Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Man, the back-end server issues in the last couple of days have been awful. Couldn't even create a group yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
One of my favorite ways to solo scav is to roleplay as an npc for the first few minutes of a raid, down to randomly voice-lining, mmb looking at player scavs as I run by them while waving-- and then turning to shoot them in the back of the head as soon as they write me off

I'm a bad human bean

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Scav AI is so unpredictable at night. Sometimes it feels like you can run right up to them without a reaction, other times they start firing at you from miles away, through the soupiest of mists

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Malefitz posted:

I just bought a 78.71€ certificate that says I'm bad with money.

My god what do you guys do with all this stash space?

somehow it fills up with poo poo immediately, alternatively they slowly start shrinking your stash space after upgrading

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
going in almost naked with a vpo-215 w/ AP ammo and leaving the raid with two umps, one slick and a mostly intact altyn besides an unfortunate hole right between the eyes- feels pretty tarkov

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
The vpo-215 is a LOT better if you use the AP ammo instead. With some luck you can one-shot to the chest people wearing lv 3 armor, two-shot level 4 and most helmets fare about as well

Last wipe I ran that gun every time I went into woods and had a great time dunking on people who put more money into their rifle than I did my entire getup

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I guess you don't have access to flea yet either, then! They're pretty expensive per bullet, but if you carry a couple of mags and keep the rest in your butt, it's not so bad!

The sks with PS ammo is a good budget alternative pre-flea that doesn't need a lot of effort to punch way above its weight

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Sweet, I didn't know these setups came with SLI

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I have avoided shoreline more than I should this wipe, but now I have like seven quests there

It's a cool map, but I've been head eyed by so many white accounts while raiding there that I have become scared to bring anything above scav level gear in with me

Like a couple of days ago I was killed 5 actual seconds after spawning, proning in a bush next to hard cover, just checking my inventory real quick

poo poo's annoying and for some reason doesn't seem to happen nearly as much on any of the other maps

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

If my uhh... Fence rep is negative... by a lot... What are my options to recover? Extract PMCs?

Extract with vehicles as pmc, extract with pmcs as scav or just complete scav raids without killing other scavs, though the gains on the latter are pretty slow

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Love to feel that old tarkov death fear again when I realize that I've brought a double set of quest items into the raid with me

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Charles 1998 posted:

I don't know if this is exploiting or not but I'll just have eft running in the background while I'm doing other tasks, and when I scav timer is up I'll go to factory, and run straight for the exit, then vendor all my gear. Usually it's 20-30 seconds a run and I make 50-150k. I do this all day.

Are you running two instances of eft at the same time, or am I misreading you?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Speaking of fun scav behavior, I have noticed a few things related to bushes and scavs:

First, if you're in a bush and you're using a suppressor, you're basically invisible as far as scavs are concerned, until they're more or less on top of you. This seems to include bosses and their guards. I've sat myself down in bushes and picked off both reshala and schturman with impunity.

Second, while they generally won't open fire on you, even when taking it, they'll eventually start working their way straight towards your bush, seemingly regardless of whatever distance you shot at them from. But this isn't limited to just your targeted scav, soon other scavs will show up, pretending not to know you're bushing it up, they just happen to be patrolling in precisely your area.

I've actually used this on woods to find the hiding spot of a silenced weapon noise I couldn't pinpoint, until I saw a very determined scav jogging towards a bunch of leafy cover in the distance- which upon closer inspection had a comically long hunter suppressor sticking out of the vegetation

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

It'd be interesting to have a gun with minus ergonomics

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Nikita trying to help prop up the value of the rouble

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Charles 1998 posted:

How is calculating speed and checking if that speed passes a certain threshold hard? How is checking the distance between two points hard?

Good anticheat is insanely hard, even with the most intrusive detection methods

If you've somehow cracked the code, I'm sure there's a very long line of developers that are incredibly eager to hire you

ESEA/FaceIT for CS:GO and riots AC for Valorant are best in class by far, and hacks for both are still just a google search (and paid subscription) away

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
110% of players without EoD that kill you are cheaters, probably, maybe, hopefully

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
It's surely a pipe dream, but I would love nothing more than a killcam feature- even if it was something clusmy where you had to download a replay of the raid after the match has finished, like PUBG (Iirc?) does it. It would do wonders for my paranoia and would probably go a long way to curb the amount of hackusations

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
oh nice, guess I'm getting back in to check out the new map

my preferred playstyle involves sitting in a bush watching youtube until someone ambushable makes a sound, so this'll be a change of pace-- unless streets comes with a conveniently placed park???

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I really want to like this patch, streets looks and feels awesome, but I'm having major performance issues compared to last patch, and there's no rhyme or reason for it

Like a lot of people I need to reset my game between raids to avoid the memory leak, which is annoying but fine I guess, but sometimes I still get like 40ish FPS despite restarting (though it feels lower, somehow) on a map like customs, where I usually get 60-80

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I can't find any USB drives though for love nor money.

File cabinets or literally sticking out of the front of computer cases on any map that has em

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Level 20 and only just unlocked friend from the West

This was me a few wipes back, just couldn't for the life of me find that last packet of emelya rye croutons

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I haven't had the opportunity to play a ton, so I'm still a couple of levels away from 15, but learning most of the stash spots on woods and customs has made me rich as heck, I already have 5m in the bank that I'm ready to blow on hideout upgrades as soon as I get the flea market

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

sinburger posted:

Your player scav always has a different name, but they level up as a consistent character.

Do they? I thought scav stats and levels were fairly random between each run, but I guess I haven't really been paying attention to scav stats for a few wipes now

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Obviously there's cheating in Tarkov but man that video is disheartening to watch

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Shumagorath posted:

Post something to back this up. Did Denuvo fry your SSD too?

Faceit is a third party service for csgo that is largely considered to have one of the best anticheat systems on the market, and it works as tjones describes, but even that service sees its fair number of cheaters. Granted, most of them are banned eventually, but it's still not good enough to stop many before they've put down dozens of games with outlier performances.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Finally got around to trying SPTarkov, and it's the most fun I've had with the game in several wipes. Looking forwards to them updating it for the newest patch

Anyone know if these major SPTarkov updates wipe your progression?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Good to know, thanks!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Give controllers or bloodsuckers a 0.5% chance to spawn into raids, but absolutely do not add it to the patch notes

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Tibbeh posted:

Tarkov but it's STALKER would own honestly

Agreed, but luckily S.t.a.l.k.e.r:: Anomaly: Gamma isn't too far removed from exactly that! And it's free!

e: I imagine there's already quite a bit of crossover between stalker and tarkov goons, but if there's even one of you that haven't given gamma a go, do yourself a favor and check out the how-to-install guide on the discord link, and the stalker thread is mostly people playing anomaly anyway, so if you run into any problems :justpost:

Did I mention it's free?

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 31, 2024

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I'm tempted to play stalker, but the graphics annoy me and I'm a snob.

The character models and animations are definitely dated, but the lighting, shadow and effects are not that much worse than Tarkov- sometimes, depending on the scene, I think they could even be better

Sometimes it's a really pretty game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Someone rudely interrupted while levelling vitality