Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
This is my third wipe. I don't think I have gotten past level 25 in either of the previous ones. My friend groups tend fall apart after they progress faster than me/others.

I'm incredibly comfortable scaving; about 80% of my runs this wipe so far have been scavs so I'm rich as heck right now but only level 12. Pretty comfortable on Customs, Ground Zero, and outside Interchange (still getting lost inside), currently trying to learn Woods.

I joined the goon discord and tried the authme but I think my privacy might be too strict for the DM. Maybe I'll see yall around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
A lot of your first quests will be on Customs, Woods, and Factory. The loot on those maps isn't super stellar but still more than enough to sustain you. It's mostly a preference thing beyond that.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
https://www.eft-ammo.com/ to tell what's good and trash ammo

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I thought it was 20? And might eventually have a queue for those that go over whichever cap it is.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Got hit with a busy hands bug last night. Could reload, ADS, pick stuff up and move/remove it from my inventory, but I could not eat, drink, or use any meds. Made me wish my teammate could do first aid on me. Had to book it to extract with a heavy bleed and narrowly made it.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
An important distinction is having enough gear on their person *when they load in* Picking up more gear doesn't remove the tagged/cursed status if you originally loaded in with not enough gear.

That said, one time a friend and I definitely had a seemingly neverending wave of scavs pushing us in interchange in the garage under the hole in the floor.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Isn't it a L1 Mechanic barter trade? I haven't done Setup yet... You just need to accept Informed Means Armed, I think.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Weird, I'm on Setup but I can barter for wifi cameras.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Would be nice if you could purchase a "satellite view" of the engagement on exfil/death that is only delivered after the raid ends, maybe like how Overwatch has replay codes. Then you could study folk's movements and maybe see how you died or you could better move to avoid/force engagements in future raids.

This would also help new players immensely, I think.

I've only had one sus death and they got banned, but I'm mostly scaving to learn maps right now.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

Knowing BSG, it'd be unlocked at level 45 and would require you to get 40 headshots on PMCs on Shoreline from 50 metres away with a Makarov and no armour.

I unironically thought they'd make it too late in the quest line or too expensive in turn-in materials to be of any use to newbies. Not that they should, but that they would.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
On gear fear: As you get insurance back you'll have a ton of poo poo that needs to be used or vendored, might as well use what's not broken. This cycle makes me feel the need to keep using my stuff. I have no tips for when you're chadded out and never get your stuff back because I've never reached that level 😅

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Does nobody use Tarkov tracker? It'll tell you what you need, just check before your raid.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
They're refreshing!

Depends on the items. I'm guessing you're asking about metabolism though so no, you wouldn't get any xp for metabolism if you're maxed out already and then eat or drink. On longer raids I try to bring cans of Max energy because it gives you a 5min stress resistance debuff, and at the end of that time you get immunity xp, which reduces the negative effects of food and meds. It's also an easy way to stay on top of keeping your energy and thirst topped up, giving you a little metabolism xp when you're below max.

Edit: oh I must be mistaken..I consider myself a noob at this game so maybe don't listen to me.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Last King posted:

bsg selling 28 lines of stash space for €42 (or €3 a line) now... the age of the macrotransactions are upon us!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Bread bag and cheese. I see nothing wrong here.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Always alt+T or whatever your check mag button is when loading in. That's what I do, but then again I'm a scav main.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Technically you don't have those components if you also don't have that gun. Buy the gun first then mod it.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
They just applied a tech update. Prhaps to address the matching aborted issues folks have been having?

Gingy and Bearki found if they didn't enter their hideout it wouldn't cause the matching aborted issue, though someone from BSG DM'd Gingy to say that's not what was causing it for everyone, it might solve it for some folks.

I'm stuck on creating loot pools on my scav so I dunno if it has gotten any better.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
More knowledgeable folks can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they do free weekends.

There's a 20% off sale going on right now, and you can always upgrade later if you want the "bad with money edition" everyone calls it in here, though EoD is gone Nikita said during an interview with Pestily that there's an upgrade coming soon that's better than EoD.

Edit: Sale is over as of about 20min ago. RIP.

Aexo fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 8, 2024

Aexo
May 16, 2007
What's involved?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Now's a great time to play, people are just getting pissy over a video game they spend hundreds of hours in, asking for more money in exchange for items and game modes that will have a negligible impact on them.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Psycho Society posted:

projection. 90% likelyhood your pants were already pissed in when you typed this out. thats gross dude

A) Don't yuck my yum

2) I'm not pissy at all, I actually bought the Worse With Money Edition! I'm actually rather enjoying watching all these children going thermonuclear over the idea of something new to the game they purchased five or more years ago not being given to them for free.

Orv posted:

Yeah, charging $250 for a completely digital video game is a perfectly reasonable idea

Or you could just... not buy it?

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I get that BSG sold EOD as containing all DLC, but this new thing is not DLC. It's literally the same game with the same quests, just with a few different perks that will barely impact those folks who don't purchase it. EOD was already pay2win by the standards of "more rep and bigger secure container and no hideout grind," and yet people still played the game with lesser editions of the game. I don't see how this new edition is any different, to be honest. So I don't find this scummy.

I'm not a BSG bootlicker by any means but I do believe if BSG wants to operate an ongoing game they're gonna have to come with with ways to get money from their players. Back in the days of Overwatch 1 I would buy a massive thing of loot boxes every year because I knew they gotta keep the lights on, and I was planning on dumping hundreds if not thousands more hours into the game. I'm a $1=1hr valuation kinda gamer..if I spend $50 for a game, without any consideration to the gameplay or story or anything else, I want to spend at least 50hrs in the game. I just crossed over 1k hrs in EFT, and most of it is just rotating my crafting poo poo while I'm at work. So even if half those hours were spent actually gaming, I've gotten way more than my money's worth and I want to keep playing so I don't mind kicking them another $100 to let that happen.

Yeah, day one of a new wipe some folks will be running around with a gun that has a high pen/damage bullet or super high rate of fire, but those guns and that ammo is right there for the taking, either from those very players or from looting or NPCs. It's not like you're gonna be running around in T5 armor at the start of wipe, and if you somehow have a way to reliably come into that kind of armor then you realistically have a way to get those kinds of guns and ammo too.

Do you have to carry that item to reap the benefits of the 60m scav agro zone? Aren't there drawbacks to holding it, like losing rep if you take out a scav? There's a tradeoff here, it's not just all sunshine and rainbows once you get 6+ rep. 60m won't matter on the maps where you're indoors frequently. Sure it's nice to know when a sniper scavs is trying to pick someone off from across the map on Customs, but when and how often has that realistically given you any sort of tactical advantage? I'd wager in fewer than .01% of your raids. But that 60m range won't matter for a crabber in dorms getting pushed by scavs.

I'm 99% certain they confirmed the flare for friends to join you is a PvE only mechanic.. probably to help with boss hunting/farming.

More pocket space means more space for you to get loot from your kills. They still have to balance weight, carrying more stuff just means these whales IRL might also be whales in game. Granted two more slots isn't that much, but if that's your argument then two more slots isn't that much in the other direction of the argument too.

Yeah the PvE portion of the game is massive draw for folks tired of cheaters. I'm terrible at this game and players are so unpredictable it's sometimes too much for me to analyze and pick apart the best course of action against an actual human so that's it's draw for me. When I play with one friend 95% of the time when they die they're calling sus on the killer's profile, so it's a draw for them. This will let me play with that friend and not have to hear them complain about cheating. Now it'll be back to the old "they 180d and head-eyes'd me" complaint but at least that's something that can be tuned by BSG.

For whatever it's worth I also don't think Arena is DLC, unless there's a way in which arena ties in to the base game, like getting Arena-specific quests or another vendor or something. They placated folks by giving it to EOD owners after everyone's whinging, and it wound up being a lovely game anyway so nobody cares now, but the playerbase learned that if they complain that BSG might give in to their demands for the perks.

Orv posted:

Yeah? I’m not going to, it’s still an incredibly greedy and poo poo thing to do for literally any video game, much less one that’s already charged people way more than most games.

I'm not saying BSG is in the right with this question, but are you aware that Activision/Blizzard charged more for a keychain in Overwatch than they did for an identical keychain IRL? Companies are gonna be greedy, it's in their interests to do so. That said, I don't think what BSG is doing with this edition is greedy. They're just trying to keep their lights on, and employees paid. I enjoy the game for now so for now I think they've earned some more of my money. I don't play Overwatch anymore because of the lovely monetization there. At least in Tarkov I can actually be guaranteed to use what I'm paying for, where in OW it's not always a guarantee you'll get to play the hero you spent $30 for a skin on.

I think this is all ragebait for the content creators to earn clicks and views and in two weeks they'll be back to wiping lobbies of plebs like us and they'll be better off because you went to go see landmark install spt or Forbes is going to echo chamber whatever nonsense everyone else is complaining about and you're just gonna gobble it up, when you just just play the loving game or uninstall it, shut up, and move on. I get this is a discussion forum and I'm not trying to stop the discussion, but the outrage over a company trying to keep their game thriving is truly astonishing. A game can't continue to evolve or even exist with servers if you're not injecting money into it, sorry folks!

Yeah it's a chunk of change, but you're also getting hundreds/thousands of hours of game time. My only complaint with the PvE price tag is it would be difficult to convince a new player to go all in so you could play PvE together. But there's nothing stopping you from getting the base game and trying it out and if you're liking it enough to want to PvE then upgrading. And who knows maybe by the time that decision comes around they'll have a piecemeal option for just PvE mode.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Not the whole company, but the game, sure. They gave me value at the time so I contributed back to keep the cycle going. Sorry you don't value your online games like I do I guess?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

$380 after tax in canada

anyone defending this poo poo needs to remove their tongue from nikita's fartbox

lol

Aexo
May 16, 2007
I don't care about Nikita. These are some wild fantasies yall are havin in here.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Mate I play WoW and buy a bunch of transmog poo poo, but "helping the billion dollar corporation keep the lights on" isn't how I'd ever phrase that sentence

It's not the corp I'm concerned with, but the game. A game that doesn't pull in enough money will shut down and the corp will typically continue to live. Also, you're paying a sub for WoW so I'm not sure that really fits the situation I described. I would have paid something per competitive season if it was an option.

Aexo
May 16, 2007

causticBeet posted:

BSG recently came out with micro transactions with price points equivalent to OW1s offerings (lol at suggesting you spent hundreds of dollars a year on OW skins btw) and no one really gave a poo poo. Many even shared the same “hey I have enjoyed the game, let me throw them some money” attitude despite it being very likely that they already spent more than $100 on the base game.

This is such an aggressive and obviously customer unfriendly play it really just makes me assume BSG is broke as poo poo and had no other options.

lol if you think buying the biggest loot box pack once a year cost hundreds of dollars

The price for what you get with this new edition is wildly out of proportion, for sure. It also makes the barrier for newcomers pretty tall. Big agree there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aexo
May 16, 2007
smh not a true believer