Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I've started vaguely planning the next Rowdy Ringsports 256, which should start in a couple of months. The last one was in October 2019 running just into January, so it'll be about about 15 months between start dates.

I had a couple questions I wanted input on while planning this edition:

Do you all want graphics of the wrestlers this time? It was the biggest time sink for me and I'm not particularly good at it. If it doesn't add anything, I'd happily skip it.

How should WWE wrestlers be placed in the tournament? Should I just skip people that are pushed but obviously aren't going to get votes from anyone, like Baron Corbin? Because I might just skip these people.

Also feel free to make nominations of people that might not be obvious picks. Wrestling is even easier to access and more global than it was a year ago, so if there's people that should be considered that I might not think of, please share them. Joshi is a weak point. I've followed lucha libre & Europe less this year, but they also haven't run much.

On that note: is there any way to approach this where people with smaller profiles will be easily given better consideration? It feels like moves compilations set to lovely rock music are a thing of the past, and it's a big ask for people to check out a Go Shiozaki match when the shortest one of his great ones this year are 40 or so minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

do graphics but in paint in like 30 seconds

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

whats the rowdy ringsports 256

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Punch McLightning posted:

moves compilations set to lovely rock music are a thing of the past

keep the flame alive ;_;

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

ItohRespectArmy posted:

whats the rowdy ringsports 256

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3901228&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wrestling needs jobbers, and so does the Don't Post Puro Here 256. Baron Corbin is one of WWE's top pushed stars, and thus should be in over a guy who both doesn't have a push and would only be voted on for stuff from years before the 2019-2020 period like Ricochet.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

On that note: is there any way to approach this where people with smaller profiles will be easily given better consideration? It feels like moves compilations set to lovely rock music are a thing of the past, and it's a big ask for people to check out a Go Shiozaki match when the shortest one of his great ones this year are 40 or so minutes.

I think the rule should be anyone you think might beat Go should be excluded. More Baron Corbin and Jado, less Jon Moxley and Tetsuya Naito

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gotta put Greg in there.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

i'm so happy this is still going on

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
please include Count UWF

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

weekly font posted:

i'm so happy this is still going on

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
With the ongoing self-destruction of wwe I feel like this tournament is going to be hella diverse, and it'll be helpful if each matchup has some basic info on who these people are and what they've done recently. I don't know a Go from a Goto and I'm sure this tourney will be wild.

Fortunately you don't have to do all the work yourself, posters can argue for their favorites and explain these things when the actual matchups occur, which has happened in this tournament in past years.

This tournament always kicks rear end, and I think wwe making GBS threads itself into irrelevance will make it better, not worse.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I want Mei Suruga to beat like Seth Rollins or something crazy

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I think a nomination/de-nomination period would suffice for adding lesser knowns (which the person nominating would have to do a write-up/provide a move compilation video set to lovely buttrock) as well as removing the Baron Corbins of the world. Start with a master list based on the last tourney, whittle away inactive wrestlers/garbage choices (like Baron Corbin), and once the nomination round is up that’s the final list.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

HulkaMatt posted:

I want Mei Suruga to beat Seth Rollins at WrestleMania

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I think a nomination/de-nomination period would suffice for adding lesser knowns (which the person nominating would have to do a write-up/provide a move compilation video set to lovely buttrock) as well as removing the Baron Corbins of the world. Start with a master list based on the last tourney, whittle away inactive wrestlers/garbage choices (like Baron Corbin), and once the nomination round is up that’s the final list.

I like this idea.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

HulkaMatt posted:

I want Mei Suruga to beat like Seth Rollins or something crazy

the final will be mei suruga vs mei saint michel

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Here's the list I have.

WWE

AJ Styles
Aleister Black
Alexa Bliss
Andrade
Asuka
Bayley
Becky Lynch
Bianca Belair
Big E
Bobby Lashley
Braun Strowman
Charlotte Flair
Daniel Bryan
Drew McIntyre
Jeff Hardy
Kevin Owens
Kofi Kingston
Mustafa Ali
Otis
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Roman Reigns
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks
Seth Rollins
Shayna Baszler
Sheamus
Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)
THE FIEND
The Hurt Business (Cedric Alexander & Shelton Benjamin)
The Miz & John Morrison
Xavier Woods
The Usos

NXT

Adam Cole
Candice LeRae
Dakota Kai
Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan
Finn Balor
Io Shirai
Isaiah "Swerve" Scott
Joaquin Wilde
Johnny Gargano
Karrion Kross
Keith Lee
Kyle O'Reilly
Pete Dunne
Rhea Ripley
Roderick Strong
Shotzi Blackheart
Timothy Thatcher
Tommaso Ciampa
Toni Storm

NXT UK

Ilja Dragunov
Kay Lee Ray
Trent Seven & Tyler Bate
Walter

AEW

Abadon
Alex Reynolds & John Silver
Anna Jay
Best Friends, Chuck Taylor & Trent
Big Swole
Brian Cage
Chris Jericho
Cody Rhodes
Colt Cabana
Darby Allin
Dr. Britt Baker
Eddie Kingston
Emi Sakura
Evil Uno & Stu Grayson
FTR, Cash Wheeler & Dax Harwood
Hangman Adam Page
Hikaru Shida
Joey Janela & Sonny Kiss
Jon Moxley
Kenny Omega
Kip Sabian & Miro
Kris Statlander
Lance Archer
Matt Hardy
MJF
Mr. Brodie Lee
Nyla Rose
Orange Cassidy
Pac
Penta El Zero Miedo & Rey Fenix
Private Party, Isiah Kassidy & Marc Quen
Proud & Powerful, Ortiz & Santana
Ricky Starks
Riho
Sammy Guevara
Scorpio Sky
SCU, Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian
The Butcher & The Blade
The Hybrid 2, Angelico & Jack Evans
The Jurassic Express, Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus, & Marko Stunt
The Young Bucks, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson
Wardlow
Will Hobbs
Yuka Sakazaki

NJPW

Bushi
David Finlay
Douki
El Desperado
El Phantasmo
EVIL
G.O.D., Tama Tonga & Tonga Loa
Hiromu Takahashi
Hirooki Goto
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Jay White
Jeff Cobb
Juice Robinson
Kazuchika Okada
Kenta
Kota Ibushi
Master Wato
Minoru Suzuki
Robbie Eagles
Ryu Lee
Ryusuke Taguchi
Sanada
Shingo Takagi
Sho
Taichi
Taiji Ishimori
Tetsuya Naito
Tomohiro Ishii
Toru Yano
Will Ospreay
Yoh
Yoshi-Hashi
Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Zack Sabre Jr.

AAA

Big Mami & Nino Hamburguesa
Blue Demon Jr.
Chessman
El Hijo del Vikingo
La Hiedra
LA Park
Lady Shani
Laredo Kid
Los Jintes del Aire (Myzteziz Jr. & Octagon Jr.)
Los Mercernarios (El Texano Jr. & Rey Escorpion)
Mr. Iguana
Nuevo Poder del Norte (Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr., & Tito Santana)
Pagano
Psycho Circus (Monster Clown, Murder Clown< & Psycho Clown)

All Japan

Daisuke Sekimoto
Jake Lee
Kento Miyahara
Naoya Nomura
Shotaro Ashino
Violent Giants, Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa
Zeus

CMLL

Caristico
El Soberano Jr.
La Sangre Dinamita (Cuatrero, Forastero, & Sanson)
Los Chavez Brothers (Angel de Oro & Niebla Roja)
Los Guerreros Laguneros (Euforia & Gran Guerrero)
Mistico
Negro Casas
Templario
Titan
Ultimo Guerrero
Volador Jr.

DDT

Daisuke Sasaki
Eruption (Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi)
HARASHIMA
Jun Akiyama
Konosuke Takeshita
Tetsuya Endo

Dragon Gate

Ben-K
BxB Hulk
Eita
KAI
Kaito Ishida
Keisuke Okuda
Masaaki Mochizuki
Naruki Doi
Shun Skywalker

Impact

Chris Bey
Deonna Purrazzo
Good Brothers (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows)
Jordynne Grace
Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin)
Rich Swann
Sami Callihan
The North (Josh Alexander & Ethan Page)
The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz)
Trey Miguel

NOAH

Go Shiozaki
Kaito Kiyomiya
Katsuhiko Nakajima
Kazushi Sakuraba
Kenou
Kotaro Suzuki
Naomichi Marufuji
Takashi Sugiura

Ring of Honor

Bandido
Brody King
Dalton Castle
Danhausen
Jay Lethal
Jonathan Gresham
Rush
Shane Taylor
Tony Deppen
Tracy Williams

Stardom

AZM
Bea Priestley
Donna del Mondo (Himeka, Maika, & Syuri)
Giulia
Jungle Kyona
Konami
Mayu Iwatani
Momo Watanabe
Starlight Kid
Tam Nakano
Utami Hayashishita

US indies

ACH
AJ Gray
Alex Zayne
Blake Christian
Chris Dickinson
Effy
Jacob Fatu
Lio Rush
Nick Gage
Rickey Shane Page
Tom Lawlor

Other puro

Ayato Yoshida
Chris Brookes
Daichi Hashimoto
Fuminori Abe
Isami Kodama
Masashi Takeda
Masato Tanaka
STRONGHEARTS, El Lindaman & T-Hawk
Yuji Okabayashi
Yuki Ishikawa

Other joshi

Arisa Nakajima
Asuka
Kaoru Ito
Lulupencil
Maki Ito
Maya Yukihi
Mei Suruga
Mizuki
Nanae Takahashi
Rina Yamashita
Sareee
Shoko Nakajima
Suzu Suzuki
Tsukasa Fujimoto
Tsukushi

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 31, 2020

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The nomination/removal process is going to be two steps.

The first step is to come up with a list of candidates. You can post up to five acts (singles, tag, or trios) you want removed from the tournament. You can also post up to five acts you want added to the tournament.

You can do an empty post to nominate no one for removal, which will make it harder for anyone to be removed, if you want to do that.

To be up for removal, an act must be mentioned in at least one third of the removal lists. To be added, the nominee must be among the X most nominated additions, where X is the number of acts who reach the threshold for removal.

The second step is a straight vote among the list of people nominated for removal and nominated for addition. For however many spots are up in the air, we'll have that many people voted in from the list.

Please, please ctrl+F for people you want to nominate/remove.

Nominations are now open and will be through January 1.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I nominate to remove Psycho Circus and add Psycho Clown, who should be a solo entry

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nominated for removal
THE FIEND
Scorpio Sky
Master Wato
Sami Callihan
Bea Priestley

Rather than piling onto one promotion I didn't like I tried to spread the not-love around a bit.I'd say add Takumi Iroha of Marvelous & Saki Akai of DDT/TJPW (though she should probably be included under Eruption as that was the best trio in DDT for most of 2020), Takuya Nomura of Big Japan (tbh you could even merge Fuminori Abe & Nomura as Astronauts, one of the best tag teams in the world), Masashi Takeda who is probably the best death match worker in the world, & Daisuke Harada of NOAH

(& if you merge either of the Akai or Nomura noms then pretend I nominated SB Kento of Dragon Gate, hottest rookie of the year)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Sakuraba.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am going to motion that Kofi Kingston have his own entry rather than as part of a team, as his singles run in 2019 was significant enough to merit it.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

what are the criteria for being eligible for nominations?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Remove THE FIEND, because he's a butt.

Add Willie Mack, because he's awesome.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

sk posted:

what are the criteria for being eligible for nominations?

Active in the past year-ish, though I gave leeway on lucha libre.. That's pretty much it. I tried to spread the love while focusing on the top performers in different arenas.

I didn't nominate anyone from Europe outside of NXT UK, since most of those places were completely shutdown for the year and/or found out to be creeps.

Non-Stardom joshi & Dragon Gate/DDT/BJPW are weak points for me. I didn't watch much WWE or NXT at all this year, but listened to enough Dave & Bryan Raw reports to feel like I had a decent enough idea of what went on.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

remove the fiend for being insanely bad and replace him with Pom Harajuku who is a clown that kicks people in the shins.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

wrt graphics, my recommendation would be to just download a TEW picture pack and just use the images from that. They should have everyone you've got listed.

Remove Yoshiko unless you want a dumbass argument every time she's being voted on

Remove Tyler Bate because I don't think he's been particularly active this year.

Add Masashi Takeda and Jun Kasai because they own and we need deathmatch representation

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Also you've listed Masato Tanaka under AJPW and other puro. Take out one and add Ryo Mizunami

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Also you've listed Masato Tanaka under AJPW and other puro. Take out one and add Ryo Mizunami

Ah, thanks. I used this to split the New Day apart in the voting. I'm also removing Yoshiko and adding Masashi Takeda.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

The nomination/removal process is going to be two steps.

The first step is to come up with a list of candidates. You can post up to five acts (singles, tag, or trios) you want removed from the tournament. You can also post up to five acts you want added to the tournament.

You can do an empty post to nominate no one for removal, which will make it harder for anyone to be removed, if you want to do that.

To be up for removal, an act must be mentioned in at least one third of the removal lists. To be added, the nominee must be among the X most nominated additions, where X is the number of acts who reach the threshold for removal.

The second step is a straight vote among the list of people nominated for removal and nominated for addition. For however many spots are up in the air, we'll have that many people voted in from the list.

Please, please ctrl+F for people you want to nominate/remove.

Nominations are now open and will be through January 1.

Today is the deadline for getting nominations in.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

fiend should def stay as the only competition he has for most appropriate representation of the wwe is the miz

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

seconded.

edit: remove someone from NXT UK as it's not real and add Masato Yoshino. I'll say Tyler Bate as he's already been mentioned

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 1, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nominate Greg

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Remove:
The Fiend
Bea Priestley

Add:
Takumi Iroha
Saki Akai

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

wrt graphics, my recommendation would be to just download a TEW picture pack and just use the images from that. They should have everyone you've got listed.

Remove Yoshiko unless you want a dumbass argument every time she's being voted on

Remove Tyler Bate because I don't think he's been particularly active this year.

Add Masashi Takeda and Jun Kasai because they own and we need deathmatch representation

I'll +1 this list

Power Windows posted:

Remove:
The Fiend
Bea Priestley

Add:
Takumi Iroha
Saki Akai

and this list

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6_KooLMwvM

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

so glad you brought this back.

I'll put together the ballot tomorrow.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I dont know if you're planning on seeding this but I'd make Moxley and Ishii the top seeds. I guess you could just use Jerusalem's thread to seed them if that finishes before you start this too

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Here is your ballot:

Bea Priestley
Jun Kasai
Saki Akai
Takumi Iroha
The Fiend
Trent Seven and Tyler Bate

You can vote for up to three people on this list. The top three vote recipients will be added.

Voting closes on January 5.

You're encouraged to make arguments for your selections.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jun Kasai, Saki Akai and Tyler Bate