Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Has anyone else been encountering more and more "Anticheat connection failed" errors this wipe? I swear, almost every time I go out as a Scav it's like 10 minutes on the dot before I get one. I even switched ISPs for a bit to check if it was that but nope, still disconnects into game crashes all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

Is RB-ST worth looting? I bought the key for the quests and the wiki mentions a bunch of high-end loot spawns, but I don't think i've ever found more than a vog and an AK in there.

What the hell man, that's like one of the most profitable loot location on Reserve :psyduck: Definately keep it.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

sinburger posted:

Changes poo poo up and forces people to prep for raids differently or change up their goals in raid ("get in get out" vs. "sit on rear end and wait for sniper shots" or "wait and rat"). Also it drives pushing players to food heavy locations which is going to affect play.

I can't imagine I'm alone in finding tarkov a fun game to play partly because of how it incorporates various survival elements into the gameplay.

I was thinking that the end of last wipe, with the news and new event every day, was basically a week of tests for how this wipe will go. Always something happening in Tarkov.
I hope we get more, this seems fun.

EDIT: Also funny how it directly counters the "camp on shelf" strat someone posted yesterday :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mae posted:

I love quenching my thirst on a hot day with a carton of milk I found on a barrel in the woods

Speaking of, goddamn are new Woods a blessing. I took a break last wipe and on the old Woods there was really no reason to go there other than quests. Now, with new loot places and improved loot in general, Woods is finally the place to make money instead of losing money. Scav/Usec camps just have so much poo poo it's ridiculous. I go in as a scav and leave with a BP full of food and drinks, not to mention military gear. Plus I have great luck with Shturhman, got him a lot of times.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
New event incoming:
https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1422595578261868545

Supposedly Glukhar talking to some his mates, mentioning key prices at vendors beting very low:

Kosoy and Kaban are names of Glukhar followers.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Aug 4, 2021

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Okay, so I love this patch. The Sorting Table added to post-Scav inventory management helps a ton, since you can finally disassemble weapons before putting them into stash. So does the fact that a succesful scav extract will net you a 0.01 point with Fence! No killing neccessary!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I tried farming some V-ex for that sweet Fence karma and nearly shat myself when I realized that I have to survive a whole minute next to the car on Customs.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Bosses will attack Scavs under 6 Fence karma, won't they?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Speaking of interchange - was it documented anywhere why all gym bags spawn as opened there? All the gym bags and only on interchange have to be closed and then reopened. If you don't know this, it just seems like some lucky scav was faster than you in getting them.
But after I've found a cyclone and a labs keycard looking for "leftovers" the pattern clicked in my head.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
That "look up and wiggle" thing works only while sprinting btw.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, first experience is fine with the Standard, but once the first wipe rolls around, the better editions improve the experience a bit.
Not much, but once you know what to look out "for later", having that extra space is a godsend if you find 3 gas analysers on your first raid in a file cabinet at Customs.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Why is it that every time I loot filing cabinets they appear closed but I always find them open in game?
Are people intentionally doing something to make them stay open after looting?

It goes like this: if a container was opened before you loaded in, it will be shown to you as closed, even if it was looted. If someone opened a container while you are loaded in, then it will show as opened and you will have to close and reopen it to see the loot.
The only exception to this are the gym bags in interchange and interchange alone, because they will always show as pre-opened, even if you are the first one to load into the map.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
They actually pay gun manufacturers for licensing tho

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The XP rewards are huge. These quests pay as much as Gunsmith 4, half of "Place Wifi Cameras for Skier" or more than "Run trough all the bunker exits on Reserve on one life and extract" for Prapor. The sellable rewards and roubles are laughable, but the XP will help low level players immensly.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 22, 2021

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Sneaky Wombat posted:

I think VoIP doesn't make sense till there is incentive to work with other PMCs. It would be nice if group VoIP was an option making teaming with randos easier.

If VoIP let's scavs coordinate, that would be kinda rad. Some kind of incentive to help each other would have to be in place, or kill on site is going to be the standard.

I think the reality is the Player base would use it to annoy each other more than being helpful.

Well, the "bring PMC and a Scav" exits will be easier to coordinate and those give you high level loot for using them now.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
BEAR boys represent!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Bussamove posted:

Oh hey, something to make finding nice gear an actual treat instead of just buying loadouts off the flea 24/7, nice.

Anything to cut down on the insane amount of sweatlords in late-wipe. I'm too terrible at this game still to deal with that.

Oh no gently caress no. Soemtimes I can grab a weapon off a sweatlord by sheer luck, and now I won't be able to buy fitting ammo? That one loving sucks.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
More opportunities to get third partied as well, so I think that this is one of the inevitable consequences of voip BSG had to forsee. I thought the restrictions were for people who would spam their music or troll with game sounds instead of talking.

I doubt that baiting people into getting killed would be bannable.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Finally :allears:

Tarkov as it meant to be played.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

hello internet posted:

Ahh drat. I used it more for the instant replay manual save but oh well.

Shadowplay still works, Highlights is just an automatic, game specific version of that. You can still manually save the last X minutes of gameplay.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Good on him, I lose 100% of my fights in that situation. I hear someone in the library, I try to set up for a snipe and get killed every in time.

Sometimes even grenades can't save me.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Bucnasti posted:

I'm specifically talking about reserve and why it's so good for scaving when you're leveling up.

Interchange is good for getting a few specific items like statues and food for trades later in the game.

If you can hit the Scav and USEC Camp on time, there's no beating Woods for food.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

hello internet posted:

I find playing my PMC way less stressful. Having to wonder whos safe to shoot gets annoying. Having a stash completely full of poo poo helps you get over gear fear when you just need to make some drat space.

Condensed milk + propital will get you exactly 5 minutes of dehydration while getting healed. Just lay in a bush somewhere, pop the milk, propital up the vain and wait. Get a water bottle to re-hydrate later and heal up any damage and extract, because extraction is also a part of that quest.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
There's a patch being deployed and oh wow
https://twitter.com/bstategames/status/1474654002302357506?t=DlEEEdRnTC7K989T5yGXWQ&s=19

Aside from it being really cool, this is some testing for Streets and I can't wait for more.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I hit Santa and just let him finish me off, I was a naughty boy.

Next raid, I find him in the basement of Old Gas Station, nearly poo poo my loving pants and he gives me some sort of a new pipe wrench? At least it sold at Mechanic for 70k so that's something.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Throwing a grenade is an attack btw, as i learned the hard way :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Nikita heard the cries of people who lost reputation in this event:
https://twitter.com/tarkov/status/1475441599748485127?t=ix6Dfe5CkyDxht1oR0tEgw&s=19

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

sinburger posted:

I'm torn because hand holding koombaya tarkov is weird to me, but I also hates liars.

Like if you're gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

"Friendly?"

"No, prepare to die"

At least there was honesty when I went to repair stuff for Mechanice on Factory.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

BrotherJayne posted:

Lol. Set up the laptop todo the 22 hours of drop watching on twitch.

Got 5 esmarches 1 psu 1 double barreled shotgun, 2 medical tools, and one other bit of absolute garbage

Yeah, my "rare" drop was 3 wires. The drops this year were clearly nefred, I will miss having a keytool/doc case.

Oh well gotta hunt Shturman.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

I've killed Santa twice. RIP my karma.

Is the queue system new? I am 17,384 in the queue

Yeah I was 37000 something in my queue, that took half an hour. It sucks, but I completely understand. I think Airdrops pulled in more players than they bargained for.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kashwashwa posted:

77772 for me right now.... what is this nonsense? does this happen very often or is there something catastrophically wrong with their servers or something

Twitch drops, new wipe with new stuff, new map with good loot, VoIP, last week of the (very good) Christmas event, Airdrops, plus it's the new years weekend, a lot of people have free time.

Every single one of those points is enough to pull old and new players in, and the playerbase just grows. This is new to everyone.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh poo poo, I got a ton new christmas quests after completing To The Tree. Holy poo poo that's a lot of stuff I could have been doing already what the actual gently caress BSG why do you gate time limited content so much you dipshits.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I thought the scaled effect was mostly on the Scav timer, not weapons.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also the performace is tied to network as well as CPU, so when the servers poo poo the bed, you get lovely framerates and locks.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, I have not been following Tarkov closely for a while, but I've heard that there are some events now? Is this the mid-wipe or late-wipe and the new patch is just around the corner?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

There's also these two
https://twitter.com/tarkov/status/1511399233689116682?s=20&t=BY-BRKK--nZGxvg6A1QgcA

https://twitter.com/tarkov/status/1511434191614971909?s=20&t=BY-BRKK--nZGxvg6A1QgcA

Looks like an alternative Reserve boss and Lighthouse boss?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Gay Hitler posted:

Fence just started buying stuff for more than therapist, ragman, or mechanic used to pay. He's buying bitcoins for 341k right now

He's not good at this monopoly thing, he should be undercutting the prices like crazy :v:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So, wipe this week? Seeing as currently everything is free in-game, seams plausible. Do we have any information on what they might be dropping into the game with this patch? Streets?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

For sure we're getting an expansion to Lighthouse, and possibly a new quest line to unlock the new trader.

If Streets drops, it's not expected.

Heh, I've mostly skipped this patch so I don't even have lighthouse explored properly. Maybe everyone will go for the extention so I will be able to roam around other parts in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
After the expansion, I have to admit Woods loving rock.