiend's weakness as Bliss herself.[14] Orton was subsequently scheduled to face The Fiend at TLC.[19] Before the event, however, Orton challenged Wyatt's cheery Firefly Fun House persona to a match on the December 7 episode of Raw, which ended in a no-contest after the lights went out and The Fiend appeared and choked out Orton with the Mandible Claw.[15]

On the September 14 epsiode of Raw, after the team of Lana and Natalya lost a tag team match, WWE Women's Tag Team Champions Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler appeared and Jax performed a Samoan drop on Lana through an announce table.[20] Over the next nine weeks, Jax repeatedly put Lana through an announce table. Also during this time, Natalya ceased teaming with Lana. On the October 12 episode, Lana won a battle royal by last eliminating Natalya to earn a Raw Women's Championship match against Asuka.[21] The title match took place the following week, which Lana lost. Following the match, Jax put Lana through an announce table once more.[22] On the October 26 episode, Lana won a fatal four-way match to win a spot on the women's team for Team Raw at Survivor Series,[17] where Lana emerged as the sole survivor after being ordered to not take part in the match by her teammates, which included Jax and Baszler.[12] The following night on Raw, Lana was granted another Raw Women's Championship match against Asuka, but the match ended in a no-contest after Jax and Baszler interfered. This resulted in an impromptu non-title tag team match where Lana and Asuka defeated Jax and Baszler.[13] The following week, Lana and Asuka defeated the champions once more in another non-title match.[14] Jax and Baszler were subsequently scheduled to defend the Women's Tag Team Championship against Lana and Asuka at TLC.[19]

Ever since making his return to WWE and winning the Universal Championship at Payback, Roman Reigns began referring to himself as the "Tribal Chief" and the "Head of The Table" of the Anoa'i family. Reigns' cousin Jey Uso joined Reigns after Reigns defeated him at Hell in a Cell.[16] Differences then grew between Jey and Kevin Owens, who had both earned a spot on the men's team for Team SmackDown at Survivor Series; Team SmackDown ultimately lost.[12] On the following SmackDown, Reigns lambasted Jey for the loss, stating that the other members of Team SmackDown did not respect Jey, and in turn, they did not respect Reigns or their family. This enraged Jey and during that episode's main event match between himself and Owens, Jey got himself intentionally disqualified by attacking Owens with a steel chair. Owens retaliated and performed multiple stunners on Jey and then called out Reigns.[23] The following week, Owens challenged Reigns to a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match for the Universal Championship at TLC, which Reigns accepted.[24]

For several weeks, vignettes of a mystery woman claiming to be "untouchable" were shown on episodes of SmackDown. Following a five-month hiatus, Carmella was revealed as the mystery woman on the October 2 episode and reverted back to being a heel.[25] She did not have any physical confrontations until the November 6 episode when she appeared and attacked SmackDown Women's Champion Sasha Banks after Banks had successfully defended her title.[26] Over the next two weeks, Carmella continued her attacks on Banks, but Banks returned the favor on the November 27 episode, attacking Carmella during her backstage vignette.[23] The following week, a title match between the two was scheduled for TLC.[24]

Should be a hell of a show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Since no one else is willing to post the thread I guess I will

I get the feeling that it's just as much a case of a lot of people not being aware that there's one on to begin with.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Its next week apparently?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Croc posted:

Its next week apparently?

No it's definitely tonight I posted the thread.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

MassRafTer posted:

No it's definitely tonight I posted the thread.

WWE doesn't work that way MassRafTer!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I don't know who to believe any more.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i said i was posting the thread

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seth Rollins posted:

i said i was posting the thread

Sorry you can get the next one!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Guys I looked it up, went to Wikipedia and everything, and the show is next week. I think MassRafter is trying to be funny or something.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the pre-show is very funny

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
booker t is saying what we're all thinking

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

do not pretend there is a wwe show tonight. it is illegal

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TLC stands for Talltales, Lies and Childishfibs

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
that was a wild match. honorable mention

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Seth Rollins posted:

Nth'ing this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seth Rollins posted:

I am going MOTYC

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Seth Rollins posted:

Honestly didn't predict Ishii running in to take out The Drifter

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Can't wait for Ishii to be banished to Main Event with Keith Lee!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

For anyone who is tuning in late this didn't happen it was the Fiend vs Randy Orton match that was great.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

:gonk: Why?? There's no fans, you don't have to do these crazy bumps

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010
That R-Truth/Tozawa 24/7 title backstage skit was actually pretty good. R-Truth pulling down his santa beard and winking at the camera before the roll-up pin made me laugh.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Lana push is working.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you told me I'd be watching Lana and Nia put on an absolute hard-hitting strong style clinic I'd have called you crazy, but here we are.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

If you told me I'd be watching Lana and Nia put on an absolute hard-hitting strong style clinic I'd have called you crazy, but here we are.

If I'm going to be technical I think it was more inspired by King's Road style, lot of 90's All Japan stuff in there.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

drat, WWE is better than TJPW now, time to wrap it up folks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this loving company

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Roman just now: :whatfor:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lol at following that with the stupidest segment i've ever seen

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Can’t believe the steps to the ring weigh 1200 pounds these days, but WWE keeps upping the ante. A dangerous PPV

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

gently caress he's killing himself for a comedy segment

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Pretty certain after tonight no one can deny Michael Cole as the best commentary guy in wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Feel bad for everyone who wouldn't get off their high horse to enjoy this show.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Wow, seriously, Corey? Can we fire this guy already?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
this may be a hot take, but i am not a fan of accused rapist, Matt Riddle. his new t-shirt, though? major fan, i'm buying two.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Holy poo poo that The Fiend match:eyepop:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/FiendWWE/status/1338220195597389826

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-607OwI4gPo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
THAT FINISH

:allbuttons:

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

You guys do know you don't have to watch this, right

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

LOL. loving incredible. Don't know why I expected them to follow through, but that was pathetic. See you all next week for the PPV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CarlCX posted:

You guys do know you don't have to watch this, right