Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQaRBOI-9kg

Who’s excited to go to Super Motherfucking Nintendo World

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Gonna be honest, really disappointed in the lack of Imp hype about a theme park where you get to pretend to be in the Mushroom Kingdom and a video where Shigeru Miyamoto says “okay daddy’s busy see you later” to grown men in Mario and Luigi costumes. Did he murder Gunpei Yoko in cold blood? Sure. But I think we could all take a moment and enjoy this man’s unbridled enthusiasm for getting his very own Disneyland built.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
im going to go there maybe in a few years when the virus poo poo is hopefully gone, op. i spent 5 days in tokyo in 2016 and had fun but would love to see more of the country

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It looks cool but it's hard to get excited about something that I will never actually experience.

It must be absolutely wild for Shiggy though. The thing you created is now a hugely interactive world. Happy for that dude.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

a Loving Dog posted:

im going to go there maybe in a few years when the virus poo poo is hopefully gone, op. i spent 5 days in tokyo in 2016 and had fun but would love to see more of the country

If you go, now you can see both Japan and the Mushroom Kingdom. Two countries for the price of one.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

personally hoping that this hits orlando in time for when my kids are old enough to be taking them to theme parks.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

both Super Nintendo World and the Star Wars theme park where the hotel is a spaceship and they give you clothes to wear Westworld style are on my list of ‘things I’d like to experience with more money, time, and a different world outside’

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I loving hope this Orlando.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Edit: Uh never mind. Must of misread.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'll probably go next year if I can. USJ apparently has a sick zombie event in October that makes people cry too so I wanna check that out too.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'll probably go next year if I can. USJ apparently has a sick zombie event in October that makes people cry too so I wanna check that out too.

Neil Druckmann’s eye twitches involuntarily as this is posted

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
we're planning a disney trip for a couple years out (trying to do it all out which is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$) so hopefully the american version of this is open, i feel like with disney starting to open more marvel stuff at it's parks universal might have to change out their marvel island and their simpsons area too so they could just slide this in.

the video with miyamato makes everything seem very small and cramped. the bowser's castle with the tight hallways would never work in orlando.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this crap isn't ever opening in the us. bye

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

John Romero posted:

we're planning a disney trip for a couple years out (trying to do it all out which is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$) so hopefully the american version of this is open, i feel like with disney starting to open more marvel stuff at it's parks universal might have to change out their marvel island and their simpsons area too so they could just slide this in.

the video with miyamato makes everything seem very small and cramped. the bowser's castle with the tight hallways would never work in orlando.

If you’re planning on staying at a resort, save some money with one of the lower tiered resorts. You wont spend much time there and you can visit the top tier resorts regardless of where you’re staying.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

herculon posted:

If you’re planning on staying at a resort, save some money with one of the lower tiered resorts. You wont spend much time there and you can visit the top tier resorts regardless of where you’re staying.

i want my kids to get woken up by mickey in their room goddamnit.

the fuckin star wars LARP hotel is going to be like 1k a night. im doing it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

we stayed in the campgrounds when I was 15 and got all the benefits of the fancy top tier rooms, plus access to the exclusive water park that closed and became an abandoned, hanuted wasteland because it had brain eating bacteria in it. budget disney ftw

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Forgot about the Star Wars LARP hotel. I've stayed at the Polynesian and, while nice, I can't recommend it. Budget Disney is the only way to go.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

this crap isn't ever opening in the us. bye

The US is getting Sony World where you can sip a frosty Freaker Ale from Deacon St John's Roadhouse while catching a spontaneous Last of Us dog hunting live show

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

At first I was hype about this. But then I saw the nihilistic, miserable boomer Lloyd say that this is fail and now I also think so.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

At first I was hype about this. But then I saw the nihilistic, miserable boomer Lloyd say that this is fail and now I also think so.

theme parks are stupid. this shocks you!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You say that now but wait until they announce the DOOM wad pack + ketamine + del taco themed theme park in 2021.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Senior Living Vegan IPA Community Hovel ZX Spectrum theme park Has just opened, and gentlemen, :iia:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

getting dragged to the underground Gunpei Yokoi chamber for trying to shove my way to the front of the line to get a picture with King K Rool at the end of the DK mine cart ride

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

this is not a thread about your dating life.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHCTaUFXpP8

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

They're also fun

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dinosaur Jerk At A Theme Park

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Wormskull posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Senior Living Vegan IPA Community Hovel ZX Spectrum theme park Has just opened, and gentlemen, :iia:

no joke, this sounds sick lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
not gonna lie haha, Super AIDS World sounds pretty dope

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Going to Disney sea with japanese people who all know how to speedrun the rides by perfectly following the optimal fastpass route is win, actually.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Going to Disney sea with japanese people who all know how to speedrun the rides by perfectly following the optimal fastpass route is win, actually.

disney sea was cool. i'm talking about in america, with americans. which by the grace of allah are all closed and never opening again

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

disney sea was cool. i'm talking about in america, with americans. which by the grace of allah are all closed and never opening again

lol only disneyland is closed the rest are all open for business baby!

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

stupid things are often cool, lyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Wormskull posted: