Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Tsaedje posted:

At time of posting 1.7 million people watched the SIX MINUTES of 'highlights' FOM put together for a dead rubber race in which absolutely nothing happened

I literally just came here to post something like that - how the gently caress did they get nearly 7 minutes of content out of that race?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Carrier posted:

does the thread have an opinion on instant pots, thinking of getting one

They're fine. Not worth the cult status. Beware the lies of literally all recipes claiming insanely quick cook times - they rarely include the time needed for the thing to pressurize.

If you eat meat/meal prep a lot - it'll be fine. If you're a vegan/vegetarian there's less of a reason to get one.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Yeah I just watched a video on pike's peak and they made it sound like you can turn up in anything gently caress it do that

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

SocksAndSandals posted:

So DAS is out for next year, but how much of an advantage did it really provide? Mercedes / Lewis still would have won without it but what time advantage was it giving merc if they ran without it?

Haven't seen much coverage of DAS other than the initial 'omg STEERING WHEEL MOVES' articles at the start of the season.

DAS was the distraction for some other engineering feat that wasn't discovered this year. Toto on that honey pot game

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

V for Vegans posted:

I’m glad I’ve finally reached the F1 right of passage of being a red Bull fan until they gently caress over a driver I like, so now who do I support instead and why is it Seb in an Aston Martin?

We're a McLaren household now.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Theophany posted:

Anywhere where meats are kept warm by lamp light and you have to queue up to be served is automatically disqualified from being classed as "decent."

Did you catch the game last night?

Did you try the Lasagna? It's my favorite.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Formula 1 is a fun distraction on the weekends.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Charles got the 'vid

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Listen I don't want to sound glib but lol they can't help it can they

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Lawrence Stroll definitely Grinded and worked for all the bread ✊

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

My understanding of Brits and their work ethic is they loving LOVE bodging about making 1 offs and 2 offs; but suggest throwing it into production and they get bored real quick.

I aspire to be that

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

ethanol posted:

F1 going for 100% herd immunity... impressive

Rest assured sooner or later Helmut always gets his way.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

lmao get a peloton you rich gently caress

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Imagine biking gross.

Rowing now that's the real sport.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Khablam posted:

Petronas is actually green

That's loving hilarious as they're terrible for the planet.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Changing the rules to artificially "inflict chaos" will result in a serious lack of chaos actually happening.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I wonder how well that paint is going to transfer over to the wall canvas...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

To whom it may concern, I'm not owned I'm not owned

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I love when Lewis wins because it's God Save the Queen and then the loving Remix of God Save the Queen: Deutschlandlied

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I like the look of the Williams...

Would suck to be a driver for them though - blue car, blue gear, blue flags all the time...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

We should run a contest where we all guess when Max is going hit the wall first this season

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Replace the wheel with a 360 controller and maybe some of these rich kids might have a chance - worked for the US Navy and Droneforce...

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Khablam posted:

lol if you don't think most people are eating insect protein by 2050
Nico is ahead of the curve

choo choo all aboard the snowpiercer

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

We finished ep 2 of DTS season 3 - is there any real reason to continue? It's pretty bad for people who actually watched the races and kept up with the stuff on the side during the season; right?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

We got through the first two seasons just fine when they aired - I dunno this just feels worse, yknow?

I think what did it for me was reading that they tried to make Lando/Carlos a rivalry??? Like what??

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

What ep is that? I'll skip to that one

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Quick question: how does someone get into watching Rally?

Is there a youtube channel that's good for it? Or are there events I can :files:?

does it work that way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I hope my Canadian friends (either I don't give a poo poo) just run Mazepin into a concrete wall