Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Herstory Begins Now posted:

for better or for worse a dude just made a video that is probably the most high profile advertisement for cheats Tarkov has ever gotten and it's going to be really loving bad for a while, both due to more people trying them and more legit people just saying fuckit and not logging in

it's fairly late in the wipe and has driven some significant percentage of legit players still serious enough to be playing to throw up their hands and go gently caress this i'm out, i think that's a way bigger factor than 'brand new cheaters' personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Both my friend and I quit this wipe a few weeks ago after we experienced an almost identical death a few days apart. Each of us found a gpu in a situation that is safe like 95% of the time (myself on a shoreline scav run, him on an emptied out lighthouse scav run with a handful of minutes left on the raid timer) and we both were immediately hunted down and killed by someone who had an uncanny sense for exactly where we were, within a minute or two of looting the gpu.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

So turn off the 3D spacial audio in my headphone software and just use the standard Tarkov one..got it.

Is the SPTarkov update out yet with the streets expansion?

i think there's a beta branch version somewhere but obviously thats gonna have some issues and also most mods won't work on it. not sure how far away the stable release is but i figure it could be a while.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Aexo posted:

I get that BSG sold EOD as containing all DLC, but this new thing is not DLC. It's literally the same game with the same quests, just with a few different perks that will barely impact those folks who don't purchase it. EOD was already pay2win by the standards of "more rep and bigger secure container and no hideout grind," and yet people still played the game with lesser editions of the game. I don't see how this new edition is any different, to be honest. So I don't find this scummy.

I'm not a BSG bootlicker by any means but I do believe if BSG wants to operate an ongoing game they're gonna have to come with with ways to get money from their players. Back in the days of Overwatch 1 I would buy a massive thing of loot boxes every year because I knew they gotta keep the lights on, and I was planning on dumping hundreds if not thousands more hours into the game. I'm a $1=1hr valuation kinda gamer..if I spend $50 for a game, without any consideration to the gameplay or story or anything else, I want to spend at least 50hrs in the game. I just crossed over 1k hrs in EFT, and most of it is just rotating my crafting poo poo while I'm at work. So even if half those hours were spent actually gaming, I've gotten way more than my money's worth and I want to keep playing so I don't mind kicking them another $100 to let that happen.

Yeah, day one of a new wipe some folks will be running around with a gun that has a high pen/damage bullet or super high rate of fire, but those guns and that ammo is right there for the taking, either from those very players or from looting or NPCs. It's not like you're gonna be running around in T5 armor at the start of wipe, and if you somehow have a way to reliably come into that kind of armor then you realistically have a way to get those kinds of guns and ammo too.

Do you have to carry that item to reap the benefits of the 60m scav agro zone? Aren't there drawbacks to holding it, like losing rep if you take out a scav? There's a tradeoff here, it's not just all sunshine and rainbows once you get 6+ rep. 60m won't matter on the maps where you're indoors frequently. Sure it's nice to know when a sniper scavs is trying to pick someone off from across the map on Customs, but when and how often has that realistically given you any sort of tactical advantage? I'd wager in fewer than .01% of your raids. But that 60m range won't matter for a crabber in dorms getting pushed by scavs.

I'm 99% certain they confirmed the flare for friends to join you is a PvE only mechanic.. probably to help with boss hunting/farming.

More pocket space means more space for you to get loot from your kills. They still have to balance weight, carrying more stuff just means these whales IRL might also be whales in game. Granted two more slots isn't that much, but if that's your argument then two more slots isn't that much in the other direction of the argument too.

Yeah the PvE portion of the game is massive draw for folks tired of cheaters. I'm terrible at this game and players are so unpredictable it's sometimes too much for me to analyze and pick apart the best course of action against an actual human so that's it's draw for me. When I play with one friend 95% of the time when they die they're calling sus on the killer's profile, so it's a draw for them. This will let me play with that friend and not have to hear them complain about cheating. Now it'll be back to the old "they 180d and head-eyes'd me" complaint but at least that's something that can be tuned by BSG.

For whatever it's worth I also don't think Arena is DLC, unless there's a way in which arena ties in to the base game, like getting Arena-specific quests or another vendor or something. They placated folks by giving it to EOD owners after everyone's whinging, and it wound up being a lovely game anyway so nobody cares now, but the playerbase learned that if they complain that BSG might give in to their demands for the perks.

I'm not saying BSG is in the right with this question, but are you aware that Activision/Blizzard charged more for a keychain in Overwatch than they did for an identical keychain IRL? Companies are gonna be greedy, it's in their interests to do so. That said, I don't think what BSG is doing with this edition is greedy. They're just trying to keep their lights on, and employees paid. I enjoy the game for now so for now I think they've earned some more of my money. I don't play Overwatch anymore because of the lovely monetization there. At least in Tarkov I can actually be guaranteed to use what I'm paying for, where in OW it's not always a guarantee you'll get to play the hero you spent $30 for a skin on.

I think this is all ragebait for the content creators to earn clicks and views and in two weeks they'll be back to wiping lobbies of plebs like us and they'll be better off because you went to go see landmark install spt or Forbes is going to echo chamber whatever nonsense everyone else is complaining about and you're just gonna gobble it up, when you just just play the loving game or uninstall it, shut up, and move on. I get this is a discussion forum and I'm not trying to stop the discussion, but the outrage over a company trying to keep their game thriving is truly astonishing. A game can't continue to evolve or even exist with servers if you're not injecting money into it, sorry folks!

Yeah it's a chunk of change, but you're also getting hundreds/thousands of hours of game time. My only complaint with the PvE price tag is it would be difficult to convince a new player to go all in so you could play PvE together. But there's nothing stopping you from getting the base game and trying it out and if you're liking it enough to want to PvE then upgrading. And who knows maybe by the time that decision comes around they'll have a piecemeal option for just PvE mode.

what the gently caress is this post lmao

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

6 months of priority matchmaking jesus christ

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Nutsak posted:

The Gray Zone devs must be laughing their asses off today.

yeah considering they just had their major content creator push a few days ago this has to be incredible for them

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Quicksilver6 posted:

You know, Incursion Red River just hit EA. I was a little underwhelmed by it since it’s like, the first beta, but…. It seems to have a brighter future all of a sudden. Also it’s set in modern Vietnam, which is novel.

at this rate bungie is gonna come busting through the wall to announce that actually Marathon development is going great and will start beta testing next week

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

giZm posted:

Well now that Nikita finally realized the indelible importance and role of the players in the EFT universe and has given in to the demands of "give us the P2W stuff and maybe a trial for PvE", does that mean the Even Worse With Money Edition will get cheaper? Asking for a friend.

it will get even more expensive, since you're getting lifetime access to a feature others are only getting for a limited time, obviously

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

I mean, great that they're just completely taking basically everything back but between the idea that they did it in the first place and the stuff in the leaked interview I'm sure that they've taken a ton of self inflicted damage

e: aside from the general tone being "i'm sorry that you morons are upset by any of this and I'm sorry that I didn't get away with this bullshit without complaint"

hopterque fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 28, 2024

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Infinitum posted:

It's straight up killed any interest I had in picking the game up during the next sale/reset.

Gray Zone is announcing the release date for Early Access tomorrow, so sounding like a few of the lads are picking that up and we'll be hitting that up instead.

There's PR mistakes and blunders, but this feels like they straight up disrespected the bulk of their user base

Grey Zone looks a lot more interesting anyway than the thing tarkov has become in the years its been playable IMO. Remember when this game was supposed to have some sort of linked map progression and greater goal than just jumping into individual maps and grinding quests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Without touching on the poo poo storm of Tarkov, I've got to say I was disappointed in Grey Zone in general. I don't know if it was all the hype about being a "Tarkov killer", but it left me with a very "meh" impression.

I think it looks nice and has potential, if it reaches any of that potential is another thing entirely. Tarkov was also a game that looked nice and had potential, and it still has potential, but its been out for a long time and never seems any closer to reaching it and the years have proven without a doubt that BSG have serious issues all over.