Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Anyone else playing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

I didn't know about this so I googled it and:

"Project Diablo 2 is a mod for and by passionate Diablo 2 fans.
We aim to maintain the Diablo II: Lord of Destruction experience and provide consistent ladder resets while improving on the game as if development never ceased.

Project Diablo 2 - Season I: Awakening began November 6th!"

I started and am having fun. People are still making characters and doing trist runs, tomb runs, etc. I haven't seen any bots so far - supposedly they are ban-worthy. There are a number of small QOL improvements that are nice (inventory and stash space are twice as big) and some random sorc gave me a full Isenhart set (which now has extra bonuses) so it's been a breeze getting through Normal.

You can find a list of changes they made to skills on their wiki here: https://projectdiablo2.miraheze.org/wiki/Balance_Changes

I guess they have added a whole map system similar to Path of Exile but I'm nowhere near encountering any of that yet.