Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

I am majorly stuck on Sanitary Standards part II. Are there any almost guaranteed spawns for gas analysers?

I feel like I have looted 30+ tech crates, countless toolboxes and I've run the tech stores and OLI a dozen times. I think I found one in a stash somewhere and another in a filing cabinet but died before exfil.

The fixed-spawn fetch quests (Checking, Delivery from the Past etc) I've done in one attempt, but this RNG stuff is giving me a headache. Jaeger's ones were also ridiculous. I think I must have opened 20+ ration crates to find the final stew that I needed.

VVVVV The biggest collection of those are the bunker on Reserve, right?

Right behind the idea computer room is a small storage room full of tech spawns (if your at the front door of idea, the pc room is on your left), I've seen gas analysers on the shelves there on probably like 30% of my runs. I've even seen them just sitting on a desk in that same pc room.

Otherwise filing cabinets, the reserve underground is full of cabinets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
This is my first wipe where I'm playing from the start of the wipe, and having gun fights that last 2-3 minutes has been the best experience so far. Mediocre ammo plus guns with poor recoil, and armor not being useless has created a fun environment for sure.

I got smoked my first 3 pmc raids because I was rushing objectives like crack house for salewas, and trying to get Jaeger's letter, and I lost most of my starter gear as a result, but two good runs later and I've got a full stash and doubled my starting roubles (I'm still only on the cheapest version of the game).

I think I'm going to enjoy the grind to lvl 20 a lot more than last time if it keeps playing like this.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Honestly if the level 1 stash wasn't so bad I wouldn't mind the flea changes. But after just ten raids I have room for one or two weapons, one armor a few headsets and the rest of my whole stash is full of hideout or quest items

Lvl 1 stash is real harsh. Mines full of rigs to give me slightly more space, then guns and a backpack stack. I love playing scav, but I don't have the stash space to do it.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
My fave trader ui bug is typing in a quantity but it gives you a quantity you didn't ask for. It seems to happen when you highlight the quantity to change it

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

There are cultists on Customs at night. I've seen them near the fortress.

Can confirm. Had my first ever run in with cultists on a 5am customs scav run, thought it was a scav at first but then he turned and charged me with the knife out, then one of his buddies did the same after doming a fellow player scav.

2 easy kills for me, and I got some cool guns out of it. Also early wipe the knives going for 14k to Jaeger is really good money.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I lucked out and got 2 of the 3 gpus needed for farming part 4 on back to back woods raids. One was in a stash, the other in a duffle bag.

Ice cream cones is what's holding me up. I've only got the basic edition so I was trying to save my screws for the stash upgrade, but I gave up and upgraded the lavatory last night to craft em. Checked zb14 on woods many times with no luck.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
So at the end of last wipe, bsg put out the stats regarding the percentage of bears vs usec, and it was like 2/3rds of players were usec.

I swear on aus servers its flipped this wipe, I'm still stuck on friend from the west part one after like 25 pmc kills since unlocking the quest. At this rate I'll have punisher part 5 half done before finishing it

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I upgraded to eod with the current 15% off, and having used the alpha case for like 18 months, I had no idea what to put in the gamma. I got super used to filling my four slots with "quest key, ammo stack and a cms".

First thing I did was buy a lion for docs case barter (100k cheaper, I had everything else)

So now I've got 5 slots filled, (same items, just replace the quest key with the docs case).

What else do people take into raid in their gamma? Or do I just keep it empty for vendor loot?

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

including players who will reach that level, not many

Epsilon is unlocked by finishing the punisher quest line which unlocks in the mid 20s. Not sure what level the last quest requires but I'm only 28 and have part 4 mostly done.

E: checked the wiki, the level requirement is even lower than I thought. Lvl 21 for punisher part 6.

Copper For Lyfe fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 12, 2021

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

What's so special about it? Looks like you're wearing half an EOD suit.

You need two for a ragman quest, one >50% and one <50%.

Finding one under 50 is much harder. They don't have to be found in raid, hence people selling them on the flea. I got mine at a "steal" for like 1.8 mill. They been like 3m+ forever

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I've lucked out with gunsmith. I pretty much extract with whatever gun parts I find. A few I've gone to check the flea, seen the crazy price then checked the wiki and seen I should hang onto it for when I get around to pumping some gunsmith quests.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Mellow_ posted:

Plenty of people still play modded DayZ which sucks a ton compared to Tarkov and has a lot of that kind of stuff.

Game will be fine.

Ye, DayZ actually had its highest ever concurrent players of all time in a single day twice this week which is mind blowing to me.

Tarkov numbers may drop, but I don't see the player base getting so low that next to no one is playing it.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I've only had two times I've thought I've run into a hacker, both times in reserve scav runs.

First one was me and my buddy both died within 5 seconds of spawning in the Bunker fields were the Xmas tree was. As we spawned there was full auto fire going off across the map, then 5 seconds later we were dead to fill auto fire from close range.

2nd time was a suppressed sniper i'm guessing up at the dome who just kept peppering the wall i was standing on the other side of as I looted one of the garage buildings. Every where I went in the garage, the closest wall to me was getting shot on the other side.

In terrible at spottingng people and die to the unknown often, but those are the only two instances I've thought it was cheats/hacking.

To a different topic, how often does everyone run into someone with either of them 7.62 or .366 veprs loaded with the wrong ammo?

I killed a duo last night who both had the .366 variant loaded with 7.62. Easiest kills I've ever had.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Captain Stalin posted:

Is this something that can be played casually?

I don't mind rough learning curves, but I don't have a ton of time to play on any given day (maybe an hour).

And is there any up to date guides to look at? The basic gameplay loop seems pretty straight forward, but I'm curious about the minutiae.

An hour a day probably equates to one scav run and one pmc run a day.

Doing that you'll never run out of money as the scav run will constantly fund any pmc deaths.

Progress will be very slow whe it comes to quests and unlocking traders, but it shouldn't be any less fun.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I just hit 15 after only joining this wipe 2 weeks ago, and I've basically used the same sks with nothing but a dovetail okp7 on it for all but 3 or 4 raids.

Sks doesn't really need much done to it due to its semi auto nature. And ps ammo is especially good now with the flea changes.

I carry a backup pistol for between reloads, as the sks reload animation (with 20round mags) feels longer than others. Pistols saved my life and taken the lives of other pmcs several times so far.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
My scav location depends on what I need to find. I'll usually scav interchange once every couple days just to fill up my holodilniks.

My go to money maker is custom stash runs as a scav. Even spawning in with less than 15 minutes, I'll hit 8+ untouched stashes each run. My duo buddy regularly runs woods stashes and puts my money making to shame, but I still can't navigate that map for poo poo after 3 wipes.

I try avoid reserve unless part of a scav gang as I've found it basically has a similar amount of scav on scav violence as before scav karma was implemented.

Best scav runs at spawning in, rounding a corner and stumbling upon dead bosses, guards and pmcs, and getting first dibs on all the loot before any one else shows up.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Mellow_ posted:

Village & Sawmill usually, sometimes that lovely bunker up in the mountain too.

Scav Bunker is one of the most insane places when it comes to pve. Obviously doesn't really apply for scav runs, but I was doing the tough guy quest for jaeger, where you gotta kill 3 scavs on woods without healing.

I ran all around the usual spots looking for scavs and didn't find any so I decided I had to go to scav Bunker.

Ran into 4 ai scavs at the Bunker, somehow I took em all down with the double barrel without getting so hurt I had to pop meds. My adrenaline was through the roof for a good 10 minutes after safely extracting.

Any time I go near that place, there's always 4 or more scavs lurking around.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Ahh, so that's what blue tape is useful for.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Mate of mine had -11 fence rep thanks to killing Santa repeatedly, and his vehicle extracts topped out at 20k roubles i believe.

His scav timer was over 24 hours at one point, not sure what the cap for that is. Moonshine runs on his scav case would take over 24 hours too.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

aniviron posted:

At least in my friend's case he accidentally popped Santa a couple times in situations that weren't immediately obvious, and then figured he was so deep in the hole he might as well embrace it.

Yea it was this. He said gently caress it and started farming Santa backpacks and hats, so he could pretend to be Santa at the end of the wipe whenever that happens.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Zipperelli. posted:

I've died 9 raids in a row now to "head, eyes" on factory.

I haven't seen a PMC, yet 8 of the aforementioned raids I've died to a PMC according to the post-raid screen.

What the absolute hell am I doing wrong? How am I supposed to kill people I can't see? This patch seems to be the worst yet in terms of just getting absolutely dragged every single time I load in.

Don't sprint everywhere for one. If someone can hear you coming, chances are they'll also see you before you see them.

I'm not particularly comfortable with recoil control on full auto guns, so I tend to run a lot of sr25s, m1as etc. Gotta make your shots count, but when they do hit they hit hard.

Being more comfortable using semi auto means I love shotguns. I've always dreaded doing setup and silent caliber, but this wipe, it's been way more successful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXTVEDKIVWk

Here's me getting a quick triple kill on some dudes id spotted down at the bus depot on customs, so I just waited patiently for them to come to me.

I still think I'm awful at pvp, I'm level 41 and have like 80 pmc kills total this wipe, but I get better everyday just by playing.

There's no sudden switch to getting good, it's just about learning as you go. Practice makes perfect as they say.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

El Jebus posted:

I've been trying to think about what might make it a better map with minimal changes and my first thought is always "what if they got rid of the fence preventing crossing anywhere in the bottom third?". It wouldn't be perfect but I think it would be better.

Pier needs a 2nd entrance from the other side, maybe a land bridge connecting construction to the light house.

Also put scavs back at road to customs and the green tower at the other end of the same road. Also don't think I've seen any ai at cottages or the village all wipe unless sani and his boys have spawned there. Shoreline scav spawns are super light this wipe.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

It’s impossible for DLSS to not look more blurry than not using it. Why is anyone surprised by this?

People are experiencing the blur with PC's they can't even activate dlss on as a result of this patch.

Something went wrong in the update

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Sks with ps is great early.

Ump was great this wipe.

Double barrel rocks too

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Given there an option to all spawn separately in co-op, it's almost like having custom lobbies, so if you wanna just have some pvp with a bunch of mates, battle royale style, you can do that.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Played my first raids of the wipe with the usual team mates last night, after having not played since July. Died my very first raid to friendly fire.

The Tarkov Experience.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Lighthouse no good now? I got my first gold skull ring on there today which was a nice find.

I've dug myself out of the financial hole I was in too, I'm back to having a decent amount of gear again but nothing amazing... I want to try and save up for that stash box so stash management is a bit easier..

Where can I get 4x or 8x scopes from somewhat reliably? The only way I can get them right now is looting I think. I want to practise with bolt actions a little before I have to go to iron sights for the quest..

"Scope shack" on woods is good. It's the shack just past the checkpoint with the SUV on the way to the out skirts extract. You'll pass it if you leave the lumbering and keep closish to the water. It's a shack with a camp fire outside it with a couple weapon crates, but inside the shack there is multiple scope spawns.

Reserve rooftops of the knight buildings is probably the other decent loose loot spot for scopes, though they'll be much more mixed in with other attachments.

Other than that just focus on weapon crates.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
They're pretty common in tech supply crates too i think

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Some of the quests break my brain. 3 pistol kills is something I'll never manage without a lot of luck and a small fortune spent in pistols..

That quest (stirrup) doesn't lead to anything. I get it done just by rocking a side arm with my bolty on woods or shoreline most of the time.

I wish I could play streets, but my experience so far is having a black screen for the first two minutes of the raid, then when I can finally see, the next 3 minutes I get teleported back to where I spawned until it eventually stops.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I finally got my 2nd skier flash drive last night. Cottage safe on shoreline.

Level 20 and only just unlocked friend from the West

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Yea woods is weird. The scav bunker/usec camp spawn even gets out skirts as it's extract, when un roadblock is probably 50% further away

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Completed friend from the West at lvl 24 lol.

Killed about 15 bears while i had the quest, and about 8 of them were while on 6/7 usec kills.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Shumagorath posted:

What region do you play in? That’s a whacked USEC/BEAR ratio.

OCE. I think anyone who's been playing a while now in aus is a bear. Fresh players pick usec.

Think it was just my luck though. My squad killed plenty off usecs in that time period.

It got to the point yesterday where I was dropping dudes, and exclaiming "he was a loving bear" in frustration because I wasn't getting the task compete pop up.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
In level 25, and still run the pp19 with a dong handgaurd, butt pad and dovetail okp7.

Its fine for pvp if you fish for headshots. The recoil is so manageable, you just dump the whole mag towards their face. Accuracy by volume.

9mm struggles aiming centre mass with so many scavs wearing lvl 3 and 4 armor.

So if you can't break the habit and go for legs, the pp is a pretty great headshot hunter.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
6.5mm express is great imo. One extra pellet, and the pellets still do enough damage that one pellet can one shot the face.

You want to be aiming legs tho unless your real close.

Mag buck does more damage if every pellet hits. Against unarmored enemies, I dont think any thing will else will kill someone quicker than mag buck.

Flechette is the first thing you'll unlock with any pen I think, as .50 and ap20 are quest locked, so until then just aim for stomach/legs with buckshot.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Ran a 3 man night time woods yesterday. Ran into a duo, my two mates died, I got hurt pretty bad. Another pmc comes out of nowhere and smokes the two guys, and starts voiping with me asking if I'm OK, and we buddy up for the rest of the raid.

I fully expected him to kill me at the extract, but instead he cleared out all the scavs at out skirts and made sure I got out safe while we just chit chatted.

Haven't had a friendly encounter like that since the early days that VoIP was added.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

WirelessPillow posted:

Man nobody goes to the office of Factory anymore, what a wonderful task "Kill 6 PMC's in the office of Factory" is.
I'm just going to move on from it.

Yea, last night I decided to finally do this quest.

The good news is the area includes the office and both floors under it from stairwell to stairwell.

I had a horrible time because as mentioned, everyone dies before getting to the office, or as last night went, they're camping gate 3.

The one "good" raid i had ended with a guy camping the door to one of the stairwells with a ks23.

Your going to lose money doing the quest. I ended up doing a scav run between attempts, using the kit from that but with a fresh gun.

I did 6 or so factory runs last night, getting a kill most runs, but only one of them was in the designated area.

So at this rate its going to be 30 raids to get the 6 kills.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I hope he just means barters on the flea. Because yea, half the loot in the game is barter items.

I like having items from traders restricted to being behind barters. It makes those barter items feel more valuable, like when you need just one more squash for an esky, when you find it, it feels like a win. Its more rewarding finding things in raid than clicking "purchase" and getting a message saying "item is already sold".

I know barters are kinda pointless when you can just exchange roubles for the required items on the flea, but its a game mechanic that I think is cool, even if it can be circumvented.

Edit: Yea its just flea barters that are removed, a good decision imo.

Copper For Lyfe fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 3, 2023

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
The new grouping with friends mechanic is the best improvement of the lot imo.

Since 13.3 dropped, I've had massive issues with stuttering and my frame rate jumping all over the place between 5 and 125 fps. No idea what caused it, but I turned mip processing on and now it's completely stable at 65fps.

Just figured I'd share in case anyone else been having similar issues.

Pre patch my game ran fine. Still can't play streets though.

Also, interchange as a map is great. Fix the lighting and adjust spawns and it probably overtakes customs as my fave map. Run down malls are sick video game locations.

Interchange inspired me to make this dayz map edit a couple years ago.

https://youtu.be/DtbhJU5pvzw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

hello internet posted:

Why would you ever want a flashlight on your helmet instead of your gun in this game?

In dayz they were super useful in servers where nvgs were super rare. But with nvgs being so easy to come by in current tarkov, I agree they're basically useless when you can just have one on your gun or buy some nvgs for 30k roubles off the flea.

I've really been enjoying the current wipe, but I'll probably barely touch this upcoming short wipe with all the releases coming up.