Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

No Pierre gasly confetti photo, voted 0

learnincurve posted:

New thread boy

Voted 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

learnincurve posted:

Morrison’s just substituted this...

Is that in place of the monster toad in the hole?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What a loving goober. I love seb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCi5tOKuGr4

for the op please:

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 14, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Congratulations to tony on making it into the top 15 in his short time with us

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the op from the last thread was quality

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The Lord of Hats posted:

This is my cat Tuna, judging us all from on high.

I was trying to come up with a clever way to tie this into F1 but I don’t have one.

What a weird looking dog.

The op is fine, op. Don't work about it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I like to imagine he's challenging some marshals to a fight

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Beautiful. Should be in the op

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

is de vries a mentat?

Isn't it an online university?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Aside from he fact that Hamilton was always going win both the WCC and WDC on his own this season was pretty exciting.

I'm willing to say it: f1 in 2020 was pretty good

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Theophany posted:

If that were true, why is Perez without a drive next year? :smuggo:

A lack of money, something a post brexit UK will be familiar with

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

F12021: meatspin good, mazepin bad

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

your friend wicka posted:

But enough about Diana

:captainpop:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

honestly there's a bunch of these don't look like his fault. other ones are hilariously his fault

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

madsushi posted:

Has anybody seen Max lately? Somebody ran into my fence last night, maybe he thought it was a wall and had a go.

Do you live at the track in sakhir?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Welcome to french style lockdown you London fools

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CancerCakes posted:

France just stopped all travel from UK lol - one nation can never control its borders, that's what borders are for. If you control it the border it isnt a border.

Restricting the freedom of movement was one of the reasons for brexit. They didn't expect it to be used against them.

I don't think I ever want to go back to the UK.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

track day bro! posted:

this looks like poo poo

It almost looks like he's green screened

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

WindyMan posted:

Hello, foreigners!

On Christmas Day, we are bringing Winter Heat to the SASCAR Discord! We'll be simulwatching the 2020 World Figure 8 Championship 3-Hour Enduro race. The first hour will be a one-hour pre-show featuring various Winter Heat favorite races, followed by the 4-hour replay of the live broadcast. Festivities will start at 11 a.m Pacific / 2 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. GMT on December 25. Chat will be in the new #winterheat channel.

You will need to be on Discord desktop to join the live stream. It's 5 hours if you want to watch the whole thing, which you probably will because it is Christmas and there's Covid so you are probably alone and miserable. :smith: So cheer up by watching some batshit crazy racing! :unsmith:

See this post for more info.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874931&pagenumber=3#post510988516

this sounds like fun

Sulman posted:

Do you have a competing hypothesis or are you just going to continue sucking your own dick?

Don't worry about answering, I won't see it.

stop posting michael

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f015MaNaA9M

Worth a rewatch. And then they got Keke who wrestled the hell out of that Williams too. '82 is fun, enjoy!

I really enjoy the slower battle and non-screaming commentary here

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sulman posted:

When you say slower do you mean the lack of overtaking aids like DRS? I thought it was interesting how quickly one forgets how overtaking used to be. I liked being able to see how at places like Hungary you could see the benefit of a big power difference out of the final corner, having been nose to tail around the infield.

Commentary wise I think it's an American thing that has crept into a lot of sports. British commentary was usually fairly subdued. Murray was unusual by those standards, if well-loved for it.

i literally meant slower paced, but i also like that car differences played into it as you said.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Azza Bamboo posted:

Just finished San Marino, and what an amazing climax to this tragic tale! These two drivers locked in a bitter duel over their pride and honour, as though every Italian trope had sang from the circuit and their cars to foretell that this swordfight would be to the death. Like the works of Shakespeare or the operas sang in old, there's something horribly horribly human about the spectacle, the drama, and the end of it all. I was a fool to think that this would be a boring race after Arnoux was out of the standings.

What the gently caress

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Carrier posted:

merry christmas f1 thread, lets all celebrate this joyous time by remembering when max verstappen chose to drive into a wall

Which time?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

yeah, merry christmas you broke brained idiots. 2020 shitposting was actually pretty fun

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Local sponsors and one offs are great. I want to see someone running a TERRY'S GUN EMPORIUM livery at cota or CHELTENHAM EEL CO. at silverstone

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the corona quid posted:

Québécois is the pure version of French. Everyone acknowledges this.

an unfortunate truth

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

News years honest list, thought this may be relevant in this great thread

lewis is a lot more jacked than it seems with his racing suit on

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The immortal god-emperor of racing, kept alive in his mountain fortress in Switzerland.

and the people who worship him are all morons clinging to old ideas and using technology they don't understand.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Zeta Acosta posted:

he will always live in our hearts

your heart is a vegetative state?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm jealous you all have access to these seasons. Would love to watch, they sound great.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

the corona quid posted:

Tony should be like an annual festival of celebration we have every year.

55 days long, just like last year.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

She's waiting for him to turn into a prince

lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Khablam posted:

Goons don't know what the scary big box in their kitchen does, so need ever more elaborate counter-top devices that do the same thing.
Top marks it if uses "AI fuzzy logic" to measure a binary state. The literal most stupid application of technology since juicero.

Big box thing makes the food cold. Little box thing makes hot

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tsaedje posted:

OK. Please feel free not to inform the thread if you change your mind.

No I want updates

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Best fisi moment was him dive bombing passes in monaco 2005 and people getting out of the way because they thought he was alonso lapping them

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

cgfreak posted:

Doesn't really matter whether you're ahead of, at or behind your peak when you're driving the Mercedes and a completely broken Valtteri Bottas is tour team mate.

Hamilton has said that Bottas is incredibly mentally strong. Because he has to deal with having Hamilton as a teammate.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Dangerllama posted:

The problem with modern F1 tracks is they’re effectively hundred-million dollar parking lot rally courses. CotA is one of the worst offenders, IMHO.

Have you ever tried watching a race at paul ricard?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Azza Bamboo posted:

What the hell was this San Marino race?

Senna ran out of fuel, Johannsen ran out of fuel, Prost ran out of fuel on his slowdown lap and the then 3rd place Boutsen ran out of fuel yards from the finish line, finishing the race in 3rd place by pushing it over the line. Then Prost gets DQed for being too light on the postrace.

This is mad, and I wonder if these economy runs are going to be a running theme.

The fact drivers were allowed to push their car across the line is crazy to think about in a modern context

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

button.... good?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Oh yeah, it was button that said he was going to pee in nando's seat, and did his interview after retiring from his last race drunk wasn't it? Owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Has lewis signed with merc yet?