Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
So what's everyone doing for crimbo holibobs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Probably self isolating with lots of alcohol. Pretty much doing what ive been doing most of the year, this time with fairy lights

Same, but with a bit of baking to kill time

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Unknown at this time

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Woofer posted:

Thread has had more action in like half a day than the entire Abu Dhabi weekend.

Shameful formula 1 “fans” itt

At time of posting 1.7 million people watched the SIX MINUTES of 'highlights' FOM put together for a dead rubber race in which absolutely nothing happened

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Also official worst thread dog Poppy died during the season and I'm still sad about it and I can't even get out to Spain for Christmas to cuddle the other three very good dogs.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
3 posts short of 500 and I didn't even live post this year. Truly I belong in the worst thread.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rebus posted:

I guess you are part of my goon family.

It will be the most successful Williams ever and will carry Nicholas Latifi to his maiden WDC.

Shock Russell move to Mercedes 2021 confirmed

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Pablo Bluth posted:

That's Schumacher guy isn't very good. Is he related to Ralf?

He is!

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He's been on borrowed time longer than I've been alive

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Thinking of strolls super sad and dejected “yeah” while upside down asking if he was okay still makes me laugh.

For me it's all the times his race engineer was obviously done with the lovely job of watching over the boss's son's pathetic exploits

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

track day bro! posted:

lol @ tghe red bull driver program, not that Pérez doesn't deserve it tho

Well they've got Tsunoda in the b-team and Vips will probably do well out of a full F2 season

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Who?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Brass Hand posted:

Brendon Leigh.

Brendon.

Leigh.

I continue to refuse to know who that is

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

My rice cooker, a Toshiba, paused itself on 20 minutes when I did quick rice. I am unhappy. Where is my rice??

Have you considered using a pan

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

marshalljim posted:

It takes about 20 minutes to make perfect rice in a plain old pot on the stove.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I like Albon as a guy, but he's broken and won't recover. I wish him well as a Sky analyst/future Le Mans winner

Perez deserves the seat and I hope he crushes Max's spirit.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
There were rumours most years that their next car would be great. The closest they came was the 2009 car because they were one of three teams starting the season with the double diffuser. They did nothing useful with this advantage and then everyone caught up.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

daslog posted:

Who else podiums?

Both McLarens

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Phone posted:

he got into the points the first time in an F1 car right? back when they only gave up to 6th place points.

He finished 9th in his first race when they only gave up to 8th points, and then came 6th in the following race

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

the corona quid posted:

Really would love to see British people here attempt to defend their cuisine after watching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo8vR1EzSy0

Why should we need to defend this when there's vastly more youtube channels of North Americans making disgusting food?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

It's all of them

But that one obese woman's 'salad' is archetypal

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

You know the one I mean, simply something
I have no interest in spending time humouring your wilful ignorance of the many terrible American food tubers

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

track day bro! posted:

an american arguing with a brit whoos food is worse lol

But that's not what's going on. It's someone choosing to assume that a terrible British youtube cook's clearly disgusting food is representative of all British food while refusing to acknowledge that all countries including their own have terrible youtube cooks making disgusting food and all it means is that bad cooks exist all over.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I’m just asking for a YouTube link, I’ve never disputed it lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1L8x8Hifnk

Literally everything on this channel that I know you know about for a start

Beaten, and the fact that I was speaks for the fame of this famously lovely cook

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Phobeste posted:

Huffing and puffing to squeeze out this post defending the e-honor of 89 different variants of grey mush that used to be real food and 97 slight alterations on dishes stolen from other cultures in the midst of murdering and enslaving them lol

Thinking that the billionth iteration of 'all british food is awful' is a worthwhile post is equally tedious, op

I intend to make the thread borderline unreadable responding to each and every one until y'all get bored of making the same joke

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

the corona quid posted:

It’s not a joke it’s a fact that British cooking is awful 🤷🏼‍♂️

It isn't, but sure believe what you want 🤷🏼‍♂️

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Video with too many frames looks like a computer game with a filter on

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I'm willing to say Lance Stroll appears to be an ok lad for a rich kid. He can't drive for poo poo but nobody seems to want to dish any dirt on him.

Mazepin is a dangerous menace on track and a sexual predator off track and as soon as he was announced women were letting people know, even before the grope video and cover-up.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

jazzyhattrick posted:

Can we call him by his proper name please?

For the last time it's Dickeater Meatspin.

For the last time there's nothing wrong with consensual dick eating and it shouldn't be used pejoratively imho

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I will not have the good name of dick eating tarnished by being associated with a Russian pay driver and sex pest.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's not actually much different than the Toleman there but the livery really does it no favours

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
JPS is hard to beat, but the mid 2000s with Luckies on the BAR, Mild Seven on Renault and Benson&Hedges on Jordan were all some pretty good cancer stick liveries

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
MLS had major teams sponsored by pyramid schemes within the last decade

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I've been enjoying playing Crash Team Racing on my Nintendo Switch console. I'm pleased to find that my nostalgia was not in fact misplaced and it remains the best kart game.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Let's nip this in the bud:

Sir is not a name.
Sir Hamilton would only be correct if Hamilton was his given name, it's Sir Lewis.

If you need a handy way to remember, swap 'Sir' for 'Our'.

Incidentally this is also why 'Our Rossie' for Rosberg is especially egregious, even discounting his lack of Britishness and being poo poo.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

ethanol posted:

Sir Lewis or sir Hamilton is fine it’s interchangeable actually. gently caress you

Sir Hamilton is extremely wrong. It's just not correct in any way. It's not correct any more than calling Patrick Stewart 'Sir Stewart' is correct.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's just a government honour with a bunch of dumb traditions tacked on, don't waste your energy caring if you don't want to.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The list of utter shits who receive knighthoods is extensive (it's most of them). The better example would be Jimmy Savile if you really want a monster, or just about every high ranking member of the civil service and government.

The ones they give out for headlines to celebrities and people who do charity work are a distraction from the vast majority that are basically just a job perk for people who went to the same school as the Prime Minister

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Let me be the first to congratulate Sir Lewis Hamilton on his 2021 WDC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

GramCracker posted:

Did he die?

He will never be allowed to die