Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The Altered Escape single player client had a mod that added a trader who sold a lot of keys in exchange for smokes. I thought this was a cool addition and a good reason to collect extra loot that you might normally ignore

Is there a similar mod around for SPT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I am indeed already running softcore! And I like its flea changes quite a bit. Guess I'll just keep grabbing every dumb little thing and stuffing it into my junk box.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I swear to god I'm on a quest to disable the fuckin Goons where ever I run into them. Last night I was heading to the weather station on Shoreline for Signal Pt 1, turns out they'd spawned there. I manage to evade sniper fire and get close, only for Big Pipe to peek over the hill and annihilate me.

Today I saunter into Customs to mark fuel tankers and spawn next to Crackhouse. Might as well loot it, guess they spawned at Fortress and decided to wander on over. Again mr Big Pipe gunned me down with that stupid honey badger. I killed Bird Eye first and put some pain on Big Pipe, but 37 hits just wasn't enough to save my life. Should've taken the time to pop his head since he decided to throw a frag but I was running Killa's RPK (not with Igolnik) so I just started blasting.

They've now been disabled from spawning on both maps. Assholes.

One annoying thing: I'm very much a tinkerer. I keep tweaking little things here or there in the jsons, when an airdrop will come, the loot chances, fiddling with the medical item values (thanks for recommending that mod! goes great with my slightly increased health), tweaking what I think is hydration/energy drain. Its just that the drat thing loves to overwrite the files with the defaults on occasion. I think I tracked it down to deleting the user/cache folder before launching after making changes, but I'm not yet sure it's foolproof.

The server value changer popped a virus alert when I went to download it, probably a good old "little man compiled an exe and its not signed by $BigCorp so FLAG IT FLAG IT FLAG IT" behavior from chrome/windows defender but eh I'm still playing it safe.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 30, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

REDjackeT posted:

I disabled them from every map because they aren't fun to me. Getting my eyeballs loaded with buckshot halfway across the map by a scav is way less frustrating then getting destroyed for even thinking about getting near the fortress.

I'm well on my way to it, those guys completely suck.

quote:

I figured out how to mod a little because I got annoyed redoing the json files after update number 3 in like two weeks for spt-aki. My little mod does database changes like letting you toss a stock on the MP5k and slightly increases raid times.

I started to look into that last night before I figured out deleting the cache folder. I then decided to be lazy and copy the aki_data\and user\mod\ folders to my desktop, make my edits in there, and copy them back. Then if anything gets overwritten again I'll just copy 'em in again until they stick. My stubbornness knows no bounds.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

REDjackeT posted:

I figured out how to mod a little because I got annoyed redoing the json files after update number 3 in like two weeks for spt-aki. My little mod does database changes like letting you toss a stock on the MP5k and slightly increases raid times.

So I started doing this too because I was also annoyed at having to redo changes again and again. Something in the bepinex patcher/aki server/launcher chain is very aggressive about, idk, protecting file integrity? It's frustrating as all hell.

I've had the game overwrite changes I've made to a mod's config file! Where it pulls these original files from, I have no idea. I cant find an obviously titled folder lurking in my appdata or elsewhere, anyway.

To start with I did the easy route: adding a couple lines to the code of a mod I was already using, changing some item properties. Load in: they're the same. Weird, close out, let's check the code!

...the file had been restored to its state from the last time I launched. My changes were gone.

I even did a fresh spt install to see if something was funky (I had originally copied it across from my desktop to my laptop after all) still the same poo poo. And the whole "delete the cache folder" truck was only working sometimes. The best solution I've found so far is: keeping all the files I've changed open in notepad++, launch the game, close the game, tell notepad I don't want to update the files with the new changed contents, save them again, launch again. Now my changes are there. It's the weirdest poo poo.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

0) Have the basement keycard
1) Turn on power
2) Run up to the burger joint at the back of the top floor
3) Push a hidden button at the urinal
4) Sprint down to the Hell Mouth and near the break between the two sections of the underground garage you'll see a door
5) Open that door
6) Loot the items
7) Open the inner door to loot Killa's stash
8) Close the outer door to extract

NOT SHOWN: Get green-tipped in the eye somewhere after you push the upstairs button, and have a scav loot the extract and seal themself in.

That sounds like a massive pain in the dick

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

That's fair, I always hate having to run all the way to railway.

I never, ever remember to bring cash.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

My first post to become a thread title, rad.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Definitely going to look into one of the improved spawn point mods for SPT. Gets a bit old to hear a rash of gunfire and stumble upon half the bots on the map lying dead around the OK Corral RUAF Checkpoint.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Vayra posted:

that happens in live, too

Oh sure, but thanks to the power of mods I might be able to somewhat alleviate it, if not fix it.

I'm sure I will come to regret this as I get shot up sprinting through a previously Known Safe Zone.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Honestly I had more trouble with that drat bronze pocketwatch (well, surviving to extract with the bastard) my first time around.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I mowed down Rashala and his goons in dorms, carefully checked around then set to loot goblining it up, then some silent footsteps ninja instantly killed me with a .336 shot out of nowhere.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Goodbye, favorite AK, I barely knew ye. Spawned in to the Hermetic Door access bunker on Reserve, ran outside and started up the hill between the two bunkers towards the nearby tank for Revision, and got fed HE from an AGS. Time in raid: 35 seconds. Thanks, Tarkov.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

For a long time I stayed away from Streets due to all the talk about memory leaks and terrible performance and what not, until I hit a critical mass of quests and decided it was time to try the new map.

It's...really not terrible? Even on my laptop with an iGPU (using FSR) its as playable as any other map. I guess BSG made some performance passes on it, or SPT tweaked some things. And now I'm finding I quite like it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

What’s your first clue you might not be getting a representative experience?

No poo poo, but I can still be pleasantly surprised that performance is better than I was expecting it to be.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Concurred posted:

put three lasers on your gun at all times and pretend you're the Predator

I'm glad I'm not the only one

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Personally I can't wait for SPT to update for the new patch so I can go after a bunch of scavs with a PKM. :buddy:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

:cry:

I got jeager letter, quest stuck on complete. I guess I don't get Jeager this wipe !!!

I've heard that for stuck quests the fix is to close out of the game and hit 'clear cache' in the launcher. It should clear up next time you play.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The game is most fun when everyone is running factory with whatever poo poo they care to lose trying to do stirrup. Prove me wrong.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Eww, 5.45

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

TJChap2840 posted:

Thanks for the early game brain dump!

I struggle with a good keybind setup for ADS, holding breath, leaning, changing scopes. What kind of setups do you use to make those things easy?

Consider moving "hold breath" off of alt, or changing the scope switching hotkeys to not include alt. Kinda sucks to realize you burned your arm stamina faster by switching zoom on your scope and beginning to hold your breath with the same command.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Nidhg00670000 posted:

It's completely ineffective, but dumping mags down corridors by blind firing around corners is good fun.

This drum holds 95 rounds and by god I'm gonna use em.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I've installed SPTarkov this evening out of curiosity and I'm still awful, I'm surprised by how often bosses are on those maps too, because I've never seen most of them on the live game.

Yeah their base spawn rates are much higher by default in SPT than on live. Like 25-33% for most of them, iirc.

E: I hope you like getting mercilessly murdered by the goons. Birdeye and Big Pipe are real assholes.

Arrath fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 6, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Headshot scavs on shoreline with a shotgun while wearing a pompom hat with a broken arm and under the effects of ododoblobobolbous during rain and a full moon 0/20

Yeah nah I'm go no thanks

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

I'm like 0 for 10 on woods for that fuckin convoy quest and I'm seriously considering hiding in a bush for 20 minutes to hopefully kill off every non-scav on the map before I start going for it.

Don't tempt the monkey's paw. The time you do it will be the time the Goons spawn at radio tower lol

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Group tarkov can certainly be a mixed bag.

In one of the first games I played, we did a scav run trio. Before loading in I mentioned "oh rad I have a mosin" Upon loading in my friend went "oh sweet that scav has a mosin" and shot me in the face.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I've been playing SPT since Friday and having a lot of fun. The SAIN 2.0 mod makes all the AI better and scavs actually react by running, taking cover, breaking line of sight, and leaning/peeking rather than just locking on and walking in a straight line.
Also one of the graphics mods removes the fog everywhere and fixes a lot of the lighting.

It's unreal that BSG doesn't just hire these modders or give them some cash and implement some of the systems.

The preset "personality types" for AI players are hilarious too, some of them are little low level Timmy pmcs that are frightened by you while others act like sweaty no lifer chads with meta kits jumping around corners and taunting you.

Is that the latest 3.7 WIP build?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

NJersey posted:

Since SPT has been the big topic in here lately, thought I'd let everyone know SPT 3.7 just released.

Oh hell yes, I had just checked discord earlier today and saw RC2 was out so I was hoping it was coming soon. Guess I checked too early! Thanks!

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'm a big fan of Softcore (possibly abandoned by the original author, forked and running on 3.7 by a different mod dev on discord but unsupported): all kinds of changes to gameplay, its great
Tyr's Fragmentation setter: sets the fragmentation chance on all bullets to 0 so there's no "dice rolled that the round fragments and does 5x damage, you die"
Medical Attention: improves medkits in general and makes them very configurable.

I just changed the version string in the package.json files for the latter two from their old versions and they seem to be working just fine, so far.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

When you nail that iron sights bolt headshot for Tarkov Shooter pt 2 but it was at 39.8m. :shepicide:

I can't complain too hard, I found a violet keycard in a shack at the lumbermill at level 7, no more scramble to earn enough for junk boxes for me!

Arrath fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Oct 9, 2023

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

fennesz posted:

If you play SP Tarkov you are a coward. Play online.

Nah I'm good.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I went into Customs just trying for a quick in and out to get that drat pocketwatch. I spawned at the big warehouse of gun boxes next to the extortionist cabin and what did I find on the shelf of random items?

A Goddamm ledx!

Naturally my careful scurry to try to survive to extract resulted in me stumbling into multiple spawn waves around construction and 15 minutes of heart pounding cat and mouse as footsteps pounded all around me. I had to trade out my armor and helmet over the course of it, and left with about half a mag of looted and hastily repacked ammo. And 15 kills.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wrr posted:

Did the new version add a feature where sometimes loot containers spawn in different spots is that a SP Tarkov mod feature?

Yeah a new feature in the latest tarkov patch. Some containers are static and always there same as always, some are dynamic and may or may not appear. I think they added new containers as well.

It's pretty well screwed up my tried and true woods or shoreline barrel cache runs.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I would eventually like to see it move to a more dynamic world in a few respects.

Hooplah posted:

Yeah, they need to do a bit more with it, like changing the world geometry. remove a truck here, add a campsite there, that kinda thing.

This would be pretty cool, even randomize door states so you don't have an at-a-glance "oh someone went in here" tell for every building out there. Maybe even have otherwise locked door occasionally open (not marked or high tier loot rooms but random quest doors)

I think the current dynamic container system is a good start but they should fully embrace it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

null_pointer posted:

Resurrecting this thread from the third page to ask if there are any offline modes for tarkov. Yes I know it's PVP, but I need some PVE otherwise I'll just be a never-ending loot pinata. I think there's one single player mod out there, but there's a non-zero chance that using it gets you banned? I guess?

Apologies if this is a dumb question. I'm still incredibly new at this.

Just don't run them at the same time and you're golden.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

null_pointer posted:

Sorry, I'm confused. Don't run both what at the same time? The single player mod and tarkov? How would that even work?
:confused:

Like Saganlives said, don't pollute your live install folder. And once you have SPT up and running, only run either the official BSG launcher and game, or the SPT local server and client at any one time. Fully close one out before you launch the other, as if you'd have any reason to start Live Tarkov after you have SPT installed.

Whether or not it's urban legend that the anti-piracy/cheat stuff in the official game will detect that you're running the modified client, better to be safe.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'll add a few SPT mods of my own:

* Medical Attention - If, like me, you're bad and turn up your health to compensate for it, this lets you change med items to match. You can tune the total healing available in each med kit, how much it'll heal in a single use, and even extra effects like making AFAK's fix fractures.
    * No Ammunition Fragmentation - Sets the fragmentation chance for all ammo to 0. Removes the random chance for a bullet to roll for exponential damage and destroy you instantly.
    * Open Extracts - Configure extract availability. Want all extracts available at all times? Sure! Even the ones on your spawn side of the map? Sure! Want to change co-op extracts to paid ones? Sure!
    * Armand's Hitmarker - Adds typical shooter hit markers around your crosshairs, can also configure it to add kill feeds and the like. Helpful to track if bosses have spawned.
    * Realistic Thermals - Upgrades thermal scopes to match their real life spec sheets, for resolution and refresh rate. No more game boy camera size sensors with 10hz screens. Also removes the arbitrary thermal cut-off range.
    * Punisher Boss Mod - Say hi to Frank Castle. Custom head model and reskined armor to have the punisher skull. 1% spawn chance that increases as you survive. He will seek you out, scream out some voice clips from the movies/show, and scare the absolute gently caress out of you.
    * Softcore - Currently not maintained by the author, its on the SPT discord as a "I updated it cause I enjoy it, use at your own risk" by someone else. A lot of changes to make a more consistent RPG flow to the game with a focus on barter trades, adds a crafting progression to the secure cases. Go read the SPT hub page for full details.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Wrr posted:

I turned off the PMC Questing mod since I think it was making they game super hitchy for me. I think it may have also increased the amount of PMCs in general too since I've been killing nothing but them and I need to kill scavs.

Yeah the questing bots mod has it's own PMC spawning feature you'll want to disable if you're running SWAG, else you'll find yourself with double the PMCs. As you found, it is also pretty performance intensive. I used it for about 4 raids before I ditched it for more frames.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

The pain of finding a few car batteries (or, god forbid, a tank battery) early and having to cram them in with the rest of your junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Gotta love when a quick 5 minute trip to dorms for the machinety key ends up in a slow waddle to extract (it's the one time the car isn't there), fat with class 5 armor and hundreds of rounds of good ammo from Rashala and the boys.