Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
I want to like this game so much but I'm so dogshit at it
I keep hearing other people coming, laying an ambush and then just get rocked instantly before I can take a shot the moment the other guy comes into view, despite knowing full well where and when he's going to appear. I mean I know I would have lost the fight anyway, me naked with my SKS versus some chad with an MP7 (It's always MP7s for some reason) but still it's frustrating not even being able to even fire a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
I've started a SPT run with Traveler and a mod that makes every trader use randomly generated barter trades instead of money a couple days ago, it's a lot of fun so far.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
I've found Looting bots to be more than sufficient to get the bots running around the map getting into fights, and they do things that actually matter from your perspective, questing bots doesn't make that much of an additional difference for how intensive it is.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
There is an option in SAIN for a more accurate bush detection thing, you have to enable the advanced options to see it. Also, I like to use this https://hub.sp-tarkov.com/files/file/1453-that-s-lit/ it helps bot detection make more sense and be less binary.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
The only mods I consider mandatory is one of the spawn mods so bots aren't restricted to the normal Tarkov scav spawns, else it gets stale really quickly when there are vast swathes of the map you will never encounter anyone.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

Hooplah posted:

personally i find SPT more boring because AI can be cheesed and baited in many cases. sniping in particular is way way easier because real players get a sense for when they're being watched and path accordingly

Have you tried a recent SAIN version ? The base Tarkov AI is simplistic and fairly terrible but SAIN bots are fairly impressive, in particular they are really good at taking appropriate cover to engage you, frustratingly so at times if you let them.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
The default settings leave the bosses tuned lower than live but that's just a matter of turning up the spotting and accuracy sliders for the boss AI in the F6 menu if you enjoy the live AI antiaircraft turret experience. On that note I like the That's Lit mod for revamping AI spotting, it adds a lot more nuance to the model and allows you to turn ai spotting up without rendering the game unplayable (Note : turn off the SAIN ESP bush protection if you use that or the bots will be very blind)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

FrenzyTheKillbot posted:

This explains a lot. I have been playing around with SPT with some of the recommendations from this thread and it's a lot better than the last time I tried it. But yesterday I was doing the bolt-action kills with iron sights and saw what I thought was a scav in the sawmill, and i know that he saw me. I headshot him, but was very confused when the Shturman achievement popped up. I thought I played it pretty well, but not well enough that I should have killed a boss. Especially in one shot with whatever poo poo ammo I had from level 1 traders.

Other than that I still feel like regular scavs aren't acting the way they should. I kinda want them to behave like live, and then add better PMC/player scav bots. I already disabled Looting Bots for scavs since (as far as i can tell) sniper scavs kept leaving their posts to try and get rich.

The AI mods aren't meant to act like live Scavs, since that's what the base SPT install is doing, but you can exclude the normal scavs from LootingBots while still keeping it active for the other bot types, it's important to give them a reason to move around the map instead of being sitting ducks waiting for them to be shot at. The F6 SAIN menu is very granular if you want it to be and you can tweak all bot types independently to taste