Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I think I saw a p90?

P90 has been in the game for quite awhile now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

sound off if you're going BEAR this wipe (or if you're cool like me and go BEAR every wipe)

USECS can post too if they want but we got our eyes on you

Been playing as a BEAR since like 2017. The only valid choice

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
HIgh-cap mags being more likely to have failure to feeds and the overheating stuff really is gonna change up the late game meta and I love it. The longer they keep that early game feel where every piece of looted gear feels valuable the better

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Santa gave me a cat statue so its been great so far

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
It's pretty hard to get servers online when there's a global chip shortage

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

hello internet posted:

BEAR crew 4 life. PMC karma shouldn't matter too much when 90% of the player base is USEC

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Shoreline's the only map besides Interchange that hasn't gotten an update and it shows. It really is my least favorite map

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Woods is still probably my favorite. I grab as much woodland camo as I can, a nice rifle and I just play hide and seek

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Right now lighthouse is a massive money maker for me. Since this wipe they opened up the ability to get on the rooftops in the chemical plant, it's easy to run down there, loot 2 or 3 rogue bodies and run out at the Industrial Gate with a bunch of very valuable guns and armor. Easily make like 250k each time I survive a run. Only thing to watch out for is that there's a lot more scav on scav violence there than any other map

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
I guess I'm one of the few weirdos who loves pre-flea market time when all you have is a double barrel and a dream. Fights feel super satisfying when you punch well above your weight

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
the armband basically will get you any of the really important keys like Dorms Marked Room or the reserve keys on the flea

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Yeah, GAMMA is a lot of fun, and best of all it's pretty modular. I turned off the imo dumb economy (why did they think not being able to buy armor and guns was good) and it's now the perfect blend of STALKER atmosphere with EFT style health and shooting

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Man, the fire sale event is always fun just to go do dumb loadouts and get in fights in factory

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Maintenance extended for two hours, this wait is killing me

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Gotta say, the new audio system is really good. I know we've all been complaining about tarkov's wonky audio system for years so I'm extremely pleased with this

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Kikas posted:

Okay, found this just laying at the back of Goshan. Had to run to KIBA to find someone dead with a ScavBP, the loving thing is 5x2 :popeye: We'll see what's behind that wall.

It's a Gym, interestingly enough.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
The back area of Goshan with all the shelving tends to have a lot

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
The suppressed kedr is another good leg shooter, fairly cheap and easy to get ammo for

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

.Ataraxia. posted:

Alright friends, I've decided I hate myself enough to start playing this game. What are some semi viable gun and ammo combos I can use out of the gate that are going to be semi effective for a babby boy?

.366 EKO rounds and the AK that shoots them can be bought very early on once you unlock the trader Jaeger. These rounds have solid armor pen for the early to mid wipe, and have a lot of flesh damage

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Just focus on trying to enjoy the adrenal response and not focusing on the dying

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
You'll start finding a million syringes as soon as you no longer need it

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Peacekeeper also buys most stuff so dumping crap you won't use immediately is a good way to raise that

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Honestly, with how they're trying to drag out the early and mid game, level 3 armor is pretty sufficient for your average fire fight since most people are gonna be running lower tier ammo

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

hello internet posted:

Do any of you actually encounter obvious cheaters on a regular or semi-regular basis? The official forums and EFT subreddit have gone full "Salem Witch Trials" about the game being completely overrun cheaters but after 5 years I still haven't really encountered any. I feel like large steamers are really hurting the game community by second guessing their deaths almost every time.

I think last wipe I ran into about 3 people who I definitely could say we're cheating and about maybe 6 who were suspicious. Over the course of like 4 months of daily playing, I'd say that's a fairly low percentage

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
So I'm taking a break from multiplayer tarkov thanks to the cheating epidemic and I set up SPT. Anyone got any mods they recommend for that? I've already gotten the Server Values Mod and I've used it to tweak a few things

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
I really recommend the SAIN AI mod, helps make the AI more interesting while also not having them be headshot machines. It just got updated for 3.7 too

Edit: also 3.7 runs way smoother than 3.6.1 did I find

Tibbeh fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Oct 9, 2023

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

fennesz posted:

If you play SP Tarkov you are a coward. Play online.

I did for many years, but I got real tired of waiting in queue for lighthouse and hitting 35 minutes without matching

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

widespread posted:

Didn't DayZ get a Tarkov-like community server some weeks ago

Sounds interesting, got any more details on this?

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

null_pointer posted:

Awesome advice and help, everyone. Hit me with your must-have single player/ quality of life mods, please!

Clearly the most important is All The Clothes, so you can play tactical dress up barbie even better

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
So has anyone gotten access to Arena yet?

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Yeah I just got the email too and man the servers are getting hammered. 3 MB/S downloads

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Someone report on burst fire with say the mp5 (this was a bad idea before)

Extremely controllable and that was on the mp5k

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Jakosa posted:

I finally managed to do it. One thing that helped was that I managed to kill a level 4 guy on Ground Zero that had some of the best gear I've even seen, including an AK 545 with the ELCAN 1x/4x scope. I took that into Woods and it helped me spot at least one PMC and avoid him.

Just before Jaeger's camp a scav attacked me and I killed him. But the noise attracted a player and he took some shots at me before I could get the letter. I retreated and waited a bit and had some players run really close to me, but they didn't see me. Then I got the letter and ZB-16 was open and I got out.

I'm beginning to get my bearings on the map and that helps make it more enjoyable. I still haven't figured out the mine field at the USEC camp. When I spawn there, I run into it every time :)

It's the backside of the hill. Stay away from that and you're golden

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Tetramin posted:

Getting to these crashed drones on shoreline is such a loving pain. Started running shoreline a couple days ago since I have so many quests on it. It’s not too bad, though I’ve avoided the medical resort completely so far lol. But yeah this drone quest is proving really hard to get done. Do I have to grab both of the drone pieces in one raid? Or could I get one, extract and turn it in, then do the other one later? Just curious.

You don't have to get them all in one raid.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Tarkov but it's STALKER would own honestly

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Agreed, but luckily S.t.a.l.k.e.r:: Anomaly: Gamma isn't too far removed from exactly that! And it's free!

e: I imagine there's already quite a bit of crossover between stalker and tarkov goons, but if there's even one of you that haven't given gamma a go, do yourself a favor and check out the how-to-install guide on the discord link, and the stalker thread is mostly people playing anomaly anyway, so if you run into any problems :justpost:

Did I mention it's free?

I've already put several hundred hours into GAMMA and I love it, but I was thinking more of enjoying tarkov's looting and PvP aspect mixed with that delicious STALKER atmosphere

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
They also BROUGHT BACK the infinite scav loading bug after having just fixed it. Goddamnit why must I really like playing this game

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Dunno if anyone else here plays Arena, but it appears that we've got a sort of pre-wipe event going. BSG unlocked a bunch of kits for everyone and gave people 5 mil roubles to play around with them

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
SPT's 3.8.0 release just came out about an hour ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

Arrath posted:

Given the date I don't know if I trust you