Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Qmass posted:

sound are amazingly detailed

A dev video showed up in my YouTube where they're recording sounds and it's literally them holding a mic up to an AK while they fired it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

tjones posted:

You: At logistics, where are you?
Buddy who never updates pos: Hold on, I hear footsteps...
You: Where?
Buddy: Over here

One of my group was using "here" but after two weeks of the rest of us saying "here is not a direction" and refusing to act he's finally using some form of "blue fence" "north".

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

FileNotFound posted:

TX-15 DML is pretty nuts as well - you can make it 28 vertical recoil.

I went up against a guy who was carrying one of these last night.

I shot him in the head with an unscoped VPO from 64 meters away while he was throwing M995 at me but whiffing a lot.
It's my gun now.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
To the bloke in factory that yelled "Cease Fire", that I wiggled at, and then shot in the head. I'm sorry. I really needed that third pistol kill.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

mysteryberto posted:

How CPU dependent is tarkov? I have a ryzen 3600 and a 3080 playing at 1440p. It runs well for the most part but still dips sometimes. Would a ryzen 5900x be worth upgrading to or is it just a case of a poorly optimized game running on unity?

Streamer Pestily upgraded from a 2080ti to a 3090 and saw a few frames of improvement.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
He wasn't wearing a helmet. He didn't deserve that gun.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

abigserve posted:

If the Tarkov AI was a bit better I could definitely get around a single player version. Shooting other players is absolutely the highlight of the game but there's still a fun game even without that.

The latest patch apparently did a bunch of stuff with the AI apparently. My group was in Customs and we came up against an AI scav that behaved a bit differently (I thought it was a player for a moment). Not sure if that was a placebo effect because of the patch notes but I want to do some Offline testing to check.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

aniviron posted:

VOIP won't bring anything good. This isn't DayZ, the game as it exists (as opposed to how it exists in Nikita's head) is strictly a PVP/PVE shooter. Even in DayZ where the game was meant to be more sandboxy it takes custom servers with enforced rules to prevent kill on sight being the norm, because the risk of someone not cooperating back is too great to take the chance of approaching them. Tarkov is like DayZ in terms of shooting mechanics but the similarities end there, EFT doesn't have a reason to cooperate with other players full stop, you gain effectively nothing by cooperating and risk everything by doing so. VOIP will only be used to swear and blast hardbass.

I disagree with this. There is potential for it to be a poo poo show, sure. I'm expecting VOIP to be a little bit like scav karma in that if you find another PMC you can ask what quest they're on - and if it's a "place item" or "go to area" type quest it'll be possible to negotiate to team up *if* you're also on something similar. I think if people are smart they can work out how to get around without killing each other.

There will be situations where people are on quests to kill PMCs and then it'll get rough, and you'll still have people that'll kill you the moment you have your back turned but I'm thinking more people will be cooperative when they realise it minimizes the risk of gear loss.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

DrPop posted:

VOIP is everything I could have hoped for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43G8IdEXeYY

this is just what he had in his vest. two CarBatts in his backpack

You should probably re-read the patch notes regarding the use of voip.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Buff Hardback posted:

scav parties don't share extracts or anything

just think of it as dropping in the same place, but that's it

scav parties will have *one* shared extract.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

hello internet posted:

I find the whole "Everyone being nice and holding hands" poo poo really obnoxious in this game (of all games) so I go out of my way to be nice and blast people in the face when they drop their guard.

Got picked on a lot in school, huh.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

hello internet posted:

it's probably out of the amount of repetition up to this point which has formed my opinion of what the game is "supposed to be about". I've always though of it as a mini condensed dayz/diabloesque looter shooter that's kill or be killed. I'm sure as the game continues to develop, so will my expectations of the community.

The game has changed regardless of your opinions. If you can get over the idea that "holding hands" and being nice is obnoxious you'd probably have more fun. Lying to people and killing them makes you look like an edge lord internet tough guy. It's akin to a toddler not liking some other kids sandcastle and kicking it over.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

a mysterious cloak posted:

Bought this last weekend and have played a few offline maps to get a feel for it, and I think there have been almost as many jump scares in this (from suddenly getting shot at) as there are in the ghost hunting game Phasmophobia. It can be super intense even if there are no scavs around because there might be scavs around.

I just need to hook up with the goon squad and have you guys drag me around a few dozen times to get over the Gear Fear.

Phasmo is a way more chill game compared to Tarkov.
If you want to get over gear fear figure out a gun build and just use that over and over. It'll build up a tolerance to losing poo poo. Eventually you can use the more expensive stuff and know that it's ok for someone else to take it.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
My wife and I had a great scav run yesterday on Lighthouse. She scared the absolute poo poo out of a PMC who was just wanting to do a pistol loot run. I suggested we take the shared extract and off we went. Two scavs and a PMC.
We encounter another PMC on the beach and I yell out "We're taking the shared extract wanna come with?" and sure as poo poo we're now two PMCs and two scavs. Old mate at the start showed us some loot spawns he'd found and we exited out the side tunnel. Fuckin' love voip.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Charles 1998 posted:

Battlestate Games: We want the guns modability to match reality
Reality:

I really wish there was some dumb poo poo like this for scavs.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
A friend of mind had a great idea about this "remove item" thing.
Don't remove the items when the items are dropped, remove them when the player leaves the raid.
This means you can drop cash for your buddies for car extracts, and if they need injectables you can drop those too. It's also less "immersion breaking".
It also means for people that are paying RMTers will basically do it once, and then never again because the stuff they paid for is gone. An extra screen after the raid is over explaining what was deleted and why stops it been a "bug".

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

beejay posted:

You can still drop up to 20k roubles and one of each injector.

Some people have more than one friend*.

*that get shot a lot.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

ChesterJT posted:

Oh wait, is it actually awesome and we are the ones who are wrong?

Yes, that's correct.

The Too Long Didn't Watch version is that Tarkov's sound does have issues but also your sound settings are probably hosed, and it's half our own fault that we can't hear poo poo properly.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Zipperelli. posted:

Genuine question: what does this mean/what is this bug?

It means Tyler is blaming steam audio for dying instead of his audio setup and should watch Veritas' explanation on how the audio works in Tarkov. Granted, it's not without fault but a lot of the time people have poo poo wrong (are using "7.1 surround headphones", have "spatial audio" turned on in Windows ) .

I went from using my Creative G6's internal audio stuff to just pressing the "direct audio" button when I play Tarkov and the difference is night and day.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
That's pretty normal for Lighthouse. Not sure if it's broken, or just the way it works because players get killed early on or what.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

giZm posted:

Cherry picking a 4 year old video, skill issue.

Speaking of issues, are player names reserved after wipe? Like does the owner of a name get 24h or whatever to grab their name again, or is it a mad dash free for all?

It's Tarkov. Good luck, comrade.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Not sure if it's the case this wipe but once you have the Flea you can try buy Diaries and Small Diaries for under 30k roubles and sell them to Peacekeeper.

Jaeger likes Antique Axes if you need to get his $$ up too but I can't recall the price limit for them.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
There's another wipe at Xmas. You can just gently caress around till then if you really want to.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I wish I could just spot scavs easier. Ideally before they murder me.

How does everyone have sound set up? I've got q arctis pro headset and I noticed while watching halfman the other day, that in his videos I can hear the scavs and ambient noise direction far better on his video than I can in my game, which makes no sense to me.

If you can turn off any software that "adjusts" sound and emulates "5.1" or "7.1". I play Tarkov through a set of Philips SHP9500 and a Creative G6 DAC/Amp and have a profile that turns off EQ* or extra processing. The difference since doing that is night and day.
I do have Binaural turned on, but haven't done a comparison to having it off recently. Generally no issues determining location except if people are directly in front or behind.

*I technically use Equalizer APO with a profile for my headphones but that applies to everything and not just Tarkov. I have it set to drop volume when it detects "sharp" sounds like gunfire so I don't blow my eardrums apart.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Does anyone have the link to the auto sound dampener that was recommended before

https://equalizerapo.com/ and https://www.audiodamage.com/pages/free-downloads (RoughRider 3 ) are what you're after.

You may also be able to find specific EQ for your headphones for it. It can be a little daunting to set up but once it's done your ears will thank you.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Arena should always have you on the Blue team. It is ridiculous in 2024 to have to remember if I'm shooting Blue or Red.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Why insure the one on the bottom right then?

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Note that if you like it and want to upgrade, Pestily did an interview with Nikita who said there will be a new edition that will be better than the Edge of Darkness edition you can't buy anymore.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Aexo posted:

Or you could just... not buy it?

I think that's the plan for a lot of people. The issue is the new version has features in it which give people that do buy it an incredible advantage.
- Getting 6+ rep with fence can be done in hours now with car extracts so not being shot at by scavs over 60 meters will happen quickly. That is a massive thing and I don't trust BSG to not gently caress it up and not include all AI in the mix.
- Being able to call in friends whenever you want is potentially huge. Though it seems this might just be for the Co-op edition in which case lol that's useless.

The co-op thing is a massive draw to people that are sick of cheaters or just want to experience Tarkov without the PvP (which is also a reason why my group of friends are so keen for Gray Zone).

The EoD version was presented as "The Be All" edition and it is evident that is no longer true.
I get that BSG hemorrhaged money from Arena but this isn't the way to recoup costs.

If they'd have sold the co-op as a $50 addon, had the fence rep thing as a quest reward, and not had the Call In Friends device at all this would have been easier for people to swallow.
They could have even had "unique ID" as a purchasable thing and people would have paid to have a blue name or whatever.

Broken up into pieces and sold as separate addons would have made them more money, with less vitriol but they're not exactly masters of public relations.

As it stands now people are going to feel lovely about it, tell BSG to get hosed and look for alternatives. If they don't find them they'll be back next wipe.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Sininu posted:

And now I'm thinking that I'll actually never get the game and look at alternatives instead.

The Gray Zone devs must be laughing their asses off today.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I don't feel betrayed or anything that dramatic, I just think PVE should be for everybody and I don't think there should be advantages that are available to some people who cough up real money unless they're also able to be earned in game by everybody else.

They really should be giving the PvE to everyone.
I give less than a poo poo if someone else has two more squares in their pockets.
The "call for help item" is dumb.

Gray Zone announcing their launch date on Monday.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Kikas posted:

They said that they will let people buy the PvE on it's own soon. Price unknown, but EoD players get 50% discount on that.

70%* for the stand alone. EoD gets 50% on the upgrade price to the Unheard Edition. PvE will be part of EoD "at release".

I, and the person I quoted, think PvE should be part of all editions - now.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

The Gray Zone steam page claims a 2024 release, how incredibly early early days in development can it be?

OnePeg has a video about it - the game is currently 20% complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLx9OvF5Yg

I don't think it'll be a "Tarkov Killer" but I also don't think the devs are really aiming for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.
Yep. I got access today. My wife still hasn't but got EoD after me.