Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

why are we doing manual labor like "shoveling" to remove snow

its almost the year of are lord 2021 we have electronic cigarettes and other various technology to improve everything but im supposed to grab a stick with a piece of plastic on it to shoveL? manual labor? what am i a medieval peasant? drat

anywhere heres a new patent pending idea for snow removing.

a heating element mounted in a metal dish, mounted on a stick (see figure 1), used to melt the snow and easily clear your sidewalk(s) of dastardly snow

figure 1:

anyone have any other ideas on how we can use technology to solve this great dilemma of our winters? (dont say climate change)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
a roof for your driveway

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Hook up your sprinkler system to your water heater it's loving homeowner 101 poo poo noob

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

A driveway made of cast iron radiators.

Edit: this is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maSHH8njU8A

bossy lady fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 27, 2020

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
A great deal of piss. Perhaps if your toilet was just a piss catcher going to a pipe that lead to a sprinkler.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

light + farts = small flamethrower

sirr0bin
Aug 16, 2004
damn you! let the rabbits wear glasses!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylhrszIY-Do

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
honestly dude, you have to work for stuff not everything can be solved with technology like waving a fairy wand to make all your chores disappear.

what you gotta do is grow some balls from the snow and stack them one on top of another one on top of another one. do you have twigs in that driveway of yours? good, cause you’re gonna need two pretty sturdy ones that you’ll insert into the second ball. do you bbq ever? good, grab two pierces of charcoal and insert them into the top ball. if you’re wearing a button up which by the quality of your post I’m gonna guess you are: remove one button and insert it below the charcoal. these last three steps are very important and it helps if you’re a specific kind of person: find a hat, fedora or ball cap whatever and place it on top of the top ball. get a pipe, any kind of pipe will do, pack it with tobacco or herb of your choice til it’s completely full. You’re gonna insert that into your top ball below the button. you’re going to need to speak some words of power into your ball thing. I can’t be more specific but I know they enjoy being sung to. After that your creature should be animated, move around, smoke the pipe (important: DO NOT LIGHT THE PIPE - the snow thing will just suck it and be satisfied. If you light the pipe your snow thing will die and you’ll have to start all over again) at this point if you provide your creature with a shovel it should begin shoveling snow from your driveway. the only danger is that it will attempt to form other lesser snow things which is fine but they have a habit of wandering off to cause havoc unless properly contained on your property. good luck and remember fire can kill them

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Snow Mats™ !!!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Schweinhund posted:

Snow Mats™ !!!

holy crap that's actually good

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Does clearing your walk/driveway with a flamethrower work beyond removing snow? Does it just melt the snow to a point where it just turns to water, making it more of a hazard? Or does it evaporate enough snow to leave a dry path?

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
100% turns your poo poo into an ice rink

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I made some improvements to the concept.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ante posted:

100% turns your poo poo into an ice rink

I came to post this what are you crazy do you live in Hawaii??

Blowmonkey
Jan 9, 2005

Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
Build a sun

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Linux Pirate posted:

Does clearing your walk/driveway with a flamethrower work beyond removing snow? Does it just melt the snow to a point where it just turns to water, making it more of a hazard? Or does it evaporate enough snow to leave a dry path?

Ice. But you can deal with ice with a thin layer of sand and/or salt. So it could still work out as long as melting the snow is the first step and not the only step.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

it's called a snowblower OP. wtf

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The solution is called children.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

my foolish gf shovels the driveway. i am wise and know that it will melt on our east facing driveway

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Linux Pirate posted:

I think it would melt and evaporate the snow but you'd probably need like 100 gallons of fuel to do your driveway.

Mumbling Nuggets
Jan 14, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Tilt your property up at a 45 angle, so that all the snow slides onto your neighbor's.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Home Depot has a driveway snow torch but it looks slow as hell:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bare-Ground-BareBlaster-Propane-Ice-Torch-BB-100/202025224

Now this guy has the right idea:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

bossy lady posted:

A driveway made of cast iron radiators.

Edit: this is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maSHH8njU8A

https://www.bobvila.com/articles/heated-driveway/

Alternatively pay someone with a snow plow or buy a snow blower.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Pretty sure you can buy (or probably DIY) a set of wires that generate a slight current, raising the temperature of the pavement just above freezing. It'll keep snow from accumulating, but you're still boned if you get a night or a week or hell, a month in some certain hellscape places, where it snows multiple feet.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Stand in your driveway punching and kicking each snowflake before it hits the ground.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A driveway that spins lengthwise.
There's no snow on the other side you idiot. You moron.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Fun fact: this guy also tried to deep fry a whole cow a la aqua teen hunger force.

He got the tank from his uncle Burp.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

They arrested him for possession of livestock because he was frying a cow? He even clearly explained, "I know me a butcher.”

That is some bullshit.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Waiting for spring always works for me.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

This is why I keep hundreds of jars of my own piss on heating elements at all times from November to March

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Where

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Build a fence all the way to the street OP. gently caress those entitled bitches in your neighborhood that want a clean sidewalk to walk on. Make them walk in the street!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

salt the earth

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Dynamite in sufficient quantities, op

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
laser eyes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

500 years of industrialization

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cover your driveway with small gauge railroad tracks and take up an interest in building those train plows to whatever scale you choose.

I dunno big enough to drive so like those small ones for kids they have at fixed amusement parks but not like... County fair bullshit I dunno I'm not a loving train weirdo you loving train weirdo.

Also another train catalog came you want it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Forage for turds and just sort of pave it over with the turds.