Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Some kind of goat that eats snow instead of grass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Flip your lawn over and let the rest of the snow dump in the snow pan where it can melt down into the stormdrains.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Sell your house and move into a nice apartment americans are loving bizarre with their boomer obsession of everyone having a 6 bedroom McMansion

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
ive got a lot of stuff though

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
just wait until spring

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Build a giant carport that covers your entire property.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
As a kid I had the brilliant idea that snowplow trucks should replace the blade with a laser instead. Just melt it off! I was smart too, and figured one laser pointing out in front of the truck might not be enough, so a second one too. First melts, second one evaporates. Then I figured a 3rd off the tail of the truck could actually dry things out.

Years later, studying engineering I remembered my awesome idea, and realized I could actually do a rough calculation of how much energy it would take; say 6" of fresh snow at 25F.

Well, it turns out you'd have to strap a nuclear reactor to the back of a truck for the instantaneous and durational power needs of such a system to keep the streets clean for a few hours.

I say, lets do it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Internetjack posted:

As a kid I had the brilliant idea that snowplow trucks should replace the blade with a laser instead. Just melt it off! I was smart too, and figured one laser pointing out in front of the truck might not be enough, so a second one too. First melts, second one evaporates. Then I figured a 3rd off the tail of the truck could actually dry things out.

Years later, studying engineering I remembered my awesome idea, and realized I could actually do a rough calculation of how much energy it would take; say 6" of fresh snow at 25F.

Well, it turns out you'd have to strap a nuclear reactor to the back of a truck for the instantaneous and durational power needs of such a system to keep the streets clean for a few hours.

I say, lets do it.

Mother of God, where have you been all my life

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Korthal posted:

Just build your driveway underground

Elon?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

rotinaj posted:

Mother of God, where have you been all my life

lol, I'm here. Advocating nuclear powered laser trucks for all cities that get snow.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Just rent a snow melter OP. $2800 per hour, bing bong so simple.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
OP I've given this a lot of thought, and truthfully I think the wisest course of action would be to give up about the snow. Just give up and piss your pant

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
why get rid of it at all?? just build your house out of the snow.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Practice social distancing: stay snowed in until spring.

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

Cover the driveway with tablecloths, invite all your family/friends to watch you pull out the tablecloths without disturbing the snow, then embarrassingly fail and pull all the snow off

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Dig a system of tunnels and dens under your house and just hibernate through the winter months.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Global warming

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Eat the snow. Then your body heat will naturally melt it and your gross distended stomach will contain the water.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

children are almost definitely the fastest and most cost-effective means suggested so far. you can probably get away with paying one $10 or $20 to do it for you. best free option is higher temperatures aka spring.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Lose your hand to a snowblower. Then you'll have an excuse to not have to deal with it anymore.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

children are almost definitely the fastest and most cost-effective means suggested so far. you can probably get away with paying one $10 or $20 to do it for you. best free option is higher temperatures aka spring.

I don't see how. To cover my driveway and stop it from being snow covered, the child would have to be gigantic! My driveway is like 8 car lengths long, easily. And it diverges to my detached, meaning you'd have a two headed 8 -10 car length tall monster child and I imagine it would want more than TEN DOLLARS to lay there in the COLD, MAN! *shakes head incredulously*

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What would my NEIGHBORS do?! Find ANOTHER mutant monster child?! Who's making these bastards?!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The HOA buys them by the foot.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Just travel everywhere by helicopter.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Invade the neighboring countries and use the snow in your driveway as a kind of deterrent for the natural escalation of power that would become allied against you as you refuse to cede the land you have taken and atone for the lives you have destroyed

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Dig a REALLY big and deep hole so all the snow will fall into the center of the earth and immediately cease to be

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
What about a huge jet turbine/blower that just fires a blast of superheated hot air, it could be like a snowblower and a super melting heat ray all in one

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I propose putting several octillion tons of hydrogen gas and allowing it's own gravity to allow it to overcome strong nuclear forces to begin fusing releasing unimaginable amounts of energy, and placing your self sustaining fusion reactor about one astronomical unit away.

Eventually, within a quarter year or so, the rays from that power source will be focused enough on your hemisphere to produce heat and melt all the snow, not just in your walkway, but everywhere nearby

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Lay down a heated blanket before it snows then just plug it in after the snowfall comes. Bing bang boom.

Wait for global warming to reach your area of the world.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cover the ocean with a tarp so it stops evaporating so much.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

goatface posted:

Cover the ocean with a tarp so it stops evaporating so much.

Would be easier to raise the temperature of the planet to boil the oceans away. We're like a quarter of the way there already.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Whenever it snows, sell your house and buy a snow-free one.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Play Waltz of the Snowflakes from Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker. The snow will dance away.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Xaintrailles posted:

Just travel everywhere by helicopter.

Just use your helicopter to blow the snow onto the neighbors place.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Use drugs to put yourself into a medically induced coma over the winter months.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

rotinaj posted:

What about a huge jet turbine/blower that just fires a blast of superheated hot air, it could be like a snowblower and a super melting heat ray all in one

These exist, I think there's some pics online from russia with a mig engine.

Imo just get a black powder, like graphite I guess? And dust the snow on the driveway with it. The black will absorb the suns energy and melt the snow.

You may need to reapply the coating but once the driveway is exposed it should eat away at it real quick.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Fresh blood should be warm enough to melt snow. Create an Aztec sacrificial mound at the top of the driveway. They figured out how to make rivers of the stuff.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Just strip and lay down in it you’ll be real cold at first, then warm, then you don’t have to worry about snow ever again.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
My neighbors did it for me out of the kindness of their hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Edgar posted:

My neighbors did it for me out of the kindness of their hearts.

That is super cool of them. Karma says you have to bake them some cookies or buy them a six pack or something.