Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Mendrian posted:

I think the game is pretty fun, and I am sort of lol'ing at the extreme visceral reaction to the game at this point but then again I don't really think the game is finished. That might be naïve of me but I don't really mind being disappointing either, I'll react when it happens.

After spending a few hours last night playing the beta I feel about the same way.

I am actually having a lot of fun with it so far but I do have a few gripes myself.

From what I can tell you can not move attachments from one gun to another, also I hate everything about the card system and wish they would simply get rid of the whole thing entirely.

Also is it just me or are weapons seriously unbalanced? I feel like the rifles and the regular sidearms (handguns) are the only ones that are really viable. I've tried using shotguns and sniper rifles and from what I've seen they are pretty useless... The game for sure needs a lot of balancing...

The game also has a certain level of "generic-ness" that other people have pointed out ITT. There have been times where I feel like I'm playing a Chinese free to play ripoff of a more successful game... If anyone here every played any of the free to play games on ijji.com back in the day (like Guns: The Duel) you know what I'm talking about.

That's not to say that the game is bad or not fun, I've put down serious time in free to play games on ijji, but if you were expecting the kind of polish and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Senethro posted:

It's the opposite of TF2, where you don't even need one of the iconic characters in the screenshot to know what game is being played. It's all competently done but with no colour or design flair.

The game is 100% finished imo yeah.

I just hope they add an update to balance the weapons because only like 2 of them are actually fun to use.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

VulgarandStupid posted:

All of the weapons are fine except the sniper rifles make no sense. The non-AA12 shotguns are a little lacking but they certainly work, plus you need to diversify ammo types in anything past easy mode or you will always be out.

I’m just not entirely sure when the game is supposed to be fun. I mean I already have a pretty low tolerance for PVE shooters, but there are definitely balancing issues for certain sections. I certainly can’t justify the $60 price tag at this point.

I am a pretty cheap date with these kinds of games.

I agree though I think this would make a killer free to play game or even something that's like $15 that you could just play through with a friends group 2-3 times but $60???

Yeah no way haha.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Skyarb posted:

Most of the critical people tried it and already left this thread. Those remaining are really really thirsty for something in this genre. They are getting blood from a stone but hey they're having fun so whatever.

For me and many other people earlier in the thread who already bounced off it, it's a l4d clone that does everything worse than l4d while adding a ton of half baked unneeded and likely to be horrendously monetized mechanics.

Play aliens fire team elite, world war z aftermath or just l4d instead of this mess.

My standards for a game like this are really low honestly.

If my friends buy it - I will probably do the same honestly which kinda sucks because this game is for sure not worth $60 - not even close.

It would be loving awesome as a free to play game though honestly.