Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I just want to congratulate WB, who got so upset at the idea of superheroes ever being flawed or sad that they retconned out the original plot that explained this. Now even the mainstream is starting to notice that this logically means Wonder Woman witnessed the Holocaust and did nothing about it.

https://www.vulture.com/article/wonder-woman-1984-review-an-empty-spectacle.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

Did they gently caress up the release? Was supposed to be up ten minutes ago.

12 noon, not 12 midnight.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Okay so I’m watching this movie now and from what I understand Diana is completely aware that her boyfriend is in somebody else’s body but sleeps with him anyways.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

readingatwork posted:

All of these movies are far better than WW84 with the exception of ASM2 which was unwatchable garbage.

WW84 is pretty bad but I would absolutely classify Age of Ultron as one of the worst movies ever made.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

You need to watch more movies then, because it’s not even close to being that horrible.

I’ve watched plenty of movies and it absolutely is, thanks.

Basebf555 posted:

After she left Thor 2 I kinda assume that if she's doing a superhero film it's because she's able to do it the way she wants, but I suppose that's probably naive.

She outright admitted in a recent interview that WB rewrote the ending of WW1 from what she wanted, so there has to be a certain level she’s willing to put up with. Given a lot of this film’s failures can be explained as ham-handed attempts to channel the Donner films, what with Diana pulling a new superpower out of her rear end every ten minutes, it’s more likely she was attempting to adapt to the DCEU’s new direction in a productive way but failed to stick the landing.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 28, 2020

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
That thumbnail reminds me of my other favorite thing about this movie, which is a suit of legendary armor that’s talked up throughout the movie and could handle an entire army of men on its own and it falls apart fighting a large cat.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

ok so at the end reagan wished for nukes, so russia poo poo their pants and shot all their nukes, and then the US poo poo their pants and shot all their nukes, but they were wish nukes that went away when everyone walked back their wishes

except nobody in russia wished for nukes

Changed my mind y’all WW84 is actually super leftist full communism now

https://youtu.be/U06jlgpMtQs

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
This exact same man quite literally tried to apprehend and assault or rape her earlier in the movie, only stopped by Diana. Why should she have any belief that he’s not a threat now?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Communist Thoughts posted:

Cause she has superpowers and super strength and he's crawling away from her as she boots him down the street lol

He tried to rape her, idiot. Twice. The gently caress is this “you’re so much stronger just fight him off lol lmao rofl” poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

BigglesSWE posted:

The Bat of Gotham lets him live because he’s a big baddie that’s meant to be used in future movies. Or not. Oops.

So he should have... killed someone who was already imprisoned, without trial? I’m pretty sure that’s a war crime.