Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericuser
Mar 1, 2007

[insert clever comment here]
Hi all

I occasionally work with someone with Dwarfism. They are pretty chill and funny but I’m never sure how to act when speaking. I’m well over 6ft and have tended to crouch down but I’m not sure if this is rude. The person is approx 4ft 5.

Any advice please? Am I overthinking this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Ask your co-worker what they prefer instead of random people on the internet.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Wear a false beard, and depending on your workplace, carry an axe. This will set them at ease.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Keep your body completely vertical and align your head as you were looking directly at the face of your identical twin but give the little person acknowledgement by only directing your glance down at them with your ocular system.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

The ones I know loving hate it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just pick them up and cradle them like a baby.

FlickingFire
Nov 8, 2011
No I think you should just be normal OP

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Just pick them up and cradle them like a baby.

Also be sure to tussle his hair at the conclusion of every conversation

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Dont forget to ask how the weather is down there! They love that!

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

genericuser
Mar 1, 2007

[insert clever comment here]
Well, I got my answer and am suitably humbled.

RadicalTranslation
Jan 26, 2021

I mean the obvious answer is no. Either talk to that standing up or preferably find a chair and talk to them sitting down (even better if they have a chair too).

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

genericuser posted:

Well, I got my answer and am suitably humbled.

Don't feel bad, I'm glad you posted this thread. I get a nice chuckle every time I see the title as I'm scrolling by. :)

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

RadicalTranslation posted:

I mean the obvious answer is no. Either talk to that standing up or preferably find a chair and talk to them sitting down (even better if they have a chair too).

no no, you've got this wrong, the chair is for the other person to stand on

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

TheBuilder posted:

Keep your body completely vertical and align your head as you were looking directly at the face of your identical twin but give the little person acknowledgement by only directing your glance down at them with your ocular system.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Weka posted:

Wear a false beard, and depending on your workplace, carry an axe. This will set them at ease.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

holy gently caress. I am short as hell and this made me guffaw. I usually just tell people I need to step away from them so I dont break my loving neck.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Lie down on the ground and look up at them to prove your empathy and humility.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Attach shoes to your knees and shuffle round the office like that.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

hold a ventriloquist dummy at their eye level and speak to them through that

Pennant
Aug 24, 2007

~~~~~ everybody move your feet and feel united oooh ooh ooh ~~~~~
chop yo legs off

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Wear stilts.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Alternatively,

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer
Is the no because of the tit grab? Otherwise looks ok to me.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

mobby_6kl posted:

Alternatively,

:eyepop:

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Hell I'm just average height and I've talked to a very tall person who bent over from time to time while talking to me and it was incredibly weird. I never wanted to talk to that person again. Imagine Spud Webb or Muggsy Bogues having the other players crouching down to talk to them at eye level at games like it isn't weird. hosed up. Anyways hope this helps

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Never kneel when you're dealing with this dwarf! If anything, you should project yourself even more so they understand just how truly small & insignificant they are!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Robot posted:

Is the no because of the tit grab? Otherwise looks ok to me.

She's literally looking down on the shorter one :(

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jul 26, 2021

GuestBob
Nov 27, 2005

Take a picture of your face and stick it to the end of your member. Be sure that every time you speak to them, you expose yourself.

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Just pick them up and swaddle them its nbd lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Bouillon Rube posted:

hold a ventriloquist dummy at their eye level and speak to them through that

This made me laugh for reals