Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Corran Horn's a loving cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
Quick, someone add the Beatles to Wookiepedia!

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
For some reason, I always saw it as vaguely middle-eastern - probably because of Bel Iblis's name, and the various references to it being a big trading hub with lots of bazaars made me think of it as a sort of space-Baghdad.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

ScottyJSno posted:

So school age children in Japan have access to Bantam era Star Wars character encyclopedias that have been translated in Japanese. :psyboom:

Look, if kids don't learn about the Glove of Darth Vader in school, they're just going to pick it up from the street.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Casimir Radon posted:

It was way too expensive and the end result looked really cheap.

This. I don't understand why they went ahead with it, when it should have been obvious from the planning stage that it would cost too much for the average visitor and that they couldn't pull off the sort of luxury experience that would justify the price.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
I sort of appreciate the boldness of, rather than trying to shoe-horn everyone into the same story, Black Fleet Crisis just decides "Nah, Lando's off having his own completely unrelated adventure" and never even bothers trying to tie it into the main plot.

Main problem with The Black Fleet Crisis is that it's pure mil-sci-fi cliche, down to writing Leia as the useless civilian leader who won't make the Hard Choices Necessary. And the Yevetha being written as so one-dimensionally evil that characters are saying maybe they deserved what the Empire did to them feels like apologia for colonialism - gotta keep the boot to the neck of these savages or they'll just start killing everyone.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Most of the time the "homophobes must be secretly gay" thing is wrong and bad, but there are some cases where the signs are blindingly obvious. Card is one of them.

Yeah, his anti-gay rants are of the "We have to make gay marriage illegal, otherwise everyone would want to marry dudes, right? ...right?" kind.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Lord Hydronium posted:

The Old Republic has a weird split where the smuggler storyline is on the side of the Republic while the bounty hunter storyline is on the side of the Sith, which always struck me as somewhat backwards. I partially blame Zahn for setting the precedent for this, but smugglers in Star Wars don't really do as much smuggling as you'd think, they're more like independent couriers or freelance space truckers.

IIRC, originally the plan was that Bounty Hunters and Smugglers would both start off neutral and would chose a side as their story progressed. Not sure why that was dropped, but it meant we got the Imperial Agent story instead which is the best of the TOR classes by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
I would have forgiven a lot of things about the Last Jedi if they'd gone to a cool blob racing planet instead of a boring space-horse racing planet.