Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I only eat food at restaurants that have Dr Pepper-- Specifically, Diet Dr Pepper.

Dr Pepper is the King of all Sodas, otherwise known as 'Cokes' and any self respecting Texan will respect that in turn.

Also, anyone who puts a period in the name of it is banned.

Discuss the king of beverages, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
been saying this op

often imitated, never duplicated.

mr pibb can get tae gently caress

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Good timing. I was just at Safeway and I saw that there was a "Dr Pepper and Cream Soda". I didn't get it because it was only 8 packs that were $5 each, but I'm very intrigued.

So I can prove I'm not crazy:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dr pepper is my favorite coke out of all the cokes from sprite to pepsi

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
And yes, this thread was specifically made in response to the ongoing discussion in the texas politics thread.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Fartington Butts posted:

Good timing. I was just at Safeway and I saw that there was a "Dr Pepper and Cream Soda". I didn't get it because it was only 8 packs that were $5 each, but I'm very intrigued.

So I can prove I'm not crazy:

Dr Pepper and Vanilla Rum is an aces combination

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

No fizzy drink tastes good after the 3rd sip. Dr. Pepper excels within that realm, however

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

dr. pepper ten was v. good for a diet soda and i wish it had stuck around. 1000x better than diet dr. pepper

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jenny Agutter posted:

dr. pepper ten was v. good for a diet soda and i wish it had stuck around. 1000x better than diet dr. pepper

Unfortunately its earnings ceiling was only half of what other sodas could make. After all, it was for men.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Jenny Agutter posted:

Royal Updog posted:

No fizzy drink tastes good after the 3rd sip. Dr. Pepper excels within that realm, however

mods???? ban these heathens for mis spelling the name

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i heard dr pepper just has a phd in education

----------------

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
The Dr. Pepper you can sometimes find in glass bottles that has actual cane sugar as the sweetener is seriously tasty. I don't seek out soda too often, but it's one of the few that's actually worth it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

The Dr. Pepper you can sometimes find in glass bottles that has actual cane sugar as the sweetener is seriously tasty. I don't seek out soda too often, but it's one of the few that's actually worth it.

That's the Dublin formulation. It was replaced by the green-canned variety that's been affected by the aluminum and or can shortage.

also, you misspelled Dr Pepper >:(

mods????

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

BaconCopter posted:

its a shame big DP cracked down on dublin DP years back so you can't find it outside of texas anymore, at least that i've seen

e: oh its actually completely discontinued since 2012, gently caress big DP/snapple

Jenny Agutter fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 23, 2020

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

they have a dr pepper shake at Whataburger and it owns

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

nothing beats their salted caramel shake

----------------

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I went to 7-Eleven last night to see if they had the pepp and cream soda and they didn't. I settled for a Sprite Lymonade and it's not great.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Tremor?

Has anyone every tried that? Why the hell is it called that??

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
cause it has so much caffiene

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

NEVER put dr. chill and dr spice next to each other

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dr pepper is the nastiest of all the sodas.
I'm terribly sorry for your tragic opinion

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Mr. Pibb supremacy

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Fartington Butts posted:

I went to 7-Eleven last night to see if they had the pepp and cream soda and they didn't. I settled for a Sprite Lymonade and it's not great.

I think it might be in cans at grocery stores only now.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

YeahTubaMike posted:

Mr. Pibb supremacy

I think Mr. Pibb is good too. It is pretty rare in Tucson since both Coke and Pepsi places carry Dr. P here, I think Del Taco and the movie theaters are the only places to get it.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Rick posted:

I think Mr. Pibb is good too. It is pretty rare in Tucson since both Coke and Pepsi places carry Dr. P here, I think Del Taco and the movie theaters are the only places to get it.

Probs at McDonald's.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Fartington Butts posted:

Probs at McDonald's.

Dr. Pepper is there too. It's weird! I know it's not like this everywhere else.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

my most reliable source of pibb xtra used to be the costco food court lol

----------------

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
You guys that are searching for Dr Pepper Cream Soda aren’t missing much. It’s bland and oversweet. Not as good as the old berries and cream flavor.

Dr Pepper Ten though? Man I miss that poo poo, it really did taste almost exactly like the real deal.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Rick posted:

My mom and I very briefly lived in Atlanta, which was a Pibb-heavy area, so Mr. Pibb was my first variation and Dr. Pepper never seemed quite right. They probably taste exactly the same, I don't remember the last time I drank either.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i went to basic at ft benning in georgia and they loved pibb and heinz 57 sauce. different world out there. i'll admit the heinz is great

----------------

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

quote:

pibb
:vomit:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dr Pepper with real sugar is amazing

Aw yeah

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've seen and enjoyed glass-bottled Dr. Pepper made from cane sugar as recently as this year. Even used the old-timey logo with the numbers everything thinks are satanic code or whatever.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Which of the Dr Pepper imitations do y'all prefer/tolerate? Personally like HEB's.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

pibb

always pibb

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

Cross-Section posted:

pibb

always pibb

holy poo poo slap some stealth panels on asteroids because this needs to die >:(

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
I stopped drinking soda a few years ago because it triggers my reflux like crazy. The only thing I miss is Dr. Pepper. :(

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

pibb

always pibb

i'd take dr thunder over dr pepper too, but prefer pibb :thumbsup:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
anyone here ever had a Dr Slice? epic soda. very rare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Smythe posted:

anyone here ever had a Dr Slice? epic soda. very rare

I definitely have had it although it is indeed pretty rare.